SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : sport car

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Mark me down for a 1965 Mustang. 289, please. I will do my best to not speed or sin in it.

2017/11/15 23:23Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Sweet. We have two Honda Civics. Not flashy but great reliable cars. Will drive them until they turn into dust or judgment day, whichever comes first.

2017/11/16 7:09Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

HaHaHa! Thought for a minute that this was an automotive forum. Put me down for a 1995 Jeep wrangler that I calculated has cost me about 10 cents per mile in vehicle purchase and modification costs. No air, 4wd, and I LOVE it. Fletcher, is it a scout?

I think Todd is right here. Spirituality is not determined by possessions, and possessions are not necessarily sin. I have a friend with a 5,000 square foot house, two businesses, seven children, who can afford really cool vacations every year. But this man funnels more money into the work of the kingdom of God in a year than I make in a year. He sees it as his ministry calling, and he joyfully goes about giving where few see him doing it.

I heard a story from a minister of a close personal friend of his. This man had a huge horse ranch, hundreds of thousands of dollars of really fine vehicles, boats, UTV's etc. The man lives a pretty opulent lifestyle by anyone's estimation. People sometimes accused him of greed and of being unspiritual for having great wealth. What they did not know that the minister did know was that this man gave to the kingdom of God 90% of every bit of income he had and lived on ten. Yet he was judged harshly by someone who most likely lived on 90% and only gave 10%.

Food for thought.

2017/11/16 11:38Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Travis,

Ha! Good call- yes it is the first year for the scout ll, and while the aforementioned qualities are true, she’s good looking:)
Not easy to drive tho, especially on 9 hr trips with no top to NE Arkansas to visit family-
Ahhh but the memories;)

A good and godly man completely restored it for personal use but ultimately sold it to me 4 yrs ago when they were expanding their auto body shop. He’s an elder in their local assembly and tho he’s “reformed osas” I don’t hold it against him;)

Also heard about the brother who owned catapillar, he too was very wealthy and tithed 90% and still had more than enough to be judged harshly:/

If anyone cares to read there’s a wonderful writing here on SI by Clement about the rich man and heaven.... IMO he does well to fetch out the truth from the scriptures. He’s fun to read by if you like Paul’s wordiness as Clement too is very intelligent and wordy.

2017/11/16 13:19Profile

Re:

I remember hearing a story about a humble country monk who net a high ranking church cardinal. The church cardinal told him that if he ever came to Rome to look him up and he would show him the Vatican. Later the monk found himself in Rome. He did look up the cardinal. The cardinal recognized the monk and took him on a personal tour of the Vatican. As he showed him to treasures of Saint Peter's Chapel the cardinal remarked, "No longer, my brother, will the church have to say silver and gold have I none." To which the monk in his humility replied, "But my brother, can the church say in the name of Jesus Christ rise up and walk?"

Bro Blaine

2017/11/16 13:31
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

I hear ya brother Blaine and your point is well taken... not to derail the thread but given its lightheartedness perhaps it’s ok-

I was wondering why the apostles sometimes healed and sometimes where not able to, or at least it seems that way in certain cases-
For example when Paul wrote about Epaphroditus,... why didn’t Paul just lay hands on him? Especially considering he almost died from his sickness!

2017/11/16 14:52Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear I love that story—it is actually attributed to Thomas Aquinas during a discussion with Pope Innocent II.

2017/11/16 15:15Profile

Re:

"I hear ya brother Blaine and your point is well taken... not to derail the thread but given its lightheartedness perhaps it’s ok-"

Nothing wrong with a little light-heartedness. We need it on this for him from time to time. Just didn't want to take away from the sobriety of what the dear sister was raising in her OP.

Blaine

2017/11/16 15:55

Re:

"Bear I love that story—it is actually attributed to Thomas Aquinas during a discussion with Pope Innocent II."

Even Catholics can communicate truth sometimes.:)

Blaine

2017/11/16 15:56

:)

Maybe I'm being a Pharisee for judging someone to own a sport car that cost a tons of millions of dollars :D

My simple point is, it would be nice to live simple as a Christian...

2017/11/16 16:17

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy