SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Kings and the Great Harlot by Anton Bosch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Bro. Frank: I rejected pretrib rapture about 35 years ago. I recognized within that doctrine what was its real aim...Depict Jesus as a God that will not permit the American's to suffer. It stank like a skunk then and it does now.

When I was a young believer my faith and trust in American government and society were foundational in my upbringing. Since my reading of scripture I found out this is a false hope. The current state of affairs only validates in principles what the scriptures declared in truth.

By the way I listened to Anton Bosch preach on youtube this morning 'laying hold or laying down'. What a tremendous word given by the man.

The key phrase as you put it is the clincher and I noted that emphasis should be laid upon the vanity of having such a false hope.

Thanks for the clarifications.

2017/11/30 16:27Profile

Re:

Amen bro Marvin, we gathered together for a few days a couple of years ago and brother Anton was part of our number. He was a quiet and reflective man of God.........bro Frank

2017/11/30 19:43
AntonBosch

Re:

Dear Brother Marvin, Bro Frank has basically expressed my heart on this so forgive me if i don't repeat it all except that the operative phrase is "and hoped in them". I believe we are free to express out preferences for anything of this world, but if our confidence is in those things, we have of necessity not put our faith in Christ alone.
My concern is that many believers are looking to the government, rather than the Lord Jesus for their help. I also enjoy the liberties we have in the USA, but the effectiveness of the Church's witness is not determined by religious liberties (or their absence) but by the anointing of the Holy Spirit alone.
With Humility, Anton.

2017/12/1 14:44Profile
AntonBosch

Re:

Note that these quotes are from an different article I wrote in 2007, long before Mr Trump came on the political scene.
Anton

2017/12/1 14:48Profile
AntonBosch

Re:

With reference to "proudpapa" and the JW's and other cults who stay away form politics: The definition in my mind of daughters of the Harlot is not restricted only to their involvement with the kings of the earth even though that seems to be one of the most visible attributes. But the daughters proceed from the Mother of Harlots. In that light it is important to note that all cults find their spiritual origin in organized religion and not in Christ.
That does not mean I am against all "formal" churches since I myself am part of a "formal" local church. But our Spiritual roots and foundations and future must be in Christ alone.
With humility
Anton

2017/12/1 15:00Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Amen Amen and Amen Brother Anton; Thanks for responding.

I am fed and challenged by your teachings on Youtube as well as articles from you posted here.

We are in agreement and in Christ together for his glory.

2017/12/1 15:36Profile
savannah

Re: Trump 2007

Greetings Anton,

You wrote,

"Note that these quotes are from an different article I wrote in 2007, long before Mr Trump came on the political scene.
Anton"

If, as you insist, not only in the article from 2007 as well as this one Greg posted, that the political scene nor politicians, whether Trump or any other, have nought to do with the Kingdom of God, what difference does it make what year you wrote the article, or who 'came on the political scene'.

Those quotes stand alone as matter of fact. You have stated such in a clear and unambiguous manner.

I am glad that you have come on the scene here on SI to answer for yourself. In many cases with articles which are posted, such an opportunity is not afforded to those who post replies to hear from the author himself.

Thanks for obliging me...

2017/12/1 22:25Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Anton,

Thank you for graciously answering my question.

2017/12/1 23:28Profile
Claire2

Canada

Re:

As I am also from another country it is easy to be able to hear/read and fully acknowledge what Anton says as valid concerning the church getting into bed with politicians and politics.

For years I have sat back scratching my head as to why so much store was put in politicians by the church.
I was not brought up or taught that church and state are or should be interactive with each other in my country.

In my understanding they are polar opposite of each other. My son who was eager to join politics as a young 19 year old started his degree program in Political Science,and as the 4 years progressed he came to us and said he just would never be able to enter politics. I asked why? He said he just could never lie to himself, his constituents, and he just couldn't consciously be aggressive enough to climb on top of people to get to the top in the manner it is done to succeed. My son , whom has not maintained his Christian beliefs, but has maintained a sense of right and wrong shed a huge light on the inner workings of politics for me. His words stuck deeply with me. He has finished his degree now and is looking into other options for employment.
It was not until I came across Dominion Theology, in the light of the Pentecostal view and the Fundamentalist view that it became clear as to why they are correlated so closely.
When I read this article it was as if all the pieces of the puzzle were put together.

I agree with you bro Frank Freedom in Christ is indeed greater than any freedom here on earth and it reminds me of Paul sitting in chains locked up and yet free in spirit. I think that is the epitome of freedom in Christ.

Claire

2017/12/7 13:18Profile

Re:

Dear sister Clair. Paul and Silas sitting in the deepest dungeon in stocks after having been scourged and singing praises to God in the midnight hour is one of my life scriptures for indeed it does speak about the freedom that I understood and experience in the Lord Jesus. Dominionism is a great error and appeals to those who like power. God bless you sister and may your son return to the fold from which he has strayed, I am pretty sure he has a praying mother.......bro Frank

2017/12/7 19:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy