Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God Uses Other People - Watchman Nee

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 God Uses Other People - Watchman Nee

Rise and enter into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. Acts 9.6.

What the Lord meant by this was: I will not tell you what you are to do, but somebody else will do so. The Lord used someone else to tell Paul. This is a revelation of the body of Christ. On the first day of Paul’s salvation, the Lord revealed to him the law or principle of the body.

Though Paul is to be a vessel mightily used by the Lord, the Lord nevertheless uses other people to help him. Hence let us never think we do not need to depend on others as though we are to get everything directly from God alone.

True, this is not meant to teach us to follow other people blindly, but it does admonish us not to entertain such a lofty attitude wherein we believe we by ourselves may receive the word of the Lord and solve all problems singlehandedly.

2017/12/9 6:48Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: God Uses Other People - Watchman Nee

Great post Brother Greg

Though Paul is to be a vessel mightily used by the Lord, the Lord nevertheless uses other people to help him. Hence let us never think we do not need to depend on others as though we are to get everything directly from God alone

An elder taught me many years ago:
"We are all dumb sheep.. the Lord JESUS was portrayed in a picture as a shepherd with a crook.. He pulls us back when we stray.. If the enemy can get a weak sheep alone he has us.. We need each other to help one another. We ARE all in a battle and we are not fighting people.. its the enemy using people.... I am blessed to have brothers and sisters who I get and give counsel from..and to be accountable to in ministry..
May we all remember that lone rangers dont make it.. and thats what the enemy wants...
Blessings
Sister Frannie

2017/12/14 20:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy