SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : remarriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
sherri2

remarriage

2017/11/8 12:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: True Repentance over divorce, remarriage

Sherri-

Read this and see if it addresses your scenario (he lists a bunch of typical scenarios at the end of the article: http://thenarrowpath.com/ta_divorce.php

If it does not address your specific scenario, email Steve directly (there is a link for this on the home page of the site) and explain your scenario and he can provide some guidance.

2017/11/8 13:14Profile
Elibeth

My DEAR Sister,

There are some things that NO ONE can help us with,...and the risk of asking man, for our answers,.....although there 'may be one' out there ,....that 'might' stir us in the right direction,......I might say when we/ you need instruction in something that dire, ...and especially when you may feel like The Lord is dealing with you about this,...then I must say seek His Word,...and Him alone.

(and I am sure that is what you are doing,) ....I would say, ...fast and pray,...get your answers from Him alone.

You already know that I love you,
❤️🙏

---------------
elizabeth

2017/11/8 13:36Profile
MrBillPro

Houston,Texas

Quote:
sherri2...If it's Gods will for me to remain with my second husband, then why do I keep feeling conviction as if I'm sinning?

Maybe because you come here to often and read to many of some of the self righteous posts, and allow them to convict you. Sherri, if GOD is convicting you of this, then keep it in prayer, if MAN is convicting you of this, run from that self righteous person now! Sherri, we ALL are sinners, God knew that from the beginning, that is why he sent his son here to pay ALL of our sin debt. Sherri, you come here asking sinners their opinion of your sin, stick to God with your questions, you don't need any condemnation on top of your personal convictions.

2017/11/8 14:07Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

..and may I add, do not silence the voice of your conscience until you have peace with God and yourself.

Phil 4
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

2017/11/8 17:10Profile
Lysa

East TN (for the time being)

Re:

Quote:
by MrBillPro
Quote:
sherri2...If it's Gods will for me to remain with my second husband, then why do I keep feeling conviction as if I'm sinning?

Maybe because you come here to often and read to many of some of the self righteous posts, and allow them to convict you.

That's EXACTLY what I was going to tell her!!

Sherri,

I have always told the Lord, "If I don't know what to do, I'm not doing anything." And the Holy Spirit has NEVER failed to speak to me when my crooked ways needed straightening, never. So please do not do anything until you hear from God, not what man wants you to do.

God bless you,
Lisa

2017/11/8 17:29Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Sherri:

A few things.
1. What little bit of info you shared here is not enough for anyone to help you properly.
2. Its important to discuss these kinds of things with your pastor and elders so they can advise you, pray for you and love you forward into obedience.
3. Do not pay much heed to "don't listen to man" advice, because the minute you do, you have listened to a man/woman advise you. You came here expecting to be advised on some level and it would be poor counsel to send you out alone without godly men or women to aid you in this life-changing decision.
4. The BIG danger is your own heart, because when the will of God is known...and it will become apparent to you; you will need the faith and courage to obey, that my dear sister is where the real temptation lay. The small danger is the various counsels you can get from various schools of thought on divorce and remarriage. For this reason, this venue is the WORST place to obtain loving, careful counseling that addresses you. Why? Because we cannot discuss in depth here what needs to be addressed in private and with face to face prayer and discernment. (I'm not saying there are no good counselors here, I am saying God will advise you and you will need the face to face witness of others who are godly before taking any step).

So, whether you regard my counsel or not, I do advise you to discuss this "with man", those who are faithful leaders who will care for your soul.

2017/11/8 20:31Profile
Elibeth

Re:

1Jn.2:26-29,

¶ These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

28 ¶ And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

❤️
-------------------
elizabeth

2017/11/8 21:06Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I truly believe the Lord allowed me to feel the same pain, to teach me a huge lesson. I've been asking the Lord to give me His wisdom in this. I keep feeling conviction to separate from my current husband and remain single for the rest of my life. I have no where to go, no education. I would pretty much become homeless, but I really want to obey God. My first husband is still married to his second wife and he is not living for Christ.

If it's Gods will for me to remain with my second husband, then why do I keep feeling conviction as if I'm sinning? I've never been more ashamed of the sin I committed years ago, and I pray you don't look at me with disgust. God knows. He knows. I'm so sorry, so very sorry. I just desire complete restoration and forgiveness. To love Jesus is to obey Him.

You are doing what is right in the tidal wave of other opinions and cultural acceptance including the church you are looking at the teachings of Jesus Christ plainly and being willing to follow them no matter what the cost. You are also being "real" with yourself and the conviction of the Spirit you have felt and continual to feel. Let no man deceive you. Follow in what you know the Spirit is leading you away from sin.

Have you shared your convictions with your current "husband" ?

I will pray for you sister. Only God can help you stand for Him and flee from sin.

Also I would trust the Lord that if you do what is right the Lord will provide for you in all ways including financially.

2017/11/8 21:39Profile
savannah

"...I love the man Im with, and do not want him to be found an adulterer because he married me. I have so many regrets, but I can't change the past. Since the door of sin was opened years ago, the man I'm currently married to has been unfaithful to me twice."

The man you're currently married to is an adulterer already. And it's not because he married you years ago. He "has been unfaithful...twice!"

I have no more to say than that.

I will not advise you regarding any decision. I will just say, do not let your feelings guide your decision. Emotions have taken you to the place you are now.

STOP FEELING SO GUILTY! Because the feeling of guilt will cause you to make another bad decision.

If you've truly and sincerely repented as you say you have, believe God that you are forgiven. Live in that state of mind, and you will be able to pray and hear from God, what that good, pleasing and acceptable will of your Lord is. Amen.

2017/11/8 21:54Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy