SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Battle For Spiritual Sight - Sparks

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The Battle For Spiritual Sight - Sparks

Their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. (2 Corinthians 3:14)

It is no small thing to have true spiritual sight. It represents a mighty victory. It is not going to come to you by just sitting passively and opening your mouths for it to arrive. There has to be exercise about this matter. You are right up against the full force of the god of this age when you are really out for spiritual understanding. It is a supernatural battle. So every bit of ministry that is going to be a ministry of true revelation will be surrounded by conflict. Conflict will go before, conflict will go on at the time, and conflict may follow after. It is like that. Herein, then, is the need for you to be exercised about light, that, while you hear the thing, you shall not take it for granted that, having heard it, you have got it; that you should afterward have very definite dealings with the Lord, that what He is seeking to break through to you shall indeed be entered into, and that you are not going to delude yourself by assuming that you know now merely because you have heard it in its terms. You may not know it. It may not yet be delivering light; there may be a battle necessary in this matter.

If we did but know it, a very great deal of the conflict which arises in our lives is because God is seeking to bring us further on the road, to open our eyes to Himself, to bring us into the light of His Son. God is seeking to broaden our spiritual horizon, and the enemy is out against that, and he is not going to have it if he can help it. Conflict arises. We may not understand it, but very, very often, more often than not, it is just that, namely, that the Lord is after something, and Satan says, "They shall not see that if I can help it!" So there arises a mighty warfare. This blindness is supernatural, just as enlightenment is supernatural.

By T. Austin-Sparks from: Spiritual Sight - Chapter 5

2017/11/1 7:16Profile
Elibeth

Re: The Battle For Spiritual Sight - Sparks

But WHY is it so important for The Lord to REVEAL Himself,...His Word to us ?

Is it to 'know Him' .....is it to truly have 'the mind of Christ ?....is it to see the truth of God,...as He see's it, ...to not be deceived ,..to see the church ,...what it means to be the church ?

Mt.16:16,
Jesus ......
"¶ He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 ¶ And Simon Peter answered and said, 'THOU ART THE CHRIST'
the 'SON OF THE LIVING GOD.'

17 ¶ And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for FLESH and blood hath not REVEALED it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee THE KEYS of the kingdom of heaven: "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The devils see's who Jesus is,as far as seeing,...but I do not believe they see Him in the Way that He wants us to 'SEE' Him,....

.....I don't believe they receive the Revealed Word,...( The Rock ,...The Revealed Word of God, ..that the church is built on )...so he does not know how to build 'the church'.

Is it most important that we 'SEE',....have The Lord reveal His Word to us,
..also His revealed Word will show us the mystery of the kingdom..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do many just 'see' Him ..as Jesus,.....as a person,..without The revealed by The Spirit, Word ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lk.4:41,
And DEVILS also came out of many, crying out, and saying, ...THOU ART THE CHRIST THE SON OF GOD, And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: FOR THEY KNEW THAT HE WAS CHRIST.

~~~~~~~~~~
elizabeth
That is somewhat,I am seeing that T A Sparks saying here.

Just pondering thoughts,
Thanks Mike

2017/11/1 11:30Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: The Battle For Spiritual Sight - Sparks

Brother Mike
What I see here is this
The Battle For Spiritual Sight - Sparks Reply To This Post |

|

Their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. (2 Corinthians 3:14)

Some people are so caught up in offense that they do not see there is a spirit behind everything..
Paul teaches us about principalities and powers.
EPh 6:.
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

21 But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:

22 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.

23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

If we are strong in the Lord we will see the spirit.. vs 12.
we will not be blinded by the flesh. the enemy wants us to be divided and blinded.
2 cor 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of
If we can learn to remember its a spirit behind most issues in church.
Christ is the head of the church and He spoiled all principalities and powers on the cross. Col 2:15
Oh May we not be blinded by our flesh and see in the spirit in JESUS name.
Just my thoughts..
in Christ
Sister Frannie

2017/11/19 15:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy