SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : My house shall be called a house of prayer - Watchman Nee

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 My house shall be called a house of prayer - Watchman Nee

And he saith unto them, It is written, My house shall be called a house of prayer. Matthew 21.13.

When we talk about the prayer of the church we are no less concerned with private prayer nor sense any less the importance of personal prayer. Yet let us see that it is a rule in the kingdom of God that what one person is unable to do in certain respects is to be done through mutual and corporate help. Especially in the matter of prayer, there is the need for mutuality.

All who follow the Lord closely frequently see the need of praying with other believers.

At times they feel the inadequacy of their own prayer. Particularly in praying for such a colossal subject as the kingdom of God, it requires the strength of the whole church. “My house,” says the Lord, “shall be called a house of prayer” (Matt. 21.13). To this we may add, “whose house are we” (Heb 3.6).

2017/12/7 6:46Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: My house shall be called a house of prayer - Watchman Nee

Brother Greg
I love Watchman Nee.. (:

All who follow the Lord closely frequently see the need of praying with other believers.
If we can have people to pray about anything we are truly Blessed..
we must pray without ceasing
1 Thess 5:1717 Pray without ceasing.
Blessings
Sister Frannie

2017/12/14 21:00Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: My house shall be called a house of prayer - Watchman Nee

How many churches do you know of that put prayer as a high priority?

I have heard of pastors that made the comment "we are too busy to pray." So they assign prayer to the old folks that cannot do much of anything else.

Jesus said that His House "shall be called the house of prayer."

Jesus taught us to pray "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done".

God will not do anything on earth unless the Church prays. It is not because He can't do it, but He has chosen not to do it without the saints. The saints are to find out what the will of God is and pray that will down into the earth. The prayers of the saints can hasten the coming of the Lord.

2017/12/15 22:15Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

There is a wonderful sermon "My house shall be called a house of prayer", preached by Jim Cymbala.

2017/12/16 14:34Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy