SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : How Yahweh was different than other Gods, The Many Christs we have today

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

How Yahweh was different than other Gods, The Many Christs we have today

I have been trying to learn Ancient Egyptian Hierogliphics and Ancient Hebrew before Paolo Hebrew, my language learning is terrible, and found it interesting that the first God that God destroyed in Egypt was the Nile God according to ancient egypian myths it was the Nile God that created all the other Gods .
What I found interesting is that you read any near eastern ancient texts and you find the God of the bible is vastly different compared to the brutal Gods of that time in such writings as the code of hammarabi
There has been a common thing in Christendom to state that because there is similarity that means that the Christians borrowed the creation story from the egyptians or the story of jospeh from the egyptians that is completly wrong as the first thing God destroys is the God of the Nile who is the creator God according to egypgians myths
Today we have so many Jesus ,reading the book hijacking the historical jesus details all the different jesus of today
People say Jesus is so loving which is he , we are going to have to deal with a real Jesus one day .
Like the Israelites we cannot make a golden calf and call it Yahweh. We cannot do the same with Jesus !

2018/2/11 16:16Profile
dohzman

Re: How Yahweh was different than other Gods, The Many Christs we have today

I think western churches make Jesus out to be more like Santa Clause, than God as we see in the book of Revelation. Just my opinion.

2018/2/12 22:29Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy