SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Is a Great Revival Coming to America?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Is a Great Revival Coming to America?

Is a Great Revival Coming to America?
by Michael Brown

For the last several years, there has been an increasing cry for a fresh move of God in our country, for a new spiritual awakening. Is it coming? Are the days of revival near? Could we see America shaken by the Word and the Spirit?

In my recent book Saving a Sick America, I shared my deep and fervent hope that another great awakening could be at hand, something that could rock our nation from coast to coast. So, I'm certainly not one to say, "It's too late for America!"

And the Lord knows how desperately we need revival. In fact, it is no exaggeration to say that, without a national awakening, in just one generation America could collapse into spiritual anarchy.

So, the question is not, "Do we need revival?" nor is the question, "Is God willing to send revival?"

Instead, the question is, "Do we really want revival? Will we welcome a divine visitation if it came?"

Or, to ask the question even more pointedly, "As God's people, do we really want Him to visit us afresh, or are we content to remain in our compromised spiritual state?"

Do you remember what happened in the Gadarenes, according to Mark 5? There was a demonized man there who had terrorized the region: "He lived among the tombs. And no one could constrain him, not even with chains, because he had often been bound with shackles and chains. But he had pulled the chains apart and broken the shackles to pieces. And no one could subdue him. Always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying out and cutting himself with stones" (Mark 5:3-5).

read more: https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/69775-is-a-great-revival-coming-to-america

2018/2/26 21:46Profile
jrgquirino

Orange County, CA

Re: Is a Great Revival Coming to America?

Hi Michael (AbideinHim),

I believe we all want revival but the larger sum does not want to make that sacrifice to pray and cry out for it.
Seems to me that the church movement today are always laughing, having a good time, enjoying the activities inside and outside the church. There is no true brokenness for the world. When I have read and heard about the revivals around the world there was someone or a group always praying, seeking God, and crying out for him to come. There is no cry like this right now.

I believe it will still come but first we as a church have to repent again and stop our enjoyment inside and once again seek God. Which revival in the bible or in our history has ever come through so much enjoyment in the church?

I hope I have not made it seem like a negative comment, but I have shared my heart on this.

- Brother Jorge Q.

2018/2/27 11:27Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Jorge- based on what you posted, what do you think a church should “look like?”

In other words let’s assume a church is doing what you recommend. Please describe what that church would be like from the time you get out of your car in the parking to when you get back into your car afterwards?

2018/2/27 12:28Profile
jrgquirino

Orange County, CA

Re:

TMK,

Its not anyone's church, its Gods church, something to keep in mind. In the bible the Book of Acts is a great model of a real church. We shouldn't get so carried away with how the church should look like, lets remember what Jesus said about the temple ""Do you see all these things?" he asked. "Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down." Mat 24:2

That is all you will get from me.

I really don't see it as my recommendation but as Gods will. It is what we see the Apostles did as they laid down the teaching of Christ.

Kindly in the Lord

- Brother Jorge Q.

2018/2/27 12:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I understand Jorge- but lots of folks keep talking about what the church should look like (and usually reference Acts) but offer no practical solution as to how to get there.

We no longer live in the first century. The vast majority of Christians go to church. Even Spurgeon and Tozer pastored churches. So the question on the table is how to get evangelical churches to the ideal that you and many others reference.

Believe me I am not against an ideal church and would love to attend one. What I AM against are folks criticizing without offering PRACTICAL suggestions or ideas.

Also- your post referenced “inside and outside” the churches so I assumed you meant local churches.

2018/2/27 14:05Profile
jrgquirino

Orange County, CA

Re:

TMK,

Absolutely we no longer live in the first century. So does that mean the Bible or God is outdated?

It is good to pastor a church and as a leader of Gods house we need to depend on God for guidance for that. Remember as leaders we will be judged more strictly! Therefore lets seek God and show the church to do the same. James 3:1. Spurgeon and Tozer Excellent examples.

I also would not call it criticize, its simply speaking truth. If it were criticizing then how do we explain how Jesus denounced the towns were he did many miracles: Mathew 11:20-24.

I have read many other brothers and sisters post, they have shared about prayer and seeking God. Thats all the practical suggestion we all need especially for Revival. There is not more to it. What do we need to share a 5-point slide?

How can you pray and ask God to save our communities if we are to busy enjoying life itself?

If many have referenced the book of Acts. They have done a good thing because that is what were see prayer and seeking God. Acts 2:42.

Lets not overthink it. Its a simple task with a heavy duty.

Again keep in mind, its not my idea, or my suggestions, it is Gods will. Acts 17:27.

Blessings

- Brother Jorge Q.

2018/2/27 15:45Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Welcome to the boards brother Jorge.

Just a few things.

Knowing Todd from his postings, he isn't debating the validity of scripture or looking for a power point on revival. If he is like me,( and he may not be like me) we are looking at sustainability.

What does a Church look like that has been transformed by revival ( I mean a far reaching God-sent revival) what are it's characteristics? How can a pastor continue to maintain the 'awakening', the 'obedience', the 'prayer', the 'transformation of character' that is associated with genuine revival.

Jorge, we don't know what manner in which the Spirit of God will bring about revival, nor do we know the effects in terms of replacing traditions with new ideas.

For me, I don't know what God will do. It is easy to say "new obedience, new passion, new awakening, new converts", most any Christian can parrot that even without wanting any revival.

We can all read about Finney, Edwards, Whitefield, Wesley, and even more current the Jesus movement and recognize common elements in each move of God, but we also know God has new things in store, different ways of bringing in his Spirit and power so as to effect his purposes in the Church. The next revival, ( I believe there will be one) need not contain any elements specific to a period of time, yet it will contain all the elements in accordance with scripture revelation.

Real revival is not located in Acts alone it must be located our time as well, our cultures, our situations and what that looks like is yet to be determined.

2018/2/27 18:55Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Is a Great Revival Coming to America?

Quote:
For the last several years, there has been an increasing cry for a fresh move of God in our country, for a new spiritual awakening. Is it coming? Are the days of revival near? Could we see America shaken by the Word and the Spirit?

Thanks for the call to continued prayer and a crying out to God for spiritual awakening in our times. The Lord is stirring many hearts, I'm excited!

To each one who reads this, you could be the man, you could be the woman, that simply believes God and His promises and makes the difference in the spiritual battle of our time.

In Christ,

2018/2/27 19:31Profile
dohzman

Re:

I think finding a fresh anointing or spiritual awakening is easy to get but difficult to keep. I believe we miss real revival in many local fellowships because we do not recognize it when it comes and we miss God, thinking that we already know how it should look. Marvin was correct in many things he posted on the subject. Years ago while on the streets preaching our assembly was also very involved with children’s ministries, inter city kids. The Lord started to work in a very wonderful way convicting prostitutes of thier sins and drug runners amongst other things, we were all so busy doing the work that we missed God and because of that what could have moved beyond our community did not and the foxes came in to destroy the fruit.. The fellowship ? We all got busy doing our own thing and eventually disbanded. I could write a book of the wonderful things The Lord did and many lessons gleaned. Churches from several states sent people over to be a part in hopes of bringing the same intense move of God back to thier churches. What a time, was that revival? I have lamented having not recognized it as such repenting in sack cloth and ashes for many years.

Revival you say.? The bigger question is will we be willing to recognize it and allow The Awesome God of Wonders to carry us with the Stream of Living Waters that comes with it?

2018/2/27 20:14Profile
jrgquirino

Orange County, CA

Re:

Marvin,

thank you for the warm welcome.

Sustainability? So you are asking how the church is suppose to look like? A lot of questions. You need to consult of God in those areas, not men.

I do not know any specific steps to take to have your ideal church model nor I does any man. Just God.

I think if we seek God honestly, he puts us in place.

Lets pray not only for Revival but also for Gods Presence to maintain in our lives forever.

Blessings.

- Jorge Q.

2018/2/27 23:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy