SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : remarriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

2017/11/10 1:51
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Something I read years ago...
and I do agree with!
https://heartholiness.wordpress.com/2010/05/09/what-god%E2%80%99s-word-teaches-about-divorce-and-remarriage-by-missionary-ma-daoud/

2017/11/10 8:09Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Sherri,

Just sent you an email.

God bless you.

2017/11/10 8:34Profile
savannah

Re:MDR LAW

I sure am glad that MA Daoud fellow wasn't my father. And if I were a woman, I'd certainly not want him as a husband. His law goes beyond Christ's, and our Father in heaven.

Even Zac Poonen has grace to offer those who have been remarried.

He writes,

Jesus forbade remarriage after divorce. But He did not tell us what to do about cases where people are already remarried and have children before they are converted. SO such cases must be dealt with individually with compassion, considering the fate of the innocent children. There is no standard answer.
In the Old Testament, divorce was permitted. So that is the standard for those who have not come under
the new covenant (all unbelievers).
Zac

2017/11/10 11:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Savannah, I love the forum, but it’s surely not known for its grace and compassion. I don’t understand this, but I guess if you live a near perfect life, you don’t need to speak much about grace. Some here are very hard people, well I’m going on the words they type, I’m more of a grace and love person, because God has shown me a lot of grace and love in my life. I guess it’s easy to be a Sunday morning armchair pastor on a forum, because no one sees the lifestyle you really lead, well God does.

2017/11/10 12:38Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Lisa asked:
“What about the verses in Deut 24:1-4

Sister,

Before I give you some things to prayerfully ponder and consider on the topic of marriage, its creation, Designer, permanency, and dissolution, etc. I want to mention a couple things and do my best to keep it brief.

This topic is never going to go away and most likely will never be brought into complete agreement amongst professing Christians. It is an issue that I believe is in the top three deceptions plaguing Christianity today and you can be rest assured that God is the One who will bring His bride into full understanding, revelation, and agreement to the seriousness of this issue before He returns.

In answering your question on Deuteronomy 24:1-4 there is a need to understand things before and after this law was written and allowed. When we look at these following verses first we find who the author of marriage is and whether what Moses allowed, and why he allowed it, if it negates what God designed in the beginning and desires for believers today.

Mat 19:3-9 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? (4) And he answered and said unto them, HAVE YOU NOT READ, that HE which made them at the BEGINNING made them male and female, (5) And HE said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall BE one flesh? (6) Wherefore they are no more twain, but ONE flesh. What therefore GOD HATH JOINED together, let NOT MAN put asunder. (7) They say unto him, WHY DID MOSES then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? (8) He saith unto them, Moses BECAUSE OF THE HARDNESS OF YOUR HEARTS suffered (allowed) you to put away your wives: BUT FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS NOT SO. (9) AND I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

If you are led to study this topic in any depth you will find that there were two prevailing schools of thought during the time of Jesus, one was more liberal and the other more conservative, as to the reasons why a man could divorce his wife. This is why when the Pharisees came to Jesus their attempt was to trap Him in siding with either the liberal or conservative sides but Jesus sided with neither.

Moses allowed divorce because of the hardness of mens hearts and was NEVER Gods intention from the beginning. Also in the OT God winked at sin and permitted certain sins that He no longer permits in the NT but commands men everywhere to repent.

This portion in Deuteronomy is addressed by God in Jeremiah 3.

Jeremiah 3:1 THEY SAY, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? BUT thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; YET RETURN AGAIN TO ME, saith the LORD.

It is important to note that “They say” Is not what God says, and as you read through this portion of scripture God is trying to drive home the point of repentance and the word for return, returned, and turn is the Hebrew word Shub H7725 and is used several times in Jeremiah 3 alone. Even though Israel had turned and committed adultery and God gave her a bill of divorcement He said they were still married and He wanted her back in spite of her playing the whore, and her adultery. Read verse 3:1 again.

Jeremiah 3:7-8 And I said after she had done all these things, TURN THOU UNTO ME. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it. (8) And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I HAD PUT HER AWAY, and given her a BILL OF DIVORCE; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

As you read further you will now see Gods true heart not only for Israel but also for His church, families, couples, etc. in the NT that many skip over. You must understand that God desires to see forgiveness, repentance, healing, restoration, and reconciliation.

Jeremiah 3:13-15 Only ACKNOWLEDGE THINE INIQUITY, that thou hast TRANSGRESSED against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed My voice, saith the LORD. (14) TURN, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; FOR I AM MARRIED UNTO YOU: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: (15) And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

We should know that God is not willing that any should perish but that all would come to repentance and that He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked but that they would TURN (Shub) from their sin. And look at the promise in verse 15. When we are broken, contrite, and repentant confessing and forsaking our sin God WILL provide Godly anointed teachers and Pastors to come along side to lead, shepherd, and guide.

The majority of Christianity however does not accept the whole counsel of God and the permanency of the marriage covenant because of the hardness of their hearts (Jesus words). But where do you ever see God siding with the majority anywhere in the bible?

God works with the minority, remnant, and narrow road minded people not the majority. While I have said there are scores of people who are coming to the truth of the permanency of marriage until death they still fall under the minority. I will also say it is the difference between the Many and the Chosen for Many are called, BUT, Few are chosen.

Lisa, I have listed numerous ministries who are holding up and declaring the truth on MDR. The foundation on the truth of marriage is founded upon very simple and clear passages in scripture. If anyone desires to know Gods heart on the matter I would encourage you to start there.

Print them out and you will find that all the clear plain scriptures come into full agreement with one another. THEN, look at the unclear scriptures that appear to contradict the clear scriptures.

God is NOT the author of confusion, God does not change, God does not contradict Himself. Everyone wants to start the hunt on portions such as in Matthew 5 & 19, and Deuteronomy 24 and build a doctrine. That is exactly what I did and that is why it took me three years to come to a divine conclusion as I had fully surrendered and submitted to not doing MY will but Gods.

I had NO preachers sharing the truth with me but the absolute contrary of which were primarily Pastors and leadership within the church. Most people who are coming to the truth on this topic are coming to it in their prayer closets, dreams, night watches, and consciences. God is faithfully coming to His remnant and declaring His heart and truth on what marriage truly is and when He does, He promises to lead us to Godly men who will confirm what the Holy Spirit has been showing.

I know of one Pastor who pastored a church of 400 and God began to deal with him on this very topic. He was so convicted and dared not tell anyone, even his own wife, what God was showing him but he submitted and studied it out for a couple of years. When he finally concluded the truth he then went to his wife and shared with her what God had been showing him and asked her to study and pray.

When she finally came into agreement and saw the truth they then went to the elders in the church and shared and asked them to pray and seek the Lord and His word if these things were so. Amazingly, the elders also concluded that marriage is for life but the real test was yet to follow.

Next, they took it to the church congregation and that church went from 400 to less than 40 before you could blink an eye. The church put the Pastor and elders out.

I need to close and while it is not my desire to bring contention, strife, division, debate, or argument I must be obedient to what God would have me to do.

Lisa, consider reading also the book of Hosea and his marriage to Gomer and if you would like to further study and ponder something outside of the scriptures on Deuteronomy 24 you can go here and follow a Q&A/debate on the topic.

http://cadz.net/deuteronomy-moses/

Dr. Joseph Webb has a number of resources, videos, books, newsletter, etc. He gives a very balanced teaching on this topic. I have met him personally, been to his home, and a number of meetings he has held around the country.
I would encourage you to watch his video teaching series and he will help to bring the Big picture into perspective.

http://cpr-ministries.com/

2017/11/10 15:16Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Savanah wrote:

“Just as the many know not what makes "two...one flesh", or what marriage is, many know not what divorce is or what it does.”

Savanah,

It’s not “What” makes “two….one flesh” but “WHO”. Scripture is plain and clear WHO makes two, one.

Matthew 19:5-6 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? (6) Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore GOD HATH JOINED, let not man put asunder.

MarK 10:7-9 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; (8) And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. (9) What therefore GOD HATH JOINED together, let not man put asunder.

Malachi 2:14-15 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: YET is she thy companion, and the wife of thy COVENANT. (15) AND DID HE NOT MAKE ONE? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

2017/11/10 15:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Good post David, what we all need to do is keep the divorce and remarriage in prospective. Sin is sin is sin, does God actually have a level of sin, like 1-10? If so I’ve never seen it. Yes he says he hates divorce, but my guess is he hates all sin, there will be many, many sinners in Heaven, thanks to his son Jesus Christ. For the record I have no dog in the fight in the divorce and remarriage debate, I was married almost 40 years and my wife passed, and I chose to stay single. What I don’t understand is why is it we show grace for some sins, but not others? People will dig through the scriptures for weeks to find scriptures to condemn divorce and remarriage, but show grace for other certain other sins. It’s a good thing that we go before God on our last day, and not man, if we went before man, Heaven would be empty. I’m not condoning divorce and remarriage, but I’m not condoning any sin. Is there a scripture that says, if you don’t totally abide by every scripture, that you’re bound for hell? Or is there a covering for our sins? Just asking

2017/11/10 16:28Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Sherri, I also sent you an email...hope you will find it.

God's blessings to you as you work through this trying situation.

Sandra

2017/11/10 22:53Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Dfella

I have read this and will respond but it will take time. I have to do a PowerPoint for work this weekend and then present it. It may be Tue or Wed before I can get back to you.

Thank you for understanding,
Lisa

2017/11/11 7:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy