SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Vulnerability, Transparency, Embracing the Pain, Family

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Caleb4life

Minnesota

Vulnerability, Transparency, Embracing the Pain, Family

Dear precious saints,

I just got done meeting in person with two other brothers this morning, and wanted to encourage you all to do whatever it takes to stay connected with other genuine believers, even in small numbers, in this hour.

I, for one, spend a majority of my waking hours each day interacting with a screen. I'm sure that is the case for many of us (especially those of us whose jobs require it).

And I know I'm preaching to the choir when I encourage that face-to-face interaction with others, but wow, this morning was such a tangible reminder to me of the power of simply being in the presence of other seekers of Christ Jesus, no matter how broken and messed up we are.

The Body of Christ truly is a gift from God on this earth!

Let us therefore "move out" from behind our screens and spend a little time in the presence of others, even if it's just to meet someone new, and love them right where they are at (with no agenda, but to love them!).

At the very least, call that person that has been on your mind and heart lately, and tell them you love them, even if you cannot get together in person for coffee or lunch.

With sincere love for the community of saints here on SI,

Caleb

2018/1/18 9:02Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Vulnerability, Transparency, Embracing the Pain, Family

Thanks Caleb!

We all need a reminder now and then :)

2018/1/18 9:18Profile

:)

Amen!

2018/1/18 10:17
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Vulnerability, Transparency, Embracing the Pain, Family

So true, Caleb. Most of us are online junkies. Satan preys on our adamic desire wanting to know everything and eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

It is a world of illusion. I feel entangled and sucked into it. I only know very few saints who are completely offline.

Wait and see, I believe one day they will cut off the internet for Christians. Until then we should have learned to fellowship offline..

2018/1/18 14:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy