SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of God'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of God'

At a loss here, just don't know what to think, I do know the Flu shot has been controversial for a long time, but I do believe in "some" medicine.

Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of God.

A Texas-based evangelist with ties to President Donald Trump came under fire this week after video re-surfaced of her telling followers that they don't need to get a flu shot because "Jesus himself gave us the flu shot."

Gloria Copeland, a member of the president's faith advisory council, posted the video last Wednesday, but it began to gain traction this week after a number watch groups re-posted it on social-media channels.

"Listen, partners, we don't have a flu season," Copeland, 75, said in a Facebook video posted Jan. 31. "We've got a duck season, a deer season, but we don't have a flu season."

"And don't receive it when somebody threatens you with, 'Everybody is getting the flu,'" she added. "We've already had our shot. He bore our sicknesses and carried our diseases. That's what we stand on."

A devastating flu outbreak has killed dozens since October. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said at least 14,676 people have been hospitalized with influenza since the flu season began in October, double the number from all of last year and the highest ever recorded. The agency urges those who haven't been vaccinated to get a flu shot.

At least 53 children have died from the flu this season, including 16 just last week, according to the CDC.

Why this year's flu season is so bad and what you can do about it

Deadly flu outbreak shows no sign of easing up

Copeland, a co-founder the Fort Worth, Texas-based Kenneth Copeland Ministries, went on to pray for those who were already displaying flu-like symptoms, telling them to protect themselves by declaring "I'll never have the flu."

"That's great -- that's the way it's supposed to be," she continued. "Just keep saying that 'I'll never have the flu. I'll never have the flu.' Inoculate yourself with the word of God. Flu, I bind you off the people in the name of Jesus. Jesus himself gave us the flu shot. He redeemed us from the curse of flu."

2018/2/7 11:47Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of

Why not get the flu shot AND pray against it?

A guy I work with got the shot (he was line right in front of me) and he was sick as dog for about 10 days with flu.

Of course we have no way of knowing how many have not become sick (or only get slightly sick) because of the flu shot.

2018/2/7 12:20Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of

Here's what she said if you want to watch the video, it's 1:45 long... Copy and paste this in youtube's search bar: pvoKMgHca0k

I do NOT watch Gloria or Kenneth Copeland but the premise 'inoculate yourself with the word of God' is not a false statement.

It's up to each individual whether they get a flu shot or not, I haven't had one in years but I also make my own deodorant and charcoal toothpaste too (for cents on the $)!! LOL You can wonder why I do that as well! :)

But God is good and I believe inoculating ourselves with the Word of God works wonders and miracles!

2018/2/7 12:53Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The Word of God is life and
medicine to your flesh.

Proverbs 4:20 My son, give attention to my words;
Incline your ear to my sayings.
21Do not let them depart from your eyes;
Keep them in the midst of your heart;
22For they are life to those who find them,
And health (medicine) to all their flesh.

“He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions.” (Psalm 107:20).

2018/2/7 15:01Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

I wouldn't quite call her a "Trump adviser." She was one person on the president's faith advisory council. This is a very loose definition of "adviser."

Of course, she is also made a career as a name-it claim-it prosperity preacher. I used to sit back and shake my head at the TV and radio preachers who say that it isn't God's will for you to ever be in need who then turn around and virtually beg for donations for their own ministries' needs.

As for the flu shot: I wonder if she has ever taken any other "earthly" preventive steps for her health or finances. If her "faith" lead her to buy health insurance, life insurance or invest money in the hope of a return during retirement, then I suspect that her faith shouldn't have a problem with a vaccine.

2018/2/7 15:53Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Christopher

I agree! That’s scary Gloria Copeland “Trump advisor”. The Copeland’s are the WOF gurus, it’s sad, but I can’t stand to hear either one of their voices, both of them are loud mouth prideful people.

2018/2/7 17:20Profile
dohzman

Re: Mr Bill

That’s prideful, WOF loudmouths WITH a multimillion dollar private jet🙃

2018/2/7 22:50Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

If Gloria Copeland really has the faith she thinks she does she should go into a leper colony and touch lepers like Jesus did

2018/2/9 12:50Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Don't these prosperity preachers understand that God can use sickness for His glory? One of my pastors was accidentally exposed to toxic mold and had respiratory problems for years. When he asked God in exasperation "Is this REALLY necessary?!" God answered "Yes!"

2018/2/9 12:57Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Drifter

"If Gloria Copeland really has the faith she thinks she does she should go into a leper colony and touch lepers like Jesus did"

Haven't you ever wondered why all the pastors that claim they can heal, can only do it in their church or a congratulation, to be shown on TV? Why don't they step out and into a hospital and start healing all the folks at the hospitals, especially the little children. You think maybe they loose their healing powers beyond the building walls?

2018/2/9 13:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy