SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : New Video Layout on SermonIndex Suggestions?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 New Video Layout on SermonIndex Suggestions?

Saints,

It was brought to my attention that certain videos were not working any more on SermonIndex, as the embed codes for youtube were old and outdated and would not display the video.

This has spurned me onto a project I have been wanting to do is to re-do the video section and add some functions such as a embedable player and download links for videos, etc.

Are there any features other then these that you would like to see. Here is an example page with only the new video player, it is HTML5 player so should work on mobile, ipads and computers.

Please do verify it works and any suggestions or improvements. I believe this is an important step as the youtube channel was almost permanently deleted last year and to have all the content downloadable and available will benefit the saints more.

example new HTML5 player: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=4383

2017/11/28 21:15Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: New Video Layout on SermonIndex Suggestions?

Brother Greg, very nice, I like the way that HTML5 player worked. If you open it up in IE, you can right click on it and save the video, but it wouldn't work that way in Chrome. Sorry, I just retried it in Chrome, and it did allow you to right click and download.

2017/11/28 21:34Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

Just to update you that we have finished much of the update for the video section: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=4395

Note: Many videos are still not working and we are still working through these ones to fix them.

There are new:

- Social sharing links
- Embed Code to add the video to your site
- Direct download link of the .mp4 video

2017/11/30 20:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy