Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Philippians 4:5 Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.
Gentleness is one of the fruits of the spirit. It is displayed in one who is growing in Christian maturity.
Gentleness is often quoted as being "strength under control."
Gentleness is sometimes perceived as weakness in our modern, Western mindset, but gentleness actually reveals great strength and has much power to bless people. Here are some ways you can strive to be more gentle:
* Ask the Holy Spirit to create a gentle spirit within you and make you sensitive to others' feelings and concerns.
* When talking, strive to encourage people with your words. Guard against speaking in harsh ways that may hurt people. Pray for discernment about how to speak the truth in loving ways.
* Think of ways you can illustrate the gospel message through simply living it out in every aspect of your life. Try to let non-Christians see Christ's light shining through the loving gentleness of your actions.
* Ask God to give you wisdom and knowledge about how to approach every situation you encounter.
* Confess any bitterness you may have in your heart, and any selfish ambition you may be harboring. Ask God to replace these things with His gentleness.
* Turn your thought life over to Christ. When you find yourself thinking thoughts that don't glorify Him, pray for the Holy Spirit to renew your mind.
* Embrace God's deep love for you, and remember that God loves every person He has made. Since people are made in God's image, you should respect their dignity by interacting gently with them.
* Understand that whatever abilities you have come from God. Be humble and remember God's grace in your life.
Speak gently. It is better by far to rule by love than fear.
Speak gently. Let no harsh word mar the good you may do here.
Speak gently to the young, for they will have enough to bear; pass through this life as best they may, 'tis full of anxious care.
Speak gently to the aged one. Grieve not the care worn heart, whose sands of life are nearly run, let such in peace depart.
Speak gently, kindly to the poor, let no harsh tone be heard. They have enough they must endure without an unkind word.
Speak gently.....'tis a little thing dropped in the heart's deep well; The good, the joy that it may bring eternity shall tell.
Ephesians 4:2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.