SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : stranger / angel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

stranger / angel

What is the meaning of Hebrews 13:2 "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."? Is it so that an angel can be disguised as a human???

2018/1/10 17:59
TMK

NC, USA

Re: stranger / angel

I believe it is referring back to the episode of Abraham and the three visitors which is exceedingly mysterious, at least to me.

2018/1/10 18:56Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: stranger / angel

Yes, I believe angels can be in human disguise; it's perfectly biblical.

Years ago my father lived in Gibson's Landing (in Canada) and he was heavily addicted to heroin. He was alone in a house he was staying in, and one day (he was completely sober that day) two men knocked on his door. He had never met them before. They told him about Jesus and prayed with him. After a while, he showed them to the door and said goodbye. He closed the door, but he remembered he forgot to ask them their names while he talked with them. He quickly opened the door again, and they were gone. He said there was no way they could have disappeared that fast. He believed two angels met him that day.

2018/1/10 20:07Profile

all human beings are angels

"Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’"

This verse just came into my mind, thus I think answered my question about Hebrews 13:2 verse...

~ I guess, all human beings are angels, because how we treat others are the way we treat God...

2018/1/12 14:57
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: all human beings are angels

Quote:
Nigel said...."Yes, I believe angels can be in human disguise; it's perfectly biblical".

I can assure you this is true, as I've personally had one experience in my life that this person that approached me was an angel, I have no doubt.

2018/1/12 16:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy