SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : KNOWING Christ After The Spirit,..?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Elibeth

KNOWING Christ After The Spirit,..?

Knowing Christ after The Spirit...

2 Cor.5:16,...(Paul speaking)...
..this Scripture struck me this week:

¶ "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, 'though we have known Christ after the flesh,' yet NOW henceforth 'KNOW WE HIM NO MORE."

Question,.. but WHAT is Paul saying here?
....what did Jesus do while in the flesh ?...that we are not to not continue seeing Him as ?...or to 'see' Him now as,..
is Paul saying to 'SEE' Him in The Spirit ?......now!...after the Holy Spirit was sent back,...that we need The Lord to open our Spiritual seeing ?....is it of the very utter most importance ?...Seeing and Living, been 'raised' from the dead,...,...(resurrection of Life from the dead)

*a look at what we saw Jesus do in the flesh, ......but NOW into The Spirit:

(Jesus did while here in the flesh,)....

Mt.11:5, "The blind' receive their sight, and the 'lame walk' , the 'lepers are cleansed' and the 'deaf hear', 'the dead' are 'raised up', and 'the poor' have the gospel preached to them."
~~~~~
(are we poor,....very needy,....?,..I am always poor and very needy)
~~~~~~~
*raising the dead,.. (Lazarus)..
Jn,12:17,
"he called Lazarus out of his grave, and raised him from the dead,"
Jn.11:
"And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth."

44 "And he that was dead came forth, 'bound hand and foot with
grave clothes:' and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go."

Jn12:24-25
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto "life eternal."

------> we were bound from head to foot,...dead,..and The Lord hast now called us forth from this death,and 'raised' us from this bondage and 'death,unto Life' .
~~~~~~
*Healed the blind,...
-------> opened blinded eyes
( Spiritual eyes), that we may see through the Spirit.
~~~~~~~~
*Healed the deaf,....
-------> opens our ears,that we may hear Spiritually, ( Him talking to us through the Spirit...hear The Word, and began to understand it, in it's Spiritually
discernment.
~~~~~~~
*the 'crippled,....lame' ,...
------>our spiritual walk

*Jesus washed the disciples feet,...
Jn.16:6-10,
"Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
7 ¶ Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
8 ¶ Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
9 ¶ Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
10 ¶ Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not 'save to wash his feet' , but is clean every whit: and ye are clean,.."

I believe this is not only an example of humility,but we are to exhort our brothers/ sisters,..in The Lord,..that we are to walk
with clean feet before The Lord. ( in that way we will be Spiritually washing one another's feet.)
Heb.3:13-15,
" But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, "
~~~~~~
*the rich man that ask Jesus, 'what must I do to inherit eternal life ?'...(he heard The Lord' voice, but what did he do ?)

----->my sheep hear my voice,and they follow me,"....."for as many,as are led by The Spirit of God,they are the sons of God."
~~~~~~~
*Jesus fed the multitude,and had baskets of bread left over,...(but we notice,that Jesus takes the bread and that is He that gives it to His disciples)

"(I Am The Bread of Life)"

----> He gives us of that Spiritual Bread of Life,..."(Give us this day our daily Bread)"
He never runs out of this Bread,...He feeds the hungry.
~~~~~
Jesus said,"These things shall ye do, and
'Greater' than these shall ye do."
So what is the 'greater' things ?
Jesus healed the physical,...which is temporary,...The healing of the Spiritual,is EVERLASTING.

*....."yea, 'though we have known Christ after the flesh,' yet NOW henceforth 'KNOW WE HIM NO MORE."

I know this has been quite long,...but hopefully for our consideration .

In Him, 🛐
-----------------
elizabeth

2017/10/29 12:35Profile
Elibeth

Re: KNOWING Christ After The Spirit,..?

Continuing,..

2Cor.5:16,
"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, 'though we have known Christ after the flesh,' yet NOW henceforth 'KNOW WE HIM NO MORE."

* Knowing Christ After The Spirit

* The Spirit,...our being filled with The Spirit

*water / Wine,Water pots,

Jn.2:6,
"¶ And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece."

7 "Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.

Note:
In the Bible , does numbers have meaning ?....

...the number (6) : man)..
'6 water pots of stone, (us)'Turned the Water into Wine: symbol of The Holy Spirit).....

------------> New Wine into New vessels,..(spirited /alive)
Jesus did in His walk on earth:

Another semblance, of things that Jesus did while on earth, that would be done in the Spiritual,...,after He sends back The Spirit.

*"The greater than these things,shall ye do"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* FAITH: ....------->.working by grace.

-------> (the faith that cometh by hearing, and hearing by The Word of God)
-------------> ( hearing the voice of God through The Spirit, and obeying)
----------> (can also be attributed to 'being led by The Spirit of God' )

* Jesus was doing on earth,...a semblance of when He sends back The Spirit

Example:

Lk.18:18-24,
¶ And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to 'inherit eternal life' ?

19 ¶ And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

21 ¶ And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

22 ¶ Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, '
follow me'

23 ¶ And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

24 ¶ And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches 'ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD'.

**Edited to add:

* Thoughts:...this seems to say,....cannot enter the kingdom of God except...

'my sheep hear my voice,and they follow me'...

'Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God'

Also ,I am thinking about what Jesus' Mother said,....that I really believe holds some significance,..she told them when they were about to
make the 'Wine',.. .

..(Jn.2:5),..'
¶ His mother saith unto 'THE SERVANTS', Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.'
~~~~~~~~~~
Jesus puts His finger on different things in our lives ,...for this man it was his riches, ..

.'Faith' is to hear Him and obey,...it was the 'faith' of Abraham,..the 'faith' of Jesus ..or ...Jesus' faith

,......Now, to See Him in The Spirit'

What do you see?

------------------
elizabeth

2017/11/5 23:01Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Continuing,

*A Spiritual Kingdom,'.....'The Kingdom of God'

1Sam.8:3-
.."And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment.

4 ¶ Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,

5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.

6 ¶ But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.

7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: 'FOR THEY HAVE NOT REJECTED THEE, BUT THEY HAVE REJECTED ME,THAT I SHOULD NOT REIGN OVER THEM'.

8 "According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of 'Egypt' even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee."
~~~~~~
*This people,did not want The Spirit of God to reign over them,..they wanted a man, like unto all the other nations had,to be their King and to reign over them.

Lovingly and 🛐
I share,
------------------
elizabeth

2017/11/6 9:18Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Re:
'KNOWING Christ after The Spirit',?....

Continuing,...

1Sam.8:12-19,
,..."ye said unto me, Nay; but a king shall reign over us: when 'The LORD your God WAS YOUR KING'.

13 ¶ Now therefore behold 'the king whom ye have chosen', and 'whom ye have desired'!, and, 'behold, the LORD hath set a king over you'.

14 If ye will 'fear the LORD', and
'serve him', and 'obey His Voice', and
'not rebel' against the commandment of the LORD, then shall both ye and also the king that reigneth over you 'continue' 'following the LORD your God' :

15 But 'if' ye will 'not obey' 'The Voice of the LORD', but rebel against the commandment of the LORD, then shall the hand of the LORD be against you, as it was against your fathers.

16 ¶ Now therefore stand and see this great thing, which the LORD will do before your eyes.

17 Is it not wheat harvest to day? I will call unto the LORD, and he shall send thunder and rain; that ye may perceive and see that 'YOUR WICKEDNESS IS GREAT WHICH YE HAVE DONE IN THE SIGHT OF THE LORD, 'IN ASKING YOU A KING'

18 ¶ So Samuel called unto the LORD; and the LORD sent thunder and rain that day: and all the people greatly feared the LORD and Samuel.

19 ¶ And all the people said unto Samuel, Pray for thy servants unto the LORD thy God, that we die not: for 'We have added unto all our sins this evil 'TO ASK US A KING.'

~~~~~~~~~~~
*(They would not have God,...
The Spirit /Word), to be their KING' and reign over them)
~~~~~~~~~~
Now,
*Jesus,...our king is now preaching the gospel,...the gospel of the kingdom,,..giving us by example......
~~~~~~~~~~~~

4... there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was 'the chief' 'among the publicans', and 'HE WAS RICH'.

3 And 'HE SOUGHT TO SEE JESUS',
'who he was' and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.

~~~~~~~
*(We,too seek to 'SEE' Jesus,through Spiritual eyes)
~~~~~~~~~

4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.

5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and 'come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.'

~~~~~~~
*Note: Jesus is telling this man to do something,..remember He told the other rich man to do something, and we notice the responses,..Jesus is king now,..He wants to commune with us, guide us,...we are to be led by The Spirit of God,...
~~~~~~~~

6 And he made haste, and came down, and 'received him joyfully.'

7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

8 ¶ And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; 'Behold,Lord', the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
~~~~~
('Repentance')
~~~~~~~~~~~

9 ¶ And Jesus said unto him, 'This day is salvation come to this house', forsomuch as he also is a 'son of Abraham'.

~~~~~~~
*The son of Abraham ?.....Abraham,...heard The Lord' Voice, command,and obeyed..
~~~~~~~

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

11 ¶ And as they heard these things, he added and 'spake a parable', because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that 'the kingdom of God' should immediately appear.

12 'He said' therefore, 'A certain nobleman'went into 'a far country' 'to receive for 'himself' 'a kingdom', and to return.

~~~~~~~
(*we were in that 'far country'...lost,..before He came and 'raised' us from the dead.)....--------->
~~~~~~~

13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens 'hated him', and sent a message after him, saying, 'We will NOT have THIS MAN TO REIGN OVER US'.

~~~~~~~~~~~
*KING' rejected to reign over us ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Sooo,...Jesus,our king is come, through The Holy Spirit 'to do', through The Holy Spirit, what God wanted to do way back then,...when the people wanted a king to reign over them, and
'REJECTED The Lord,who was The king,...and is The King.
--------------
This is my ♥️

God Bless,...
-----------🛐

elizabeth

2017/11/7 10:37Profile
Elibeth

Re:

The conclusion,...but would love to have you share you comments.

Paul speaking)
2:Cor.5:16,
"¶ Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have 'known Christ after the flesh,' 'YET NOW, HENCEFORTH KNOW WE HIM NO MORE."

'To know Him',....

....we have been made new,...reborn after The Spirit,..so now ,we begin to 'see' through the eyes of The Spirit, .....to 'see' Him,...face to face in all of His glory.....that is what He truly wants us to 'see' and not the flesh.....
What He came to do for us.....

*being born again of The Spirit,...a death ------>unto Life, raised from this death, unto ...resurrected life.....His Life in us,...the Life of the kingdom of God that is within,..

..Paul said,
Phil.3:10-12,

"That I may 'KNOW HIM', and 'THE POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION'and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 ¶ Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* so we see His death,....His Blood sacrifice for us,..(an intrance)... but we are also to see our death,..us also to resurrect unto His Life,...He offers us Life.

We see His resurrection,.but we also see there is a 'resurrection' life in the Spirit, that is His intention for us. ....(it is the Spiritual side that Paul wants us to see.)

Another thing that I want to revisit,...

The rich man and Zacceheus, that came to Jesus,...were they 'BOTH' desirous of Life Eternal ?

The rich man,....the Word The Lord had for him,...and he went away sadly.
Zacceheus, also a rich man,..Jesus had a Word also for him,but he 'joyfully'
'Repented' ....and came down to Jesus,.and saw Him,...same as Paul see's Him , as 'Lord'....and started following The Lord in the death of his old man,..
and now in 'resurrection' Life.

....We,too, seek / desire 'Everlasting'....(Eternal Life)....
The Lord speaks to us,...
We have been born of His Spirit,....His Spirit is a 'resurrection' Spirit....It is Living....Alive.

"TO KNOW HIM"

Jn.17:3,
"And this is life eternal, that they might 'KNOW THEE' the 'ONLY TRUE GOD' 'AND' 'Jesus Christ', whom thou hast sent."

'Only true God,=The Spirit \ Word
'Jesus Christ= The Word

....to know Him in 'the resurrection Life....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I want to know is this Scripture below, spoken just for the Jew / Israel,
or it for us Gentiles too ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Acts.3:19-26,
"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities."

Bless you,
--------------📖
elizabeth

2017/11/8 11:04Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Acts.3:19-26,
"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities."

Elizabeth:

The context is Peter preaching to the "men of Israel"
But the wider meaning is that Jesus is now offered fully to the gentiles (as you will read later in Acts) so that those blessings offered to believing Israel are now extended to believing Gentiles.
This second sermon by Peter denotes the immediate ministry to the Jew first and the subsequent conversions that followed. All of this sermon is fitted to the Jew because the sermon relates the life and ministry of Jesus to the fulfillment of Messianic prophecies cited by Moses.
The great thing about Peters sermon is that we are not left out, because as we shall learn later by Paul, the seed of Abraham is Christ...and we too are born according to promise, not of the flesh but of the Spirit So our connection is by way of Old covenant prophecies that include the salvation of Gentiles.
Therefore Jews by natural birth have this heritage, and we by spiritual birth have that heritage as well.
In the end Peter strongly exhorts them to repent for Moses..and all the prophets point to Jesus...and God validated it by raising him from the dead.

2017/11/8 19:20Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Marvin,
I appreciate your responding to my request concerning,
Acts 3:19-26,

I was really wanting to know,...
was what Peter was saying to these people,...was this same message / requirements,that he was making
To them.......was it for us Gentiles too,....

----------------
elizabeth

2017/11/9 9:50Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Elizabeth: The requirements in the sermon are applicable to us ( gentiles right now)
They must repent and believe, we must repent and believe.
They must understand/believe the prophets foretold of Him, we must understand/believe the prophets foretold of Him.
They must understand/believe they are offered a salvation based on faith in him, we too must understand/believe in the offer of salvation based on faith in him.

If there is anything I missed, it is comprehended in the above requirements that to dismiss him, to fail to listen to God's prophet better than Moses, to not heed his sacrifice for us and turn from our idols to serve him...we are equally doomed as Israel.

2017/11/9 19:15Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Marvin,
Yes,.. I thought they were for us too,..but was not really sure,...I also knew it fit with the other Scritures that I had been studying.
Peter was saying some interesting things,....

Thank you, Marvin,
---------------
elizabeth

2017/11/9 22:04Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Romans 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Marvin, is this what you were speaking to when you wrote;
"""Therefore Jews by natural birth have this heritage, and we by spiritual birth have that heritage as well"""?

The Jew by faith, the Gentile through faith.

If so, please explain a little deeper.

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

If we as Gentiles establish the Law and we are no longer under the Law, by what law of Grace are we under?

"""LOVE"""?

In Christ: Phillip

2017/11/10 18:15Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy