SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Secret Of Effective Service by DeVern Fromke

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Ron, have you read any of DeVern Fromke's books such as "No Other Foundation, "Unto Full Statrure", and "Ultimate Intention"?

Yes, I have read those mentioned, and a few others. Ultimate Intention in particular was eye-opening for me, I read it as a fairly new believer, maybe 2 years old in Christ and was very deeply impressed by it, have read it a few times since.

He has a wonderful way of getting down deep behind things in the spiritual realm, "ultimate" things. It is my understanding that he was involved in some ministry with T.A. Sparks who also had a wonderful deep insight into the Christ life and the practical outworking in the church.

We are blessed to count them among our teachers.

In Christ,

2017/12/22 20:54Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Ron,

DeVern Fromke, T. Austin Sparks, and Stephen Kaung, were some of the main speakers in conferences that were held in Maryland in the 60’s. I met Brother Fromke at a conference that was held at Richmond Virginia in the 90’s. He went to be with the Lord last year. Brother Fromke was greatly influenced by both Brother Sparks and Watchman Nee.

Excerpts from “The Ultimate Intention” (1) – by Devern Fromke
“I believe the hour has come when God is initiating another major recovery. This time it is not just a truth, but the restoration of something so imperative that it will give the ultimate perspective to all truth.” (Preface, pg.9)

“Believers may not often realize it, but even as believers we are either centered in man, or centered in God. There is no alternative. Either God is the center of our universe and we have become rightly adjusted to Him, or we have made ourselves the center and are attempting to make all else orbit around us and for us. When the truth dawns, we are amazed to discover how the snare of making all things to revolve around man has been the bane of most of our preaching and teaching. This is true even of the area of teaching which is considered to be of the deeper life emphasis. As long as men are victims of this wrong philosophy and approach to truth, they cannot avoid reckoning from a self-center. When the center is wrong, then everything in our reckoning is wrong.” (Preface, pg.10)

2017/12/22 21:37Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Quote:

Excerpts from “The Ultimate Intention” (1) – by Devern Fromke
“I believe the hour has come when God is initiating another major recovery. This time it is not just a truth, but the restoration of something so imperative that it will give the ultimate perspective to all truth.” (Preface, pg.9)

“Believers may not often realize it, but even as believers we are either centered in man, or centered in God. There is no alternative. Either God is the center of our universe and we have become rightly adjusted to Him, or we have made ourselves the center and are attempting to make all else orbit around us and for us. When the truth dawns, we are amazed to discover how the snare of making all things to revolve around man has been the bane of most of our preaching and teaching. This is true even of the area of teaching which is considered to be of the deeper life emphasis. As long as men are victims of this wrong philosophy and approach to truth, they cannot avoid reckoning from a self-center. When the center is wrong, then everything in our reckoning is wrong.” (Preface, pg.10)

Wonderfully said...and prophetically right on target with aspects of Christianity today.

2017/12/22 22:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy