SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Do the Scriptures Teach this Doctrine...???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: Do the Scriptures Teach this Doctrine...???

"Do the Scriptures Teach this Doctrine...???"

"Do the scriptures teach that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone?"

Yes they do. Absolutely!

2017/11/3 7:08Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Re:"Doctrine"

""Do the scriptures teach that 'salvation' is by 'grace alone' through
'faith alone' 'in Christ alone' ? "

Bro. Bear you have asked a BIG question !

And, a dire question too,..wouldn't you say?

Could it really affect one's Life / death ?

Do we need to dissect everything?....every Word that's brought forth, under The Light of God?..evaluate it with His plum line ?

Doctrine"...
But, ..What is 'Doctrine' ?

*a noun,...could there be a governing factor in that word ?

Jn.18:19-20,
"¶ The high priest then 'asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine'.

20 ¶ Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.
21 Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said."

(we would have to look back and see what all His teachings were)

Jn.7:16-17,
¶ Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me.

17 "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."

Until later,....
For now,.. other thoughts / subjects are stirring me.

----------------🛐
elizabeth

2017/11/4 11:11Profile
Elibeth

Re:

2017/11/4 17:19Profile
Elibeth

Re: Do the Scriptures Teach this Doctrine...???

Re:
"Do the Scriptures Teach this Doctrine...??? "

"Do the scriptures teach that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone?"

Dear bro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
We must define 'grace' as it is used in The Word,..
We know that is unmerited favor,...we did not / do not deserve it ,...it is a gift,a helper,..A Devine Helper...

Grace:
"The Devine effluence upon the heart,...( the hearing of The Word,that He speaks to us by The Spirit),...And it's reflection in the life"...(the doing of that Word that we heard Him speak to us)...
Also, we credit Faith to this,...
"Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by The Word of God."
The same 'Faith' ,....hearing,..believing, obeying, that Abraham had.

Our most merciful Lord sends His Grace upon us,to draw us to 'God', who is
'The Word'.

For instance, ..'Be ye reconciled to 'God'.....'The Spirit / Word'

Rom.5:10-11,
"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to
'God' .......(The Word) ,..(we were justified by His Blood)..by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, 'WE SHALL BE SAVED' 'by His life'.....

(through His Spirit that is within us,..led by 'The Spirit of God', The Life of God,that was in His Son,Jesus.)...

11 "And not only so, but we also joy 'in God' through our Lord Jesus Christ, 'by whom' we have now received the atonement."

But 'God' commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, 'being now' justified by his blood, 'we SHALL BE SAVED' from wrath 'through him'.

--------------🛐
elizabeth

Edited to add:

2 Cor.5:17-21,
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And 'all things are of God', who hath reconciled us to himself 'by Jesus Christ', and hath given to us the 'ministry of reconciliation' ;

19 To wit, that 'God' was 'in' Christ, 'reconciling the world unto himself', not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the 'word of reconciliation'.

20 ¶ Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled 'to God'
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might 'be made' he righteousness 'of God' 'in him."

~~~~~~~~~

2017/11/4 18:15Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

The moment one believes on the Lord with their heart and confesses him with their mouth (those by the way are by definition "works") they are justified and they SHALL be saved.

2017/11/4 23:51Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

They really do teach this as part of the gospel message.

But the rub is our dismissal of God's sovereignty in the salvation of man.
Some come by way of simple invitation to believe. Others by catechism, others by deep repentance for sin, others by dreams and an awakening to the truth of God. What I am saying is...God is not breaking his own rules by bringing his grace and saving faith to some who were really taught well before their conversion or others who had a five word invitation and responded in faith. It is God who gives faith and repentance, we don't always see it in others at the same time and sometimes what we do see is fake.

To me it could never be a matter of leaving out repentance in our gospel message, but its not the gospel message according to all we think we should teach or shouldn't teach that determines a sinners saving moment. That belongs to God and he alone determines when, who and how much information is needed to bring his sons to Jesus.

2017/11/8 22:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy