SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Facing criticism from my fellowship

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Facing criticism from my fellowship

Hi folks, I am currently facing criticism from within the fellowship I am leading. Somebody raises concerns regarding my character and style of leadership.

I know that we must face these things.

There is a process described in 1 Timothy 5:19-21 which I would submit myself to and I suggested to that person to initiate it.

Does anyone of you know some good teaching on this subject?

2018/1/22 17:24Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Facing criticism from my fellowship

Hi Narrow: The information you've given is too vague to direct you in any specifics. If you have a confidant on this website you might explain the details so prayer and good counsel could be given. As-is, without explanation there is no way to properly speak to you. If you are culpable or if you are innocent, if the persons raising the accusation are accurate, motivated properly and much more.

You might get many responses, but without a sit down with people who know you personally, and know the situation and understand the ground upon which the criticism is made, what you will get here is a shotgun counsel, where we just shoot in there air hoping to get something.

You will need quality counsel for something like this, I would forego this venue and get godly counsel from other leaders who know you and your ministry...if possible.

2018/1/22 18:46Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hi Marvin,
It would not be appropriate to discuss details here on SI. I am just looking for resources on this subject.

2018/1/23 2:28Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Facing criticism from my fellowship

Quote:
by narrowpath
Hi folks, I am currently facing criticism from within the fellowship I am leading. Somebody raises concerns regarding my character and style of leadership.

No matter what anyone thinks of Carter Conlon, this sermon will go down in history! It's from when Carter first started preaching at Times Square, in the 1990's; how wolves gossip and plant seeds of doubt in other peoples mind concerning the leadership instead of taking it to them, one on one.

Wolves by Carter Conlon

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2158&commentView=itemComments

God bless,
Lisa

2018/1/23 5:27Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hi Lysa, thanks for your reply. I will check it out.

2018/1/23 5:45Profile
havok20x

Re:

narrowpath,

I definitely don't want to sound trite, so please take this as a good starting place.

I would examine Matthew 18. Obey the commands given therein. You may be a leader in the church, but that doesn't exempt you from these commands. I would go that direction first.

Secondly, I would also examine Titus chapter 1. There is a certain fire that you will need when dealing with people stirring up trouble. Titus 1 lays a good foundation for a framework of thinking regarding those who are causing serious issues.

Thirdly, I am going to tell this saying to you that has completely changed the way I think regarding these types of things:

Often times our judgment of matters is a double standard--we judge ourselves by our motives, but we judge others by there actions.

Lastly, remember what Peter said in 1 Peter 4:8 (who was actually quoting a portion of a proverb): "Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins"

2018/1/23 7:41Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy