SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Have we become so immune???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Cryinthenite writrs...

~~~~~~~

The only thing a Christ follower should do is pray.......and forgive.Its called the way of the cross. Any time I get caught up in outrage the Lord smites my heart with shame. We are to be known by our love, for one another, for the lost, for our enemies. When I was an enemy Jesus died for me.

~~~~~~~

This saint hits the nail on the head. Only by being in the prayer closet can we keep our hearts protected and not grow callison against the ever-increasing disasters that are coming up on the nation and the world.

Prayer has to be our strategy. Only through prayer can we keep our hearts tender and united to to God's heart. Only through prayer can we keep our hearts from going numb to the ever-increasing tragedies that are going to occur in our land.

It is only through prayer that I'm able to read the persecution reports and pray for our persecuted brethren in foreign nations.

We must not grow callus and numb at the ever-increasing tragedies that are going to come up on this nation. For people's lives are surely going to be affected. We must pray that hearts will hear the Gospel of Jesus.

Blaine

2018/2/18 14:51
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

So, who here would be willing to offer this young man a cup of water in Jesus name?

2018/2/18 15:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: David

Brother David, It would be hard for me to answer that truthfully, since I didn’t lose a child at the school. It’s easy for some folks, even Christians to give hypothetical answers to hypothetical questions, just not easy for me.

2018/2/18 15:35Profile
docs

Re:

Bearmaster,

It's through prayer also that we can our hearts tender and in check so as to avoid becoming so aggravated in the flesh that we throw blanket condemnation toward others in a wholesale fashion when they don't do things or react to things the way we think they should. I'm not trying to be a thorn but go back now and read your original post.

I haven't met a Christian yet who was unmoved or callous to the events in Fla. Our entire congregation took time in the service this morning to fervently pray for those people and their families and we have been praying even before the serviced this morning. I don't know these Christians who are supposedly unmoved just because they haven't posted about it.

2018/2/18 15:49Profile

Re:

David Sermonindex is simply a microcosm of the American church. Sermonindex does not want to hear about suffering and tragedy . The American church does not want to hear about suffering or tragedy. I believe this comes from a weak preaching of the cross of Christ. We want the benefits of the cross but we do not want the demands of the cross.

It is a blessing that your church prayed for those who were impacted by the tragedy in Florida. But I dare say that many Evangelical churches have tuned this tragedy out. Maybe they've offered a five minute prayer to sooth their conscience.

But the state of the church in America is one of us being in Disneyland. Keeping the dark World outside our church doors. But going for the entertainment that will satisfy our flesh.

This is supposed to be a website, a forum dedicated a christ-centered revival. If anything the tragedy in Florida as well as the ones I mentioned in the eclipse the thread call for us to be on our faces before God. Crying for his Mercy to be up on the church in America.

Simply my thoughts.

Blaine

2018/2/18 16:08
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Mr. Bear

“The American church does not want to hear about suffering or tragedy”.

Mr. Bear, do your have some statistics to back up that? Why do you always have to paint with such a broad brush? Why don’t you just come out and say how much you hate the Christians/Church in America, you’ve done everything you can to say this, just go ahead and say it, we will forgive your Ignorance.

2018/2/18 16:22Profile
docs

Re:

/David, Sermonindex is simply a microcosm of the American church. Sermonindex does not want to hear about suffering and tragedy. The American church does not want to hear about suffering and tragedy./

I disagree.

Those are your thoughts bear. I just would encourage you to not throw out such blanket one size fits all condemnation as you do at times good bro. Having a chip on one's shoulder and an axe to grind toward the American church can be the result of your own fleshly aggravation that manifests itself in words of condemnation and guilt rather than godly edifying toward the goal of deeper intercession. No one is against your calling and burden. Just because you don't see it happening as you feel it should happens in most if not all ministries.

Blessings.

2018/2/18 16:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: David

Thanks Brother David, I wish I could have responded with that much grace, but I’m a part of that church that Bear seems to always stereotype, so I guess my flesh gets the best of me at times.

The reason some of us are struggling with our walk with Christ, is because we’re trying to be perfect through our own human efforts, and not allowing the Holy Spirit to work in us.

2018/2/18 16:35Profile

Re:

Brethren if the American church is so perfect then why are there cries for revival going up? Why is brother Edgar Reich hosting a conference call that cries out for revival Monday nights? Why are there saints on that call who are repenting of the worldliness that is in the American Church? For that matter why this website that is devoted to Christ centered Revival? Why is Greg getting together a revival conference in southern California? Why are the persecuted praying for us that we will come to a reality of Christ in our churches? Why is the persecuted church praying for us that we will be awakened to the soon-coming persecution that will be up on our land?

I respectfully suggest that sone are in a bubble and do not see the reality of the weakness or the workdliness in the American Church?

Blaine

2018/2/18 19:00

Re:

We have had prophetic warnings from men such as David Wilkerson, Paul Washer, A W Tozer and others. Yet even in this forum these men have been scorned for their warnings.

I can imagine a scenario when soon Christians will be rounded up and taken to FEMA death camps. I can hear the wailing of many who will say why were we not warned of this? Why did God not tell us this would happen?

His answer will be I sent you David Wilkerson. I sent you Paul Washer. I sent you A W Tozer. But you did not listen to them. I gave you the Bible particularly the New Testament. But you did not read it and heed its warnings.

We cannot blame God for what is soon going to come upon the church in America. God has warned us. We simply did not listen. Thus it will be upon us for what is going to soon happen. For judgment will surely begin at the household of God.

Blaine

2018/2/18 19:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy