SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : remarriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Maybe I just think a little more logically, but comparing a thief to a marriage someone is bound to, is different in my world. A thief is not bound to stealing, he can quit at anytime without hurting anyone, most likely if he quit he would be helping many he might have stole from. I don't see how any divorce, regardless of how the circumstances were before the marriage helps anyone. What I do believe is, that we humans like to structure scripture to where is tastes best to them, just because it fits best into the lifestyle they live.

If we all would go look in the mirror every morning and say, just look at this old dirty rag, this old sinner, my righteous acts are like filthy rags, even God said.. "Listen to Me, you stubborn-minded, Who are far from righteousness". If we did this every morning, I bet there would be a lot more Jesus talked about around here, and less condemnation type threads. I said this in another thread, When a person can take grace as serious as sin, I personally believe they're on their way to living the life Christ wants us to live.

2017/11/9 10:33Profile

2017/11/9 11:06
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Sherri,

Sound's like you've already made up your mind to leave your current husband. So why the question and why bring up the debate?
But maybe you should discuss with a mature leader in your church as suggested.

2017/11/9 11:18Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Dave, it's call looking for justification, this is the last place I would come to looking for justification, especially when it comes to marriage and divorce. like you said, go to a mature leader of the church, someone that knows you and more about your life. We only know you as Sherri, how can we even begin to judge or minister to someone we don't know anything about? or very little only what you've shared with us. A lot of times the answer is right there in front of us, we just fail to ask God for Wisdom.

2017/11/9 11:25Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

You see you have been given all sorts of advice here.

The guy I shared about earlier who left his wife because of post natal depression had followed a "prophesy" that it was okay to divorce his wife and marry another.

Be careful with man's advice, I will pray for you nonetheless.

2017/11/9 11:35Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Sherri:

Thank you for sharing your testimony I will be praying that the Holy Spirit will continue to lead you and guide you.

Here are several additional ministries committed to upholding Gods word concerning the marriage covenant should anyone so be led or find a need for further counsel from Godly leaders and ministries.

http://cpr-ministries.com/

http://www.praisepowerprayertemplect.org/

http://www.marriagedivorce.com/

https://www.christquestministries.com/

http://cadz.net/

2017/11/9 12:03Profile

Re:

2017/11/9 13:14
browny

Re: True Repentance over divorce, remarriage

Thank you for sharing dear sister...will remember you in my prayers..

2017/11/9 15:56Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: True Repentance over divorce, remarriage

Sherri,

I heard you and wish you well.

To the rest who agree with divorcing your current spouse and going back to the first spouse... can you explain the following verses?.....

What about the verses in Deut 24:1-4

1"When a man takes a wife and marries her, and it happens that she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some indecency in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out from his house,
2 and she leaves his house and goes and becomes another man's wife,
3 and if the latter husband turns against her and writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, or if the latter husband dies who took her to be his wife,
4 then her former husband who sent her away IS NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE HER AGAIN TO BE HIS WIFE SINCE SHE HAS BEEN DEFILED; for that is an abomination before the LORD, and you shall not bring sin on the land which the LORD your God gives you as an inheritance.

2017/11/9 15:56Profile
savannah

Re:

In the thread, "til death do us part" dfella said,

"...marrying and marriage does not make two people one flesh no matter how many timnes they do it."

No,it does not!

According to the Scriptures what does?

What do these 4 Scriptures have in common?

Genesis 2:24
Mathew 19:5
1 Corinthians 6:16
Ephesians 5:31

Just as the many know not what makes "two...one flesh", or what marriage is, many know not what divorce is or what it does.

I'd recommend reading John Owen's article "On Remarriage After Divorce", it explains it well.

2017/11/9 16:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy