Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Colin Urquhart

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wijnand

Colin Urquhart

Does anyone know this man and his ministry? I see a quote from him on sermonindex, but I have never heard of him. On the internet I saw that someone said he was a 'word of faith' teacher, but I can't hear that in the sermons that I listened from him.

Anybody more information?

2018/1/11 4:57Profile
davidkeel

From Liverpool but now in West Sussex, England

Re: Colin Urquhart

I was part of his church in Horsham, England. I moved there as the church was very godly and vibrant. Though it was a long distance from where I lived. He's definitely not a Word Of Faith preacher as some are in the habit of naming and claiming things out of a selfish heart.. He was part of a revival in the town of Luton. Where many received healing and I think a book was written on the subject.

I believe his ministry started in the Church Of England.

He is definitely someone who speaks about godliness in our lives. And following the Lord with the whole heart.

After the events in Luton he moved to West Sussex and started a small church. Then a Bible college.
Out of this started a much bigger church called Kingdom Faith Church in Horsham. One of the biggest in England I think.
They started to have a Christian Camp which still meets each year called Faith Camp. I think they get several thousand people for the week. But he's determined for the Lord to have the glory through his ministry.

I went there because the churches in my own town never spoke about repentance anymore and I found there was a lot of spiritually nature people there.

The church is run by his son now but he still preaches in the church and abroad.

2018/1/11 6:45Profile
davidkeel

Ive just found this. :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Urquhart

2018/1/11 6:56Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

I was greatly influcenced by his ministry in my early Christian days in back in the eighties. I once heard him speaking and he prophesied about particular sins in the congregation and localized the area in the audience where these individuals sat.

I read a number of his books. He was very knowledgable in the ministry Holy Spirit, a bit like Derek Prince.

Our church used to be an old fashioned Baptist church in Germany and it was transformed under his ministry resulting in a spiritual awakening. Recently I asked one of the older elders how the change happened. They told me that they went to a week long retreat in the UK and were particularily impressed by the grace the kitchen workers treated each other. That was their proof of authenticity!

Many came to faith in the Lord and went into missions in my church. 5 years later it was all over. I do not know where he stands now, but I am forever indebted for his influence on us.

<edited some mistakes>

2018/1/11 9:11Profile
davidkeel

Re:

Thats a good testimony or two NarrowPath.

Thanks for sharing that.

2018/1/11 11:52Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

I have a book by Colin on my bookshelf, been there for years and I've not read it. Now, it goes on the reading list.

2018/1/11 18:31Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy