Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Since the Eclipse of Aug. 21, 2017

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Since the Eclipse of Aug. 21, 2017

This is what the Lord GOD says: Look, one disaster after another is coming!
Ezek. 7:5. Holman Standard Bible

On August 21, 2017 a total eclipse occurred across America from Northwest to Southeast. In history total eclipses have been seen as a sign of judgement upon Gentile nations.  Since August 21st these are some of the disasters that have come upon America.......

August 25, 2017... Hurricane Harvey makes landfall flooding much of Houston. Causing several billion dollars worth of damage.  Mainly due to flooding. 82 fatalities are associated with hurricanev Harvey.  Considered one of the most destructive hurricanes in Texas history.

Aug. 30 - Sept. 16, 2017... hurricane Irma ravages much of the Caribbean and the Southern United States.  Over 130 fatalities.  Estimates of damages due to Irma are over 70 billion. That's best guess. Puerto Rico one of our territories is still recovering from the effects of this hurricane.  Irma is considered one of the most destructive hurricanes in recent history.

Oct 1, 2017... Shooting in Las Vegas. 59 fatalities including the shooter.

Month of October... 250 wildfires burned over Northern California. About 240,000 scres were destroyed. 8900 buildings burned down. There were 44 fatalities. Over 100 injuries.

Nov 5, 2017... 26 Saints slain at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Texas. Considered largest church shooting in US history.  Many of the slain with children.  Several were also injured.

Jan. 5, 2018... Powerful blizzard covers entire US East Coast with snow ranging from several inches to several feet. Blizzard is called bomb byclone by weather bureau.  There were 22 fatalities associated with the storm. Damages are unavailable at this time.

Feb. 14, 2018... A young man opens fire on a high school in Parkland Florida killing 17 students.

I have only listed Seven events that have occurred since the August 21st eclipse of 2017. There may be more. But I cannot recall. But these are the ones that stand out in my mind.

I find it too coincidental to say that the above tragedies are merely random events. God is speaking to us through His judgments. The question is are we listening? 

Simply my thoughts.

Blaine

2018/2/18 15:50
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Since the Eclipsr of Aug. 21, 2017

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

2018/2/18 19:29Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Since the Eclipsr of Aug. 21, 2017

Blaine said: "I find it too coincidental to say that the above tragedies are merely random events. God is speaking to us through His judgments. The question is are we listening?"

Brother, have you ever read the Book of Daniel and/or Ezekiel/Jeremiah at the same time?

Take notice of the fact that Daniel through out the book gives us the 10,000 foot view, seeing kingdoms coming and going, kings rising and falling, God's people saved and vindicated, God's coming Messiah making an end of Sin and the sacrifice for sin. Judgment upon Kings, decrees of God made against some pagan kings; and other pagan kings declaring the might, power, dominion and mercies of God. Some pagan kings humbled and then put to death, others humbled like and animal and yet restored.

Jeremiah, face to face with sinful kings, a sinful nation, false prophets, false priests, leaders who are corrupt.
The power of falsehood to corrupt a nation and all the dirt and pain suffered by God's people. Idols named and condemned, kings named and condemned, great pagan nations named and judged, yet, new covenants promised, new life prophesied, new hope and new beginnings decreed.

You see one prophet in the thick of the sins of God's people and another prophet in the thick of the foolishness and vanity of pagan kings. You see God's grace upon the obedient man, you see God's kindness toward the worst of sinners who are also God's people.

Here are two yea three books that show God working simultaneously with God's people to redeem them yet judge them for their sins. God's sending prophets to warn and to welcome the repentant, and yet promises made that God's people will know him obey him and serve him forevermore.

We are no different, we are not so much as a millimeter away from the sovereign hand of God and yet the lost feel a million miles away from God. Jesus Christ dwells in his people and yet so many of his people are affected with the worldly attitudes and sinful desires of the pagans around all of us.
God is this moment, I believe with all my heart making a pure spotless bride, making his people holy, separating unto himself a holy people desirous of God's presence and willing to lay down their lives for the lost.

When they killed John the Baptist what did Jesus do? He continued to show compassion on a blind and foolish people because his demonstration of who the Father is and who the Son is was not finished. We are not finished no matter how bad things get. In fact, looking at the persecuted Church, I see how serious they are about Jesus Christ, we too have no less the Spirit of God to demonstrate the love and power of God through us.

I can prophecy the wages of sin is death and I would be 100% right, I can prophecy the blessings and promises of God and the loving fatherliness of our God and I would be 100% right.

There are 7 cited events where people were killed or died due to the extremes of this present world. There were probably a 1000 such events the world over and God attended everyone of them. What matters is not that we can repeat the horrible news of calamity, what matter is "What is God saying"? Well, I do want to know what God is saying in these calamities. If you were to say judgment, I would say I agree, but is judgment God's last word in those events? Not according to any prophet I read in scripture.

The end of an event maybe pain, death and calamity. But the end of God's lesson is more than the event itself, it must be the wisdom of God revealed in his word rightly applied to the events of life to give sense and meaning to extremely painful tragedy. I want to know the meaning in some small way to build where God has judged and torn down.
I am not in contradiction, What God destroyed by Babylon, God had rebuilt under Cyrus, God is never finished with his work in the world merely because an event shocked us in its degree of suffering. God is everyday working toward the final redemption work through Jesus Christ.

Everyday is a day of God's continued working in his own beloved Church, even one so tainted by its culture. God has a way of fixing the problems we make for ourselves. Humanism, capitalism, communism or any other ism will not impeded what we both desire deep in our hearts...God's glory and love expressed in the world through God's people.

All of this has happened since the eclipse.

2018/2/19 19:17Profile

Re: Noreaster Rips Through East Coast

Another snow bomb or Nor'easter is ripping through the East Coast. Some fatalities recorded. Extensive flooding and over a million people without power.

This has been the second snowbomb that the East Coast has experienced. US Weather Bureau says that the winds of the second storm compare to Hurricane Sandy of a few years ago.

To the best of my knowledge the east coast has not experienced two storms of this magnitude back to back.

Are we still going to close her eyes and say that God is not bringing remedial judgements Upon yhis nation? Are we still going to close her eyes and say that Jesus is not coming soon?

Yes we probably will.

Bro B

2018/3/3 16:46
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Check out the winter in Boston a couple of years ago.

And what about the blizzard of 79

2018/3/3 18:44Profile

Re: On Our Own Ranks

Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation."

2 Peter 3:3-4

~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems that the biggest mockers of the return of Jesus Christ are in our own evangelical ranks. The Seventh-Day Adventist a quasi Christian cult will attach more credence to the return of Christ then many evangelicals do.

Truly one wonders.

BB

2018/3/4 0:23
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

So a mocker is someone who doesn't allow you to make outlandish statements about weather, trying to tie it all into a recent eclipse that was set in motion thousands and thousands of years ago?

Sorry Bear, can't let you get away with such outlandishness.

Of course every weather event we have today, good or bad, is a tad closer to Christ's return than the weather events yesterday.

Of course the same could have been said 2000 years ago.

You are trying to shoehorn very normal weather events into this eclipse nonsense. Nor'easters have blown and caused havoc on the eastern coast of the US since time immemorial.

Even Paul's ship in the Mediterranean was wrecked by a nor'easter. Wonder if an eclipse had just happened back then?

As an aside, it's a beautiful morning here in NC.

2018/3/4 8:18Profile
docs

Re:

/It seems that the biggest mockers of the return of Jesus Christ are in our own evangelical ranks./

It doesn't seem that way to me. Every Christian I know and go to church with firmly believes in the second coming of Christ and that it may be relatively soon. I'm quite sure it is the same across the true church and the body of Christ. Perhaps the mockers being referred to are people of the world who don't have faith and don't believe in Christ in the first place.

Is there anything good you may have to say about God's true church bear? The word tells me that what God has begun He is well able to finish as regards His people. The church needs to be built up and edified through instruction from the word and not constantly brow beat and condemned.

Besides, certain things must occur before the day of the Lord which is the day of the second coming.

1 Now, brethren, concerning the COMING OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST and our GATHERING TOGETHER TO HIM, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the DAY OF CHRIST had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for THAT DAY WILL NOT COME UNLESS the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

2018/3/4 8:58Profile

Re:

I could go to the signs of Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 and see that the birth pangs are increasing in frequency. But if I were to speak of the increase of drought, famine, plague, earthquakes, etc. This forum would argue that we have always had such since the beginning of creation.

If I were to tell you that persecution of believers has increased significantly in recent years. That in just about every nation on earth believers are coming under some form of persecution for following Jesus. This forum would still cry out we have always had persecution.

Let us be honest with ourselves. There are many in this forum and in the American Church who do not believe that Jesus will soon return. But when he does it will be too late.

Jesus said that only a few will enter through the narrow way. That many will choose to go the broadway. And I fear that many in the broadway will be many professing evangelical believers who say either Jesus will not return. Or will simply say that His return is a figment of one's imagination.

Though I do not hold you a pre-trib rapture. At least those believers who hold to such do acknowledge the soon return of Jesus Christ. That is more than I can say for most professing evangelocal believers. Even The Seventh-Day Adventist will attach more credence to the soon return of Jesus the many Christians.

Again. One wonders?

BB

2018/3/4 12:39
docs

Re: You are broadbrushing again

Most if not every Christian I know are aware of these signs you point to. And are aware that persecution has increased. Again you denounce this forum as if you know right exactly where everyone is at and exactly what they believe. What is the church doing right? Do you have any words of edification and thankfulness or will the church, God's people, continue to be your favorite whipping boy? Come on bear.

2018/3/4 14:13Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy