SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : alone christian....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
roadsign

Re:

This is too funny.... no self-righteous cynicism here, right?!
... Maybe a safety valve for our overloaded minds - you know, all that toxic societal clutter.

2018/1/28 12:10Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Surely he must be referring to the apostolic Roman Catholic Church right? Not the rebellious off branches of Luther?

Im speaking facetiously here to point out that such a claim is ridiculous and will bring up a million questions that prove the shallowness of such an idea.

2018/1/28 14:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Mr. Ray

I failed that test miserably! But I did listen to Charles Stanley this morning, he had a great sermon.

2018/1/28 14:33Profile
savannah

Re: test

Hey Mr Bill,

Glad to hear that you listened to a sermon this morning!

But isn't Charlie a Baptist?

I think you might have to be a Baptist to go to Heaven.

If you don't go to a Baptist church, you may be going to hell.

You, Mr. Bill are halfway there. You may not have gone to the Baptist church, but at least you listened to a Baptist sermon.

BTW - I noticed that you addressed me as Ray. For the future, remember, it's Mr Ray to you - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018/1/28 19:46Profile
dohzman

Re:

You guys are crazy! But in a good way, btw I didn’t take the test because I thought it was a trick to get my personal information, like spam or something. Blessings dmiller

2018/1/28 21:01Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
I didn’t take the test because I thought it was a trick to get my personal information, like spam or something.

.... said by either someone wisely caution or a nutty conspiracy theorist.

How doe we tell the difference?

2018/1/29 8:09Profile
havok20x

Re:

Those poor believers in Somalia, North Korea, China, Afghanistan, Eritrea--places in the world where believers do not live close enough one to another to even have a church--they must not have made the spiritual cut, I guess.

2018/1/29 9:13Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
savannah...BTW - I noticed that you addressed me as Ray. For the future, remember, it's Mr Ray to you.

Correction made sir! :)

2018/1/29 10:09Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//Those poor believers in Somalia, North Korea, China, Afghanistan, Eritrea--places in the world where believers do not live close enough one to another to even have a church--they must not have made the spiritual cut, I guess.//

To be entirely fair, it would seem the original quote is not addressing this scenario.

He is pointing to a problem (rather crassly I admit) of people who claim to be Christians but have no desire to attend church. I am sure the persecuted saints in the countries you note would love to attend church with other believers if they were able.

If we are 100% honest we would see that, at minimum, a person who claims to be a Christian but refuses to go to church of some sort if he is able is exhibiting “red flag” behavior.

Again I am speaking in generalities but I could rattle off multiple names of people I know who would claim to be a Christian but have no interest in attending church, reading a Bible, praying etc.

The purpose of the quote is to shock people to do a quick assessment, obviously. But it is no stronger than things Ravenhill or Tozer have said.

2018/1/29 12:30Profile
havok20x

Re:

I think the problem is a combination of medium by which they choose to express themselves, the utter lack of context, and the lack of clarity in distinguishing what it means to go to hell and what it means to go to heaven.

I get that people claiming to be believers and refusing to attend fellowships are acting in disobedience. But I have obstinately refused to do what I knew what was right for a season, but that didn't mean I was going to hell.

The thing that draws me back is never the threat of condemnation, but the love of Christ for me. His mercy, His love, His correction, and the loving influence of other believers brought me back.

However, there are times to be hard. That being said, we just need to practice discernment. Maybe the brother who posted on facebook did it under the influence of the Holy Spirit, but it strikes me as a side-line attack directed toward someone on social media, without engaging them directly.

2018/1/29 13:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy