SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of God'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Fletcher-

You have given me much food for chewing. Love when that happens!

2018/2/11 14:56Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: dohzman

Firstly,
-------

This is a genuine question:

What is the doctrine of Sinless Perfection?

I am no good with doctrines. I just study the Bible.

Secondly,
--------

Do we fix our eyes on self or on Christ?

Heb. 12:2 -- fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith

Ps. 25:15 –
My eyes are continually toward the LORD,
For He will pluck my feet out of the net.

John 1:29 – (((((Behold))))), the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

2 Cor. 3:18 - But we all, with unveiled face, (((((beholding))))) as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Thirdly,
---------

Are we qualified to examine God’s workmanship?

Eph. 2:10 -- For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Isa. 55: 8-9 –
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts.”

Isa. 42:16 –
“And I will lead the blind by a way they do not know,
In paths they do not know I will guide them.
I will make darkness into light before them
And rugged places into plains.
These are the things I will do,
And I will not leave them undone.”

Prov. 3:5-7 –-
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes……

Add:

1 Cor. 1:30-31 -- But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD."

2018/2/11 19:22Profile
dohzman

Re: Jade

thank you for the scripture. they were encouraging. In the context of communion self evaluation may be the wrong way to express what I wrote. David said search me o God and see if there be any wicked way in me. In that context is how I understand 1Cor 11 I see it strongly played out in my personal hidden walk of faith as well as how I handle my interactions with the Body of Christ the individual members who make up that local body of believers

That was what I was getting at. Hope that makes it clear for you

2018/2/11 22:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Speaking of the Flu, it's terrible! I just read where a young Texas mother/school teacher passed from flu complications after reportedly deciding that the $116 medication to treat the virus was too costly. It goes on to say, that her husband picked up the drugs himself after finding out she skipped on them, but it was too late and she ended up in the intensive care unit at a hospital on Friday, and she passed on Sunday. Gloria Copeland says.. "ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of God" this can be very confusing for some, and could cause harm to high risk folks. Personally, I'm torn in what she said, but we will never know how many lives were saved either way, this country really needs our prayers over this Flu, it's taken even the healthiest out.

2018/2/12 10:22Profile
dohzman

Re:

You are spot on MrBill, it is so hard to determine where a person is spiritually. Some teachings are best to be given in such away that there is space for The Holy Spirit to bring to light certain graces like being willing to die instead of taking certain medications. The WOF doctrines aren’t all bad in themselves but they tend to remove The Sovereignty of God in a matter from the equation with blanket type teachings that guilt some into following, which in essence becomes like the teaching of the Law of Moses. I believe somethings need to be grown into,if that makes sense.?

2018/2/12 13:32Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

I hear you Mr. Bill,... it’s a conundrum for sure-
Honestly I don’t remember the flu ever really killing healthy people, especially not in such vast numbers, when I was growing up??

Seems like every year a “new” virus shows up, kills lots of people then disappears without any cures being found, only to be followed the next year by another.... 🧐
Zika,West nile,swine flu, Ebola, etc etc....
I mean where do these things come from and then disappear to?

2018/2/12 13:32Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I recently saw a fascinating PBS show about the flu epidemic of 1917. People came into hospitals sick in the morning and were dead in the afternoon from literally drowning in fluid.

However because of the outbreak my great grandfather who was slated to head to the French front in WW1 was instead quarantined in Chicago- so perhaps his life was spared thereby allowing me to type this!

It wreaked it’s havoc for several months then quickly went away.

Who knows.

In the meantime, avoid all people at all cost.

2018/2/12 16:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy