SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The Price of God's Miracle Working Power

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
JesusIsLife

The Price of God's Miracle Working Power

THE PRICE OF GOD’S MIRACLE-WORKING POWER

You want to see the lame walk—the blind see—and the deaf hear? You want your days of powerless ministry to end? You want to unlock the how and why God grants power to do mighty signs and wonders? Do you wonder why so many have asked and so few have received the gift of healing and working of miracles?

It is time to peel back misconceptions. It is time to be brutally honest. We have been able to create mind-bending technological breakthroughs. We can now do in an instant what previously took decades…but we will never find a shortcut to supernatural power.

The Holy Spirit’s work never changes. His process of taking raw material and making a living breathing conduit of His power has never changed. In 2,000 years, it has not been shortened or compromised one iota.

If you seek glamour and riches skip this message. If you are dazzled by people you have seen powerfully used, save us both time—do not seek this power—you have no heart for it.

A young man—enthralled by the power he witnessed—ran up to Smith Wigglesworth and begged for the gift. Smith said, “you don’t want it. Before God is through with you, you will feel as if a thousand switch trains have run over you.” Before God uses you greatly He will wound you deeply.

You still yearn to be used? You still want power—real power and not the fluff of so many hyper-emotional meetings today? Then proceed with caution.

The reason for our lack of power and miracles is plain—we are just not willing to pay the price. If you are willing, the Holy Spirit will take you through the process to power. Here then is the price of God’s miracle working power:

It all begins with self-emptying. Listen to E. M. Bounds: “The preacher must throw himself–with all the abandon of a perfect, self-emptying faith and a self-consuming zeal–into his work for the salvation of men. The men who take hold of and shape a generation for God must be hearty, heroic, compassionate, and fearless martyrs.”

A.W. Tozer said they would, “serve God and mankind from motives too high to be understood by the rank and file of religious retainers who today shuttle in and out of the sanctuary. They will make no decisions out of fear, take no course out of a desire to please, accept no service for financial considerations, perform no religious act out of mere custom; nor will they allow themselves to be influenced by the love of publicity or the desire for reputation.”

Oral Roberts despaired of life itself in his hunger to understand miracles. He was pastoring without power when he went to Kansas City to hear William Branham. That encounter with the supernatural was his line in the sand. He went into fasting and prayer. Oral went into the prayer closet and died.

In her desperation to understand the supernatural, Kathryn Kuhlman visited several healing meetings. She often left disgusted and broken-hearted. Her tears and prayers reached critical mass and she made a holy vow to conduct meetings that were full of power and dignity.

She never looked back. Kathryn traced the moment of her power. She said, “I died.” From that moment on, there was no Kathryn Kuhlman, only an utterly devoted shell.

Compassion: Oral Roberts, T.L. Osborn, Charles S. Price and Aimee MacPherson all reported being overcome by compassion for the sick. Their level of caring rose to divine heights. They agonized for the lost, the sick, and the dying. Matthew 14: 14 “And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick.” Such compassion cannot be faked. It emanates from Christ Himself.

Hatred for sickness and evil: Few understand how the anointing is a product of hatred. Hebrews 1: 9 says: “You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

Alexander Dowie saw miracles after a plague struck his church in Sydney Australia killing 40 of his members. An inner rage transformed him until he called out to God with a pure heart and was rewarded with so much power that it left his entire congregation free of plague.

John G. Lake saw his wife die and it unlocked a fury against evil that swept the world with healing.

Power always has a purpose. Luke 4: 17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written: 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; 19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”

The most powerful part of those verses is this phrase: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because.” Your “because” ruins you for all other plans, purposes, and goals. You must surrender to the one thing you are assigned to do. You must be able to list your purpose, articulate it simply and clearly and execute it with extreme focus.

Every vessel of God has one life message. It is an outstanding theme of their life and a distillation of all that the Holy Spirit has ever had them say. T.L. Osborn’s life reached millions and said something astonishing, and what it said is something that he never compromised or changed.

God is giving you power to do one special work. You cannot deviate from that divine intention. It will be a true work of God.

Wait. Acts 1: 4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father…This is the key! Abraham could not wait. King Saul could not wait. Esau could not wait.

How long will you have to wait? AS LONG AS IT TAKES. All the powers of hell will challenge your decision to wait. Satan has too much to lose if true healing power flows. It will not come easily. Your flesh will scream for release from your vigil.

Wait for true miracle power. Do not settle for the life you had before this quest. Your patience will be rewarded beyond measure. He will come in power. There will be no doubt.

Mario Murillo, November 24, 2017

2018/2/14 11:27Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: The Price of God's Miracle Working Power

Quote:
by JesusIsLife
The reason for our lack of power and miracles is plain—we are just not willing to pay the price. If you are willing, the Holy Spirit will take you through the process to power.

Yes and another reason is as Hebrews 3:19, So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
3:7, Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, today, if you will hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the day of rebellion.

2018/2/14 17:36Profile
CalvaryCom

greater NYC area

William Branham was a CULT LEADER. Branhamites are still around today. I have encountered them firsthand. Kathryn Kuhlman was a phony. Dr. Kurt W. Koch investigated both Branham and Kuhlman, and found they both came up short. He said ALL of the "healings" that he reviewed after Kuhlman meetings were false. Her biographer Jamie Buckingham wrote, "She loved her expensive clothes, precious jewels, luxury hotels, and first class travel." Ex-Jesuit Alberto Rivera claimed she was a Vatican plant into the charismatic world. Before you dismiss that allegation I can show you two photos of her meeting with popes. Of pope Paul VI whom she met in 1972 she said, "I sensed an immediate kinship, a oneness of spirit with him." I bet she did!

https://goo.gl/images/9BGUqe

John G. Lake was phony also. These things are all well-documented and proven long ago.

Oral Roberts went way off track and became a lover of filthy lucre as well. Remember that infamous moment in 1987 when he told his television viewers that "God will call me home if you do not help me to raise 8 million dollars within the next three months!"

A. W. Tozer was a genuine man of God, but he was an author and lecturer, and made no claim to miraculous power that he could wield at will.

Back to Dr. Kurt W. Koch: he visited the KwaSizabantu Mission in South Africa in 1978 and was amazed at the GENUINE revival that had been going on there for twelve years with so many examples of genuine healing and salvation. He wrote a 300 page volume called GOD AMONG THE ZUUS. This is legitimate.

Examine all "fruit" and test the spirits, to see if they be of God.

2018/2/16 7:04Profile
JesusIsLife

Re:

I am aware of some of what you brought up. I agree that some of them got way off base and became delusional or proud or conceited, whatever, etc.

But at the same time, I would argue there is also a positive common theme across their lives and that is the personal hunger and desire to go deeper with God and to actually see His power at work instead of just talking about it.

You do know that God uses imperfect vessels to accomplish his will, yes? Writing every single messenger of God who desires to see the supernatural off as a phony or fake is a trick of the Devil to keep the world in darkness, and to keep the Church from having any real power.

Right now the world looks at the Church and screams "There's a crisis! We have no answer for this problem!" And the Church screams back "We have doctrine for you, we have words for you, we have prayer meetings, etc., but we do not have any real supernatural power, even though by claim, Christianity is a religion of power.

I wonder how many generations it is going to take until the Church of Jesus Christ won't settle with just a wise, pursuasive words gospel.

2018/2/16 10:30Profile
CalvaryCom

greater NYC area

Re:

As you know, no servant is above his Master. Looking to Jesus' example during His earthly ministry, Mark 6:5,6 tells us, "And He could there do no mighty work, save that He laid His hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. And He marveled because of their unbelief."

In this age where unbelief is rampant how can you expect large scale miracles? "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

We may very well be the generation that will see the events of Revelation fulfilled. There may not be another generation. The last days apostasy was prophesied of long ago. Hold fast to your crown. We may be nearer to the finish line than you think.

We're called to preach the Gospel. Signs and wonders follow us; we do not follow them.

2018/2/16 16:18Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

When Jesus performed miracles, healed and drove out demons and the apostled did the same so are we.

It is not an option, it is a command:

[Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.]

There is the real deal and there are charlatans, and some mentioned in the list have a dubious legacy at best.

Doctrine alone does not save, there must be accopanying Holy Spirit power to witness the truth. The message must be in the first place, not the signs or power or it will corrupt us.

I pray that I will see the day when this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed again in power.

In the last day lying signs and wonders are in the increase. We should not cringe before false manifestations.
May our sticks thrown to the ground swallow up the snakes from Jannes and Jambres offspring.

2018/2/17 10:51Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Quote:
by CalvaryCom
As you know, no servant is above his Master. Looking to Jesus' example during His earthly ministry, Mark 6:5,6 tells us, "And He could there do no mighty work, save that He laid His hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. And He marveled because of their unbelief."

Please read the rest of that chapter ... Verse 6 and on.... "And He was going around the villages teaching. 7 And He *summoned the twelve and began to send them out in pairs, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits;"
And, "12 They went out and [k]preached that men should repent. 13 And they were casting out many demons and were anointing with oil many sick people and healing them."

Quote:
by CalvaryCom
We're called to preach the Gospel. Signs and wonders follow us; we do not follow them.

This is so true!! Just like Mark said God confirms HIS WORD in us!

God bless,
Lisa

2018/2/17 13:12Profile
CalvaryCom

greater NYC area

Re:

Just to be clear - I received the baptism of the Holy Spirit (with the initial evidence of glossolalia) in March, 1993, and other gifts of the Spirit have evidenced themselves as I have continued walking with our Lord in subsequent years. There are many miraculous things that I have seen and experienced at home and abroad on the mission field. Conversely, I have seen a lot of lying signs and wonders, as well as mixture and divided hearts, and am very careful with such. There are many tares among the wheat, many charlatans among the believers who would exploit the church to gain position and money, and some of those whom I cited in my first post on this thread are examples of such.

Many people have seen miracles and have remained unregenerate in heart. We see this in the Scriptures, and I have seen it in the present day as well. The miracle of a genuine conversion, of a changed heart, a new nature in Christ, is the most precious to me. Sure, I'm as excited about seeing the Lord move mountains as the next person, but He does those things sovereignly and in His own time.

Kind regards in Christ Jesus,

Alec

2018/2/23 7:02Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Quote:
by CalvaryCom
Many people have seen miracles and have remained unregenerate in heart. We see this in the Scriptures, and I have seen it in the present day as well. The miracle of a genuine conversion, of a changed heart, a new nature in Christ, is the most precious to me.

Sadly, I believe this is because the left out the message of repentance, "“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins..." Acts 2:38

My pastor from years ago always said, "It doesn't matter how high you fly in Spirit, what matters is how you walk when your feet hit the ground."

I agree with you about the tares and I would like to hear about your stories from the mission field! The good, the bad and the ugly!

God bless,
Lisa

2018/2/23 13:00Profile
JesusIsLife

Re:

That is some really good stuff, and I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Believe me, I am not one of those believers who chases fads or gets "caught up" in the Bethels or IHOPs of the world...

I guess I just read through the article and was more focused or challenged on the "principle" of giving everything up to follow Christ versus the examples of the actual people referenced in the Mario's blog post.

The last thing we need is more imitators...good grief.

However, I will say that the powerlessness and impotence of today's Christian church has to be tied to our infatuation w/the world, it's seduction and distraction...

Leonard Ravenhill preached a message about Samson and the Philistines perpetually asking him "What is the secret of your great strength?" Which is clearly not a question the world is asking the church right now.

Something about the anointing on Samson's life went beyond powerpoints and sermons and good stories.

2018/2/23 15:48Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy