SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : spiritual life

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

spiritual life

"Living on earth is truly a misery. The more a man desires spiritual life, the more bitter the present becomes to him, because he understands better and sees more clearly the defects, the corruption of human nature."

2018/1/12 14:55
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: spiritual life

Sister,

There is truth in that quote and there is also a balance. An old puritan said once that this life is the believers hell. Meaning the worst we will receive is the miseries and problems of this life. As we will soon be in heaven and all sorrow and misery will flee away.

There is inner joy in the Holy Spirit we receive when we are walking in obedience to God's will and relationship with Jesus Christ. Even the worst situations in this earth we still can have inner peace and joy. Our struggle against sin is also real as that quote mentions and we should not learn to accept our sins but despise them and see them as a torturer. Their only remedy is the cross of Christ and mortification by the Spirit of God.

Receiving the Holy Spirit can give us victory over our sins. This is part of the provision of the life of Christ through the cross. Defeat and continual sin is not our requirement as there is provision for victory as gradual even as it seems.

2018/1/12 15:28Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Sister: so many of my reformed friends live in that quote.
But, its only a half-truth of the Christian life. A half-truth is dangerous...even when we confess our sins, know we are unable to save ourselves...it's still a deficient message.

I suggest listening to the whole message given by an outstanding minister of grace.

Available to God Major Ian thomas
A grain of wheat "" ""
An exchanged life. ""
A word of reconciliation, participation and emancipation.

His profound and balanced teaching will move you and me on from dwelling in the revelation of our failure and teach us to dwell upon the victorious Christ living in us every moment.

2018/1/12 22:37Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"""dwell upon the victorious Christ living in us every moment. """

The most glorious words I have seen written in a long time.
Christ truly is our hope of Glory, by Paul' mystery of Christ in you. Paul' gospel Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God: for if righteousness comes by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

We in Him are the new building, a new creation race of God' children.

Ephesians 2:21-22 In whom all the building fitly framed together grows unto a holy temple in the Lord: In whom you also are built together for a habitation of God through the Spirit.

This must be our rejoicing; Colossians 1:24-29 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Of which I am made a minister, according to the commission of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God; Even the mystery which has been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: For which I also labor, striving according to his working, who works in me mightily.

May God richly bless you Marvin in Christ Amen.
Thank you for the greatest words ever spoken: "In Christ".

In Christ Phillip

2018/1/13 2:56Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

The blessing is that we can take on the divine nature through the rebirth. We don't have to walk according to the human nature with its lusts and sin. We have been made free from that through Jesus Christ. Living on Earth can then become a joy in which we walk in His victory and shine His light to a wicked and perverse generation around us.

2018/1/13 5:39Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy