SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : got robbed at gun point on my way to work this morning

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

got robbed at gun point on my way to work this morning

Two punks. Brazen robbery at 7:30 AM while I was walking my normal route, which I would never think was dangerous. They have all my personal information. I'm not feeling to secure right now. But I need to figure out how to deal with this in a spiritual forgiving manner, and get the anger out of me. It can't help, while it is understandable. Even before they approached me I had a bad feeling of something very evil around me. (I should have ran at that point.) Please pray that these two young men and their compatriots find their way out of the jungle that is inner city Washington DC and find salvation.

Bubbaguy

2005/6/27 17:09
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: got robbed at gun point on my way to work this morning

that must have been terrible and I thank god that you loved your enemies but hopefully god will love you even more for doing so !!
pray for them to become great preachers!!
I would love to hug and cry for you!! and pray that god turn you into a even more mighty man of valour!!

2005/6/27 17:31Profile
Compton

Thankfully you weren't hurt Jake. I pray for your continued protection and even the return, or at least their disregard, of your personal ID possesions...

I've never been robbed at gun point. Has anyone else here been? I have been robbed and the feeling that someone has your personal info is unsettling.

I share your prayer for these two thugs...and the rest of the jungle that in inner city DC. I also pray for the police that they might catch these fellas...

Let us know how you fare with all this in the next few days.

MC

2005/6/27 17:33Profile

My brother Jake

I'll join with my dear brother MC, and just let you know, that as I type this, my thoughts and my prayers are with you. What happened to you is horrible, a horrible violation, akin to a rape, and my prayer is this; that God gives you the impossible love, that is birthed only in a baptism of the Holy Ghost to actually love these two very unlovable specimens of a lost corrupt and depraved generation.

I feel privledged that you would reach out to this forum, for any kind of succor, emotional and spiritual. This is church Jake. I love you and pray that God blesses you in unforeseen ways.
Neil

2005/6/27 18:21

Bubba,

I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you but glad you are not injured physically. May you quickly regain a sense of perspective on people in streets, despite this event and may the Lord enable you to sleep and know His safety.

2005/6/27 20:30
geddingsm

south carolina

I to was robbed at a business I ran. It was also at gunpoint. One thing that bothered me was the fact that there was a person out there that I could kill with my bare hands if I got a chance. I came to realize that while these feelings were normal in the flesh they did not reflect the heart of God.
Do not get under condemnation because of your feelings. Focus on the fact that it was a part of God's plan. Maybe a test of faith, I don't know.
In my case it was a part of God's plan that brought revival to me.
It is also important to cast down those imaginations and don't let Satan control them. The important thing is you weren't hurt and if you died to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
My prayers are with you!

In Him,
geddingsm

2005/6/27 22:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Hey Jake,

Glad you are OK brother, my prayers are with you friend...I don't have any words, sorry, I just feel sorry. Do keep us posted brother on how you are doing with all this alright?

2005/6/28 0:34Profile

Re: God watches over us all....

...and though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we will fear no evil.

What happened to you dear brother is an aweful thing. It invades your privacy, and threatens your well being. These kind of people are cowards, they use the gun to overwhelm their victums. Guns do not overwhelm our God. He promised to never leave us or forsake us and He keeps His Word. Though this event was unsettling, it did not unsettle God. I'm glad to see your faith is intact as well. It's just another step along the road, and may in fact be a tool you can use to minister to someone else one day. God bless you and comfort you and heal you inside today, that's my prayer for you. I pray that His peace fill you to overflowing. This day did not suprise our God. Rest in the surety of His promise and His word. This too shall pass. But God is always there, for you, and for us all.

In Him,

Lahry

2005/6/28 8:23

Re:

Thank you all for your kind words and blessings. I walked by the same place today and still cannot figure out why they picked it for a robbery, its a wide open city street in a residential neighborhood. I'm starting to get my senses back about this thing but am concerned these guy have been watching me for awhile and may try something again. (When I moved into the neighborhood a year and a half ago I was the only white person for many blocks, so I stick out.)

My nerves are feeling a bit better today and I guess life goes on. So I am grateful I didn't get shot. Finding it hard to pray for the thugs at this point, though.

Bubba

2005/6/28 8:38

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy