SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : It will rage against the coming of the light!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
appolus

It will rage against the coming of the light!

It's not good enough to come to the cross, one must come to the cross and die. The ultimate offense of the cross is death. Jesus said that whoever seeks to save his life would lose it, but whoever loses his life for the sake of Christ would gain everlasting life. In Roman times, the one thing you knew if you saw a man with a cross was that the man was surely going to die and the dying would not be easy.

The message of the cross remains the same " I bid you to come and die." You cannot accept the benefits of the cross while refusing to die. In order to live eternally one has to die. It is a very rare thing to hear this message today. The message for the last few decades typically begins with "All you have to do." This is not the gospel. See Jesus in the garden and see the agony. For us mere mortals the flesh will not go quietly into that good night, it will rage against the coming of the light.

It will demand to remain in the darkness and there it will make its stand. Salvation is a brutal bloody thing and the flesh must be found dead upon the brazen altar. It is the work of the cross that slays it and today Satan is still selling that old lie "surely you will not die." Bow down and worship me, he says, and you will not need to die upon a cross. Will you die that you may live or will you live this day and bow down to the world. It must be one or the other. Cheap grace has given the illusion that there is a middle ground, there is not..............bro Frank

2018/2/6 11:25Profile
davidkeel

From Liverpool but now in West Sussex, England

Re: It will rage against the coming of the light!

I agree with that Frank. Too often we are led out of this world in repentance by the Lord only to never fully repent or experience the loss of the things of this world and the life we once had with friends relatives etc because of this repentance.
It's the greatest thing in the world to truly die to our old ways and our old self as it's replaced with the True love of Christ for us and a much closer relationship with Him.

2018/2/6 12:55Profile
appolus

Re:

David writes.............

"It's the greatest thing in the world to truly die to our old ways and our old self as it's replaced with the True love of Christ for us and a much closer relationship with Him."

Amen brother...............bro Frank

2018/2/6 15:08Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: It will rage against the coming of the light!

Quote:
Will you die that you may live or will you live this day and bow down to the world. It must be one or the other. Cheap grace has given the illusion that there is a middle ground, there is not

We've been praying that this message of dying to sin and self would be proclaimed again in the pulpits of America.

Jesus died for sin and He conquered on the cross, that work is His alone and that message is proclaimed and thank God that it is.

But Jesus also died unto sin and in that the Christian must have fellowship with Him. I have been crucified, I am dead. The great mark of Jesus is His death, even in heaven He is worshipped as the Lamb that was slain. He died, and His Bride must enter into that same state.

In Christ,

2018/2/7 18:17Profile
appolus

Re:

Ron writes...........

"We've been praying that this message of dying to sin and self would be proclaimed again in the pulpits of America."

Amen............bro Frank

2018/2/8 0:53Profile
davidkeel

From Liverpool but now in West Sussex, England

Re:

Revelation 3:19-22
[19]As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.
[20]Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

I believe the Lord starts to knock on our door and when young in the Lord it awakens us up to show us that we may not be doing things right regarding our attitude. He continues knocking asking for a bit more of our heart and mind. He continues to knock asking us to repent of our habitual sin. We protest that it isn't possible for us to change. Yet He doesn't listen to that in my own experience and keeps on knocking and doesn't give up waiting for us to overcome.

[21]To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
[22]“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’ ”

2018/2/8 6:43Profile
appolus

Re:

Amen David, overcoming is a vital part of who we are in Christ. We are not, as is commonly suggested, simply sinners saved by grace. In Christ we are overcomers, in Christ we are victorious, in Him we have the victory, not just theologically but actually. If the world looks at us and sees people just like them who claim to be different because they have a get out of jail card and not because they are actually different, then the world is looking at a lie. We are new creatures in Christ and therefore behold all things are new. Our life in Christ should be self apparent to the world first and foremost because we are different and we no longer lead the life we led. Our very lives should be a witness to the Truth..............bro Frank

2018/2/8 10:33Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: It's not good enough to come to the cross, one must come to the cross and die.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me Gal 2:20

It's not enough to die at the cross; you must accept the exchange that happens at the cross, if we want to see an end time army of over-comers, if we want to be a part of that end time over-coming army then we must come to the cross and exchange our lives for his..

The exchange at the cross is like a grafting. We were once unholy branches but now we have been grafted into Christ - God’s holy root Romans 11 16-21. Jesus said, “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing John 15:5

Hudson Taylor, missionary to China, wrote of this divine exchange, “The Lord Jesus tells me I am a branch. I am part of Him and I have just to believe and act upon it. I have seen it long enough in the Bible but I believe it now as a living reality. In a word, ‘whereas once I was blind, now I see.’ I am dead and buried with Christ - aye, and risen too and ascended; and now Christ lives in me. I now believe I am dead to sin. God reckons me so and tells me to reckon myself so. Oh, the joy of seeing this truth: I pray that the eyes of your understanding may be enlightened, that you may know and enjoy the riches freely given us in Christ.”

2018/2/11 9:29Profile
appolus

Re:

Amen Colin! Picking up that cross daily is as is suggests, a daily thing. We must indeed reckon upon these truths that we are indeed dead to sin and alive in Christ..........bro Frank

2018/2/11 15:07Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy