Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : JESUS CHRIST IS GOD

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ArthurRosh

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD

MIGHTY GOD

Isaiah 9:6
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

TRUE GOD

1 John 5:19-21
We know that we are of God, and that the whole world is under the power of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true — in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. Little children, keep yourselves from idols.

GREAT GOD

Titus 2:11-13
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men. It instructs us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live sensible, upright, and godly lives in the present age, as we await the blessed hope and glorious appearance of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

LIVING GOD

1 Timothy 4:10
To this end we labor and strive, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

GOD OVER ALL

Romans 9:1-5
I speak the truth in Christ; I am not lying, as confirmed by my conscience in the Holy Spirit. I have deep sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my own flesh and blood, the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory and the covenants; theirs the giving of the Law, the temple worship, and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them proceeds the human descent of Christ, who is God over all, forever worthy of praise! Amen.

MY GOD

John 20:28
Thomas replied, My Lord and my God!

OUR GOD 

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours.

THE CHURCH OF GOD

Acts 20:28
Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood.

JESUS CHRIST IS THE CREATOR

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:9-10
The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.

Colossians 1:16
For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him.

LOVE

1 John 4:7-8
Beloved, let us love one another, because love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 Corinthians 13
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways. Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we will see face to face. Now I know in part; then I will know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.

HOLINESS

There is perfect peace in the soul when all controversy with God has ceased. There is a great deal of joy and often periods of heavenly rapture. A simple, constant trust in God with regard to the expectation of great spiritual wonders and blessings. A perfect and hearty agreement with the will of God as to all we must do or bear. Great tenderness of heart towards God and man, with watchful eagerness to serve both to the uttermost. An all-absorbing devotion to the love and service of God, destroying all interest in worldly pleasure and ambition. A special and complete victory over every sinful besetment, passion, or habit which has been a cause of sin before, and perfect deliverance from the besetment itself.

2017/12/17 15:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy