Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Raising hands in worship

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re:

I lift my hands in surrender,submittion,and like a wave offering I bring nothing but my heart of obedience and reverence to you O’Lord.

2018/2/14 21:01Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Todd, it sounds like you've found a good church. Praise God for that.

I have struggled with the same thing at times. I have to keep reminding myself not to care what man thinks.

Would it be fair to say that when we lift our hearts to God, our hands will follow suit?

2018/2/14 21:51Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Indeed they should.

2018/2/14 22:01Profile
wijnand

Re: Raising hands in worship

I raise my hands during some times of prayer and signing. I do it not based on emotion, but on praise/worship. So when there is some praise/worship in my singing or praying that I lift my hands.

Why?
1) It's a biblical way to add praise to the Lord
2) I believe that a healthy person is a person where spirit and body function together
3) The Lord wants to be worshiped with our mind, soul but also our strength (body). You see that also in Romans 12:1 -> to surrender your BODY to the Lord

I believe that we should notice that the extreme seperation of soul and body that we have today, is not biblical. I am not saying that you should lift your hands, and I do not condemn anyone in this, but I long for myself (I have a long way to go) and for others to serve the Lord with everything we have and are. Our money, our time, our body, our spirit, our mind... all for the Lord!

2018/2/15 2:58Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Just a few verses of lifting our hands unto the Lord. We don't have to be at church during praise and worship to do this, at home when I'm listening to praise and worship music, I worship Him!! (edit)I didn't see Mike's post on the first page, I wasn't trying to overrun him (Sorry Mike))(/edit)

Psalm 63:4 - Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.

Psalm 134:2 - Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord.

Psalm 28:2 - Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.

Nehemiah 8:6 - And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

Psalm 141:2 - Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Lamentations 2:19 - Arise, cry out in the night: in the beginning of the watches pour out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord: lift up thy hands toward him for the life of thy young children, that faint for hunger in the top of every street.

Lamentations 3:41 - Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens.

1 Timothy 2:8 - I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Hebrews 12:12 - Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

2018/2/15 13:04Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Lysa do you think the verses in regard to lifting hands is tantamount to a command that we do so?

2018/2/15 15:09Profile
Theophila

Right next to the sound of a child's laughter, [on my list of 10 most beautiful sights and sounds], is the sight of a man unashamedly lifting their hands in worship.

Just sayin'

2018/2/15 17:33Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Quote:
by TMK
Lysa do you think the verses in regard to lifting hands is tantamount to a command that we do so?

Absolutely not! Because of 1 Tim 2:8 says, "I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting."

It needs to be like Paul said (and it applies to this imho), "Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind...."

A church can mandate it and then there will be those who do it, still doubting it's doing any good and being mad about having to do it!! So what good would it do, just another man-made law on top of all the others!

God bless,
Lisa

2018/2/15 19:38Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

For those of us that love the Lord, his praise should be continuously on our lips. We raise our hearts, our eyes, an our hands to to the Lord. This should never become a religious ritual, or done out of obligation, but it should be natural and spontaneous, an expression of love, worship, and gratitude to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

https://youtu.be/vdjV6Tt7oyM

2018/2/16 6:59Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

When Leah brought forth Judah, it says she 'praised' (yadah} the Lord.Gen 29:35 This word speaks of raising or extending the hands in praise. It is also used in the Psalms in some places translated praise.

Rusty

2018/3/7 15:33Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy