Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gethsemane: Please Help

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Friends,

Last Sunday I ministered at a local Baptist Church here in Fredericton and the power of God came heavily, the Spirit quickened the congregation's hearts and the Lord truly visited us that morning.
But for some reason, my dear friends here at SI, my faith is being tested, tried, I'm again struggling to hang on to my faith and this is becoming very difficult. All I want is Jesus, to rest in the hope and truth of His Word, but I'm having a hard time doing this.
It seems like doors for ministry are opening up for me and the Spirit is upon me to minister but then I find myself battling with my faith! I don't want to struggle like this, ministering the Word with power then fighting the very truths I know so well.

Please pray for me, please pray, saints, for my faith. I want Jesus to draw near, stay, let His peace rule in my heart. That the devil would flee, that my hope would be firmly established on the Rock of Christ, unmovable... like it has always been to me until these recent days.

Help me Jesus!
-Eli

2005/7/13 9:04Profile

Re: Gethsemane revisited

Quote:
but then I find myself battling with my faith

Eli, it's great to hear of the Lord's willingness to use you and the opportunities opening up to preach. And wonderful of your testimony of this last Sunday.

Please let me alter your perspective on what's happening and please, I'm not being flippant about what you're going through. You've been on my heart and [i]today[/i] I intended to find your old thread (this one) and ask how you're doing...

Luke 22
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired [to have] you, that he may sift [you] as wheat:
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Do you really expect the enemy to sit back and let you cut swathes off his kingdom in the hearts of men and women, without a backlash?

Is it possible, it is not your 'faith' with which you battle, but with what Ephesians 6:16 calls 'the fiery darts of the wicked', from which you need 'the shield of faith' to save you?

I realise that sounds like a very subtle difference, but, you may feel less panicked, if you realise you [i]are[/i] overcoming this onslaught [i]by your faith[/i].

If you feel your faith is weak, then you can always call on the faith of Jesus Christ. Another way to think of His faith, is to 'hold on to His faithfulness' - that is, to think of yourself as being held onto by God during this time of trial - back to being kept by [i]His power[/i].

Maybe, you could do a Bible study on the verses which refer to the faith of Jesus Christ.

My favourite does not exactly mention faith, but the implication is unavoidable. In John 10, where He shares that He had asked His Father about how things would work if He laid down His life and He [i]believed[/i] the answer (commandment) His Father had given Him. I am always encouraged to remember that the Man, Jesus, had to exercise faith to carry out His Father's will. Isn't that awesome?

I believe He will keep you through this that you're battling right now. Remember, He is the Light and to Him, it is never dark, even if it seems like pitch to us; that's our difficulty yet well within His capabilities to lead us through.

2005/7/13 17:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy