SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : so wretched to pray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

so wretched to pray

we need to pray everyday and without ceasing as what the Bible said...

but there are many times I feel so wretched specially in thoughts that I do not want to pray to God anymore and do not want to commune with Him, I feel so impure to come for prayers...

2018/3/4 17:31
dohzman

Re: so wretched to pray

That’s why we have the cross and the call to deny ourselves and take up the cross daily and follow Jesus. I doubt any Christian can honestly say they feel worthy of Christ let alone approaching His glorious Throne, but we are encourage to do just that, come to His Throne and receive grace! Amen!

2018/3/4 17:38Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The only way to come before a holy God in prayer is to come on the basis of the blood of Jesus that has been shed for us. The blood of Jesus gives us access to the throne of grace. The Word of God tells us that we can come boldly unto the throne of grace because of what Jesus has done for us.

We can never enter in to God's presence based on what we have done. Even if we have read the Word of God and done many good works, our righteousness will not be sufficient to come before a holy God. Neither does our unrighteousness disqualify us from prayer, because we have an advocate before the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, and if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Through faith in Jesus Christ we are made righteous through the blood, and through the blood, we can come boldly to the throne of grace in prayer.

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (Hebrews 4:15,16)

"Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus," (Hebrews 10:19).

2018/3/4 19:13Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

When you feel unworthy is the best time to pray.

May I also suggest that when you pray, just start to be thankful, start praising Jesus, tell Him how much you love Him, even if you don't necessarily feel that way. Minister to Him.

God bless you and be encouraged, sister.

2018/3/4 22:28Profile
Sree

Over the years I have found that there are times when I find myself worthy to come to Christ due to my walk with him, like how I honored God in my walk. There are time I find my self unworthy due to my walk with him, like how I dishonored God in my walk.

Both are wrong. My worthiness is not based on what I feel about myself but what Christ paid for me.

It is important for us to keep examining our walk and continuously repent from everything that displeases God. But it is also important to put everything behind and follow Christ. Even our success and failures in our spiritual walk should be put behind.

There is a big difference between conviction which is the work of Holy Spirit and condemnation which is the work of Devil. Conviction brings to Repentance beyond reproach that gets us close to God. Condemnation drives us away from God.

2018/3/5 1:13Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Amen and Amen to what AbideinHim said. I quote again that whole post:

"The only way to come before a holy God in prayer is to come on the basis of the blood of Jesus that has been shed for us. The blood of Jesus gives us access to the throne of grace. The Word of God tells us that we can come boldly unto the throne of grace because of what Jesus has done for us.

We can never enter in to God's presence based on what we have done. Even if we have read the Word of God and done many good works, our righteousness will not be sufficient to come before a holy God. Neither does our unrighteousness disqualify us from prayer, because we have an advocate before the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, and if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Through faith in Jesus Christ we are made righteous through the blood, and through the blood, we can come boldly to the throne of grace in prayer.

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (Hebrews 4:15,16)

"Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus," (Hebrews 10:19).

2018/3/5 18:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy