SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Cell Phone Screen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Cell Phone Screen

I feel led to share an experience I had back on November 26, 2017. If you recall, this date followed Thanksgiving day earlier in the previous week.

The day before Thanksgiving, our children came home - two families on that day and another a day later. When they came they brought in their baggage, luggage - and there was a lot of it for a total of 10 people who would be sleeping here. (Two grands slept at my niece's house a mile away.) So, there was a lot of stuff, a lot of it. During all this moving in I was careful with my smart phone, it being an iPhone and they are not cheap.

On Thanksgiving morning I saw a crack/break on my phone screen. It went across the bottom to the left side at an angle. I was concerned, asked people if anyone knows what happened to break this screen? No one knew or cared, either, for that matter. But I did. Now that meant a trip to the city to get it replaced. SIGH. My husband saw this crack, our son Wendell showed me his phone screen and how it was broke and it still worked...but mine remained broke, still.

On Sunday Morning Wendell's were the last of our family to leave for home, leaving a bit before 9. Since we had company since Wednesday we decided to stay home and sleep - we were tired, not being used to have this many people under foot this long - not complaining but it does weary 70 somethings.

After Wendell's left I got in my recliner, got myself comfortable, put my cell hone on my lap in case anyone calls I would have it close without looking or it too much. Then I slept hard, a very restful sleep - slept for a couple hours. I woke up, kicked down the footrest and BINGO! my phone slid off my lap onto the floor! I picked it up and my screen was absolutely perfect! No crack, no break! But the break was there before I went to sleep...Hmmmm- how did it get replaced? Only one answer - it was God! There exists no other explanation.

I did not share this story with anyone other then my husband and then I texted my children asking them if they know anything about my screen being fixed and they knew nothing....this reaffirmed to me the screen was broke when I sat down to nap.

I have pondered this incident for some time: why? I did not pray for it - why should I? The screen can be replaced. Why would God fix a phone screen and me not even think about asking him to do so?

In answer to my questions, I concluded God used this to demonstrate to me that he is working in ways I do not imagine or am aware of and without me praying for it. Since this is the case He wants me to walk close to him and let him take care of things that trouble me because I have little clue how he wants to repair/fix things.

Weeks passed and finally I started sharing with others what happened. I knew there would be disbelief in many, unanswered questions in all which gave me pause in sharing this story. But I finally did share it publicly.

I told our daughter-in-law what happened and she shared this with her family of five children, the oldest being 16 years old. Now yesterday I got a letter from the 16 year old and this is what she said:

"Hey that story you told Mom about your phone was AWESOME! And to think you didn't even pray about it! I don't think I'd 've thought to pray about it...what breaks, breaks, you know! All I know now is that God must really Love to do the "Impossible"!"

"One night Mom went to check the water softener and something was not right. I'm not sure on the water softener details, but Mom said that she prayed, "God, if you can fix grandma's phone you can fix this!" Guess what! that next morning when she checked it again, it was good/fixed! "Faith booster - right there!" said she."

Yes, that is what it did, boosts one's faith that God is in total control. And do we understand the concept of "TOTAL"?

God bless.

Sandra Miller

2018/2/7 10:49Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Cell Phone Screen

Great story- I bet you prayed afterwards!

I have heard quite a few stories like this- mostly in regard to praying over vehicles that are broken down. I have a friend who is quite an expert at it.

I heard one story about a group of guys during the Jesus Movement who were trying to get to some ministry event- they may have been the worship band (can't remember) but they ran out of gas in a remote place. They put water into the tank praying that God would turn it into gas and lo and behold it worked.

Obviously these anecdotal stories are always open to cynicism. However, in these scenarios when something breaks down it is shameful that we neglect to turn to God FIRST. I am horribly guilty of forgetting all about God in these situations.

2018/2/7 12:28Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Todd,

Did I pray? Well....what I did is pray, "why, God, did yo do that and I never asked you to; I never prayed about it." Such was my prayer for several weeks and all I heard was silence. I concluded God is not obligated to answer my questions - much like he didn't when he took our 25 YO daughter home who was a mom to two little ones. Just trust Him. (God did not answer all of Job's questions, either.)

And you know what? we have been taught that if you want something from God you have to pray for it and not until then can you expect an answer. Obviously, God is a WHOLE lot bigger then we perceive Him to be. He sees things we do not and since this is the case it makes me wonder what our prayers sound like to Him?

Yes, I am learning something about the nature of God that was not part of my understanding of how he works. I am learning this must be the norm rather then the exception.

What do you think?

Sandra

2018/2/7 14:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

God has answered many "un-prayed" prayers in my life. Many many many. He loves me so He does this in spite of myself.

We know what our children need before they ask- so does our Father in heaven.

2018/2/7 16:37Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

"We know what our children need before they ask- so does our Father in heaven."

True. And sometimes we need to be reminded of this truth.

Sandra

2018/2/7 17:55Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Todd

Quote:
Todd said..."Obviously these anecdotal stories are always open to cynicism".

I'm not to cynical about anything folks tell me God did in their lives. If you told me you went to heaven and back, and had a conversation with some relatives or Jesus, well now, that's different. :-)

2018/2/7 19:26Profile
dohzman

Re: Cell Phone Screen

Wonderful,wonderful,wonderful! God bless bro dmiller

2018/2/7 20:41Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by ginnyrose
Obviously, God is a WHOLE lot bigger then we perceive Him to be. He sees things we do not ....

Amen, Sister Sandra, amen!! Thank you for sharing this, it is a testament!

2018/2/7 22:06Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Years ago, on my home from work, getting home to get my homework for bible college, I was driving about 45mph, 3 lane boulevard when a woman and her daughter were driving opposite direction, she pulled cross-traffic directly in front of me, I swerved as hard as I could to avoid T-boning the daughter, my motorcycle caught the front bumper of her car...instead of me going down hard, flying over the handlebars, steering into another car, the bumper ripped off and bent 90 deg straight forward, I pulled over with no problem, talked with the woman making sure she and her daughter were ok. She had no insurance...so I said ok well we'll just let it go.
I drove home on my bike, the damage was about 90.00 to fix it.

I have always known that was a God-deliverance for me. That situation could have gone bad in a dozen ways...But I walked away without a scratch on me. Praise the Lord.

2018/2/8 22:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy