SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why isnt there a church to go to? 1 Corinthians 5:11

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Why isnt there a church to go to? 1 Corinthians 5:11

1 Corinthians 5:11King James Version (KJV)

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

At Chucky Cheese or Chilis? Nah

Eat the Bread and drink the Cup? Yes.

So only Babes in Christ are to be tolerated until when? When did Paul tell them to boot out the man who was with his stepmom? Does any church boot out anyone these days?

Looking at the list of bootable reasons how many in any given church that say they are Christians and not a babe
commit these offences?

Didn't Ravenhill say 7% of the church are remnant? Does that sound about right?

Idolotry and covetousness oughta be enough for creating that low percentage.

2017/11/8 12:28Profile
docs

Re: Why isnt there a church to go to? 1 Corinthians 5:11

But what is right about so many churches? In a high percentage of churches these things don't take place and if they did the offenders would be disciplined. Why should the sins of others cause us to turn our backs on God's church? See no man in Christ after the flesh Paul said. We can't afford either to see God's church after the flesh.

Just my thoughts. Be encouraged. What God began in His church He will complete in glory! It's guaranteed.

Blessings.

2017/11/8 13:02Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Corinth was a mess. But the gifts of the Spirit were operated through their assemblies.

Get low. Stay low. Find a few believers in the fellowship. Follow the Lord.

2017/11/8 16:55Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Hi Linda: This sort of thing reeks of pride, (not that I have any) The answer is always and will always remain to lover those who are weak, love and have compassion on those who are poorly trained, have no discipleship, don't know any better than what nonsense they've been given.

If you know the truth, love them into it with sacrifice, acceptance, faith.

I know of where I speak, I know what this feels like and Im telling you any church you join will have a percentage of carnality...and please take this the right way...you will add to that carnality just by showing up.
Is this really about church discipline? Or is this something else? My sister, true spirituality and genuine Christ-likeness confronts in love and with sacrifice.
Do what they cannot, give what they don't know how to give, believe when they cannot believe, listen to God whereas they don't know how. Be to them Christ, let them see him in his glory in you. On judgment day you will not be ashamed for love and sacrifice and prayers and giving...but mere frustration at carnality...I don't see rewards mentioned for that.

2017/11/8 20:47Profile
savannah

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Please...this is not written in some sort of code language!

But He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

2017/11/8 21:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy