SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Americans Pay Respect To Billy Graham

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
staff

Americans Pay Respect To Billy Graham

Hi Its right that America honors Billy Graham

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/28/americans-pay-respects-to-billy-graham-at-us-capitol-love-him.html

History repeats itself we often hear,lets hope and pray that we get another like him,urs staff

2018/2/28 14:11Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Americans Pay Respect To Billy Graham

Praise God that Fox News is broadcasting Billy Graham’s funeral. The gospel of Jesus Christ is being preached. Where is CNN and MSNBC? #BillyGrahamFuneral

2018/3/2 13:10Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Mike

Brother Mike asked, Where is CNN and MSNBC? They are part of the cult, your never go against your cult, they will bury you, even physically sometimes.

2018/3/2 14:06Profile
staff

Re:

Hi
Got to watch alot of the funeral and his children did him,America and God proud.Great Job.Also may I add President Trump was amazing during his speech yesterday and he can only be commended by American Christians for being so forthright.
I have said this before but i'l repeat myself .I and a pastor friend have being saying that Billy Grahams death would be significant when ever it happened .His Daughter Anne said the same thing today at the funeral.Really worth a listen too if you didnt catch it,urs staff

2018/3/2 15:24Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Billy Graham Quotes:

“Death for the Christian is the doorway to heaven’s glory. Because of Christ’s resurrection we can joyously say with Paul, ‘Where, O death, is your victory?’” (1 Corinthians 15:55)

1. "Some day you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don't you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God."

2. "My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world."

3. "Do I fear death? No. I look forward to death with great anticipation. I am looking forward to seeing God face to face. And that could happen any day." (Newsweek, July 4, 2005)

4. "When we all reach the end of our earthly journey, we will have just begun."

5. "The Bible says that as long as we are here on Earth, we are strangers in a foreign land. There are enemies to be conquered before we return home. This world is not our home; our citizenship is in heaven."

6. "Heaven doesn't make this life less important; it makes it more important."

7. "Death for the Christian is the doorway to heaven's glory. Because of Christ's resurrection we can joyously say with Paul, 'Where, O death, is your victory?'" (1 Corinthians 15:55)

Billy Graham

2018/3/2 16:51Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Abideinhim,
Great qoutes and I love the Number 1,just changed addresses.How classy is that .staff

2018/3/2 19:24Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I really like his epitaph:

Billy Graham
Preacher of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ

2018/3/3 0:47Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I, too, listened/watched Billy Graham's funeral via the web. I was so impressed and blessed. After watching for a few hours I checked on the news and it seemed like rubbish in comparison to what I had been seeing for a couple hours earlier.

There were few points shared that I loved:

1. Billy and Ruth loved each other. Remember what Franklin said how they loved each other? So sweet.

2. Billy told another preacher how to have a successful ministry: preach Jesus, not yourself, or your opinions, focus on Jesus.

3. He loved the Bible....

I was gratified with President Trump and Ryan's remarks that were spoken at the capitol rotunda. You could have thought you were at an evangelistic meeting. Yes, they did me proud - as a Southerner would say.

Sandra

2018/3/3 17:55Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Americans Pay Respect To Billy Graham

I saw on the web where no other religious leader in the USA was afforded the respects as shown to Billy Graham in the capitol rotunda as he was. Wonder how this came about? and why? Did Trump and Pence hold Graham is such high regard they would buck tradition? But then, Trump will buck tradition if it stands in the way of his agenda.

Still am curious how this was managed...I do find it admirable.

Sandra

2018/3/3 18:10Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Sandra,
Lovely post ,I especially think what you said about comparing watching the funeral to watching the other rubbish on Tv,Speaker after speaker had something important to say.Indeed watching and listening his Daughter is like a chip of the old block.Then his daughter Ruth gave a very moving personal account of her troubles and how her dad responded.I dont think any President in the history of the States has given such an evangelic speech like that at the rotunda,
I believe strongly this is an important moment like his daughter Anne said,ur staff

2018/3/3 19:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy