SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : KNOWING Christ After The Spirit,..?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Philip.
Peters second sermon brings Christ to the Jews and calls for faith and repentance. Those same demands fall to the gentiles because the gospel to Jew or Gentile is the same.

I'm not following about the law comment

2017/11/11 2:32Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Joh 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
1Jo 2:8
Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
2Jo 1:5
And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

Is a commandment not as Law. If we are under Grace, is this commandment to love not a Law of Grace?

As to grace what does it do for the children of God?

1Jo 2:12
I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

1Jo 2:13
I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

1Jo 2:14
I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one

1Jo 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1Jo 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1Jo 2:17
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

So, Is not the Law of Grace; Love? It is Grace, by the Love of the Father and work of the Son that repentance and faith come by Love of the Father.

Col 1:25
Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Col 1:28
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Col 1:29
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

How do we believe this mystery of Christ in you? Which Peter says some things are hard to understand? There is only one way we might believe;

By the work of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit abiding in us which worketh in us mightily.

All I can do is believe, not my works but His in me, IN Christ: Phillip

2017/11/14 15:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy