SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : head covering

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

head covering

I'm considering to head cover because I am persuaded and inspired by sisters in Christ and even Brother Greg has a book about head covering. But I just wonder why the wives of famous sound doctrine preachers of today do not practice head covering, are they not suppose pioneering it?....

2017/11/20 0:50
TMK

NC, USA

Re: head covering

It doesn’t matter what anyone else does Evangeline. If you feel God wants you to use a head covering then do so.

2017/11/20 7:06Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It doesn’t matter what anyone else does Evangeline. If you feel God wants you to use a head covering then do so.

Sister,

I do agree with Todd's advice. It seems that something like this in the body of Christ needs to be done by conviction and spiritual inspiration and not the letter of the law (as some would call it). I personally have seen sisters who wear coverings out of a deep reverence for God and respect of His Word and it has always born life and a witness of the Lord. I have been in some places where you knew people "had" to wear a headcovering and some people were obviously doing it without any conviction at all. It still can be good in that situation but overall it matters much more and is a true witness if done by leading of the Holy Spirit.

God is with you.

2017/11/20 7:20Profile
savannah

Re: requires

It is either what the Lord requires of you, or it is not.

Now, if it is as many believe, commanded in the Scriptures for women to cover, then any women who do not are in sin.

I don't think it's either or. And you will discern as you read, that it is not either or with those who write on this subject.

Some even go to the extreme and believe that the women who do not cover, or who even trim their hair, are hell-bound. I have personally spoken to some of those who believe this so I am not exaggerating.

"He has told you what is good and what it is the LORD requires of you: to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

2017/11/20 7:52Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

This topic pops up about once a year, it is probably one of the most debated topics here, in fact we just had a blog about this a just a while ago.

It usually evolves into an endless debate that drags on and on. One thing that both pro and con would mostly likely agree on it that we all got a bit weary about it.

Here is one of the more recent ones.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=60195&forum=34&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=54917&forum=40

I am sure there must be some more archived blogs on this topic, perhaps Greg can help?

You can check out Zac Poonen, Denny Kennaston and Watchman Nee http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/neeonheadcovering.htm
on the Pro side and most of the rest of preachers on the Con side.

2017/11/20 13:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Indeed NP it is an exhausting topic.

However, it still seems that if Evangeline feels the Lord is instructing her to cover then she should do so. She shouldn’t be “debated” into or out of it.

2017/11/20 14:15Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Quote:
by emestiu
I'm considering to head cover because I am persuaded and inspired by sisters in Christ and even Brother Greg has a book about head covering. But I just wonder why the wives of famous sound doctrine preachers of today do not practice head covering, are they not suppose pioneering it?....

Do not wonder about other people when you are the one being persuaded.

I've been on this discussion for a while now and I have never been inspired or persuaded (in all these discussions) to show an outward sign of inward submission to my Lord and King. Jesus said if you make the inside of the cup clean, the outside of the cup will automatically come clean. Many, upon many, think they have to show everyone what's happening on the inside

I like what Savannah said, "either it's required of all or required of none." (paraphrased), and I believe it's required of none. Paul said if "if any man seem to be contentious, WE HAVE NO SUCH CUSTOM, neither the churches of God." There is a LOT of contention (on the part of the head covering movement), so I am satisfied that Paul meant what he said, "we have no such custom."

God bless,
Lisa

2017/11/20 14:37Profile

Re:

Agreed. If the sister feels convinced in her own mind to wear the head covering then let her do it. Also I think this issomething that should be done as between them and the Lord. To bring this to the forum will certainly create unnecessary debate.

Can somebody please refresh my memory as to what sermon index is about?

Blaine

2017/11/20 14:38

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy