SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Solomon Islands/Bouganville (Papua New Guinea/Irian Jaya)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Solomon Islands/Bouganville (Papua New Guinea/Irian Jaya)

For some reason, a Godly reason (let me amend) I was led to pray for Jesus' Church in Bouganville.

I had been idly messing about with some survival radios I keep, listening to the Dodgers game, and I went to the shortwave band, picked up Radio NZ, and they had a story on Bouganville, not faith related.

Then I went to my Operation World prayer fact book, and looked up Solomon Islands, even though Bouganville is officially part of PNG.

Then during nightly prayer, The Holy Spirit had me pray for this church, and I'm still praying.

I know this site is global, Praise His Name!, does anyone have any info about the church on Bouganville, and/or the Solomon Islands?

or does anyone have a Word?

in short, if you feel a similar burden for this church, could you pray in the Holy Spirit for these believers, and share if the Lord spoke to you about this.

Thanks and my prayer is that God fill you with His Spirit as you read this sentence.

neil

2005/6/22 19:50
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: The Solomon Islands/Bouganville (Papua New Guinea/Irian Jaya)

Neil,

Hey. I too have had a burden for this area. My good friend was a missionary kid who grew up in the Solomons. Don't know a whole lot about Bouganville except political info. It will be great to see what comes up.

Believing with you,

RT

2005/6/22 20:15Profile

Bless God!

The political situation is the center of the hell. It's the polyglot of tribes, and the machinations of the enemy. The first googled article I found today was how the women folk got to praying and it had a section on myths about forgiveness.

One of my dearest closet brothers in the faith, who had been on mission south of Timor, is now back in Hawaii, refreshing and ministering to his recently widowed mother. He has a vision to evangelize the Indonesian archipelago by sailboat, and was recently gifted with a sturdy craft for this endeavour.

He's been asking me to come over and sail with him to Honolulu, shake the vessel down. In the Lord, I want to tell him of my prayer burden.

This brother has an amazing vision of indigenous missionaries, being trained, equipped and sent out two by two via a 'mother' ship.

pray for him, he's a man after God's own heart.

I believe revival is only possible where folks have been absolutely humbled and cratered.

I think thats why I find myself drawn to places like Rwanda, North Korea and Bouganville.

hmmm, pray for me too.

In Jesus, neil

2005/6/22 20:35

Re: Bless God! Revival in the South Pacific

(whilst googling, I got lit up just reading that!! Oh Spirit pour down Your Fire!!)

"REVIVAL in the South Pacific

Pentecost Island in Vanuatu has seen many strong moves of God since converted “kanakas” blackbirded from the Pacific Islands to work on sugar cane plantations in Queensland returned home taking the good news of the gospel with them a hundred years ago. Now revival is stirring there again, and across the South Pacific.

Pentecost Island is a famous tourist destination because of the amazing land diving, where boys and men jump from high towers made of bush materials with vines tied to their ankles - the original bungy jumping.

The following is a brief account of revival in the area, centred on the National Bible College at Banmatmat on South Pentecost.

See Photo Links on the main page for regular updates in comments added to the photos.

Vanuatu

The Lord poured out his Spirit in a fresh and surprising way at the Christian Fellowship in the School of Law in the University of the South Pacific in Port Vila, Vanuatu.

The weekend following Easter, 2002, the Christian Fellowship (CF) of the law school of the University of the South Pacific held an outreach meeting on Saturday evening, April 6, on the lawn and steps of the university square which faces the main lecture buildings, school administration and library. God moved on them in a strong way that night.

The University of the South Pacific, based in Suva Fiji, has its School of Law, the law faculty, in Vanuatu (because of the unique combination of French, English and local laws in Vanuatu, previously called New Hebrides). The very active Christian Fellowship (CF) at the School of Law regularly organises outreaches in the town and at the university. About one third of the 120 students in the four year law course attend the weekly Christian Fellowship meeting on a Friday night each week, and a core group pray together regularly and organise outreach and evangelism events. Students come from the many nations of the South Pacific Islands to study law at Vanuatu. Many of them are sons and daughters of chiefs and government leaders.

Romulo Nayacalevu, then President of the Christian Fellowship reported:

“The speaker was the Upper Room Church pastor, Jotham Napat who is also the director of Meteorology here in Vanuatu. The night was filled with the awesome power of the Lord and we had the back up service of the Upper Room church ministry who provided music with their instruments. With our typical Pacific Island setting of bush and nature all around us, we had dances, drama, and testified in an open environment, letting the wind carry the message of salvation to the bushes and the darkened areas. That worked because most of those that came to the altar call were people hiding or listening in these areas. The Lord was on the road of destiny with many people that night.”

Unusual lightning hovered around in the sky that night, and as soon as the prayer teams had finished praying with those who rushed forward at the altar call, then the tropical rain pelted down on that open field area. God poured out his Spirit on many lives that night.

Many of these law students will be leaders in their various Pacific Islands nations, both in civic and church affairs. Some of them experienced powerful conversions that night. Many were filled with the Spirit and began to experience spiritual gifts in their lives in new ways. Some students who had been heavily involved in drinking and night clubs found new freedom and zeal for God and have become effective evangelists through their changed lives.

A team of eleven from their Christian Fellowship (CF) visited Australia for a month in November-December 2002 involved in outreach and revival meetings in many denominations and as well as in visiting home prayer groups. We hosted them and enjoyed driving them 6,000 kilometres in a 12-seater van, including a trip from Brisbane to Sydney and back.

The team prayed for hundreds of people in over a dozen churches and home groups, and led worship at the daily 6 am prayer group at Kenmore Baptist Church (following their own 5 am daily prayer meeting in the house provided for them). One result of that visit is that some churches in Brisbane began holding weekly combined churches revival meetings, backed up with the daily early morning prayer groups meeting at 6 am Monday to Friday, praying constantly for revival.

2003 - Pentecost Island, Vanuatu

The law students from the Christian Fellowship (CF) grew strong in faith. Jerry, one of the students from Fiji, returned home after the visit to Australia, and prayed for over 70 sick people in his village, seeing many miraculous healings. His transformed life challenged the village because he had been converted at CF at the law school after a very wild, rebellious time as a youth in the village. The following year, 2004, Jerry led revival in his village. He prayed early every morning in the Methodist Church, eventually being joined by some children, then some of the youth. By 2005 he had 50 young people involved, evangelzing, praying for the sick, casting out spirits, and encouraging revival.

See Mission News: Fiji (South Pacific) on the main page for regular updates through the Photo Links

Another student, Simon, returned to his island of Tuvalu, also transformed at university through CF, and witnessed daily to his relatives and friends all through the vacation in December-January, bring many of them to the Lord. He led a team of youth involved in Youth Alive meetings, and prayed with the leaders each morning from 4 a.m. Simon became President of the Christian Fellowship at the Law School from October 2003 for a year.

During May, 2003, the Christian Fellowship (CF) of the Law School of the University of the South Pacific held Easter meetings at the university campus in Port Vila and at a local church called Upper Room which many of the students attend. Soon after that another team from the CF flew to Pentecost Island for a weekend of outreach meetings on South Pentecost. The national Vanuatu Churches of Christ Bible College, near Salap village, is built on the site of the first Christian martyr there.

Tomas Tumtum returned to his village there on South Pentecost with a new young disciple from a neighbouring island. They arrived when the village was tabu (taboo) because a baby had died a few days earlier, so no one was allowed near the village. Ancient tradition dictated that anyone breaking tabu must be killed, so they were going to kill Tomas, but his disciple Lulkon signalled for them to kill him instead so that Tomas could evangelise his own people. Just before he was clubbed to death, tied to a palm tree, he read John 3:16, then closed his eyes and prayed for them.

See Mission News: Vanuatu (South Pacific) on the main page for photos of the site of Lulkon’s death and regular updates through the Photo Links.

The CF team of six led meetings in Salap village each night Friday-Sunday and Sunday morning - in Bislama, the local Pigin and in basic English. It was a kind of miracle. Salap village church sings revival choruses, but the surrounding villages still use hymns from mission days! The weekend brought new unity among the competing village churches. The Sunday night service went from 6-11 pm, although it had been closed three times after 10 pm, with a closing prayer, then later on a closing song, and then later on a closing announcement. People just kept singing and coming for prayer.

God has opened a wide door for on Pentecost Island (1 Cor 16:8-9), preparing for revival, with further visits planned during 2003 by the team of law students from the University of the South Pacific.

Another team of four students from the law school CF returned to South Pentecost in June 2003 for 12 days of meetings in villages around Salap. Again, the Spirit of God moved strongly. Leaders repented publicly of divisions and criticisms. Then youth began repenting of backsliding or unbelief. A great-grand-daughter of the pioneer Tomas Tumtum gave her life to God in the village near his grave at the Bible College.

Evening rallies were held in four villages of South Pentecost each evening from 6 pm for 12 days, with teaching sessions on the Holy Spirit held in the main village church of Salap each morning for a week. The team experienced a strong leading of the Spirit in the worship, drama, action songs with Pacific dance movements, and preaching and praying for people.

Mathias, a young man who repented deeply with over 15 minutes of tearful sobbing, is now the main worship leader in revival meetings. When he was leading and speaking at a revival meeting at the national Bible College, a huge supernatural fire blazed in the hills directly opposite the Bible College chapel in 2005, but no bush was burned.

From 2004 – Banmatmat Bible College

By 2004, the Churches of Christ national Bible College at Banmatmat on Pentecost Island increasingly became a centre for revival. Leaders’ seminars and youth conventions focused on revival. During 2005 the college hosted regular courses and seminars on revival for a month at a time, each day beginning with prayer together from 6 a.m., and even earlier from 4.30 a.m. in the youth convention in December, 2004, as God’s Spirit moved on the youth leaders in that area.

Morning sessions continue from 8 a.m. to noon, with teaching and ministry. As the Spirit moves on the group, they continue to repent and seek God for further anointing and impartation of the Spirit in their lives. Afternoon sessions feature sharing and testimonies of what God is doing.

Each evening became a revival meeting at the Bible College with worship, sharing, preaching, and powerful times of ministry to everyone seeking prayer.

Every weekend the team from the college leads revival meetings in the village churches. Many of these go late as the Spirit moves on the people with deep repentance, reconciliation, forgiveness, and prayer for healing and empowering.

See Mission News: Vanuatu (South Pacific) on the main page for regular updates through the Photo Links

Solomon Islands

As Australians intervene in the Solomon Islands, ‘to help a friend’, God is already intervening with revival there with revival in the Western District as well as in many churches in Honiara.

The Lord has poured out his Spirit in fresh and surprising ways in New Georgia in the Western District of the Solomon Islands in 2003, and this year has also been touching many churches in Honiara with revival and strong moves of the Holy Spirit. All across the islands of Solomons, 2003 has seen a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit especially on youth and children. This includes many conversions, many filled with the Spirit, many having visions and revelations.

In spite of, and perhaps as one result of, the ethnic tension (civil war) for two years with rebels armed with guns causing widespread problems and the economy failing with wages of many police, teachers and administrators unpaid, the Holy Spirit has moved strongly in the Solomon Islands.

The weekend following Easter, from the end of April, 2003, youth and children in the huge, scenic Marovo Lagoon area were filled with the Spirit, with many lives transformed. Revival began with the Spirit moving on youth and children in village churches with extended worship in revival songs, many visions and revelations and lives being changed with strong love for the Lord. Children and youth began meeting daily from 5 or 6 pm for hours of praise, worship and testimonies. A police officer observed that the number of reported crimes has been reduced and that former rebels are now attending daily worship and prayer meetings.

Methodist missions established strong churches in New Georgia a hundred years ago. These are now part of the United Church of the Solomon Islands. Munda, on the south-west of New Georgia where the pioneers began, has the church’s headquarters with its administration, hospital and schools. It lies 50 miles from Seghe on the south-east coast in the Marovo Lagoon, with its 40 miles of lagoon with 1,000 islands. Seghe Theological Seminary is the national Bible College for the United Church. James Mitchener in Tales of the South Pacific said, “I think Segi Point, at the southern end of New Georgia, is my favourite spot in the South Pacific. Behind the point, hills rise, laden with jungle. The bay is clear and blue. The sands of Segi are white. Fish abound in the nearby channel.” Seghe (formerly spelt Segi) in the south east of the island and Munda in its south west both have airstrips.

Revival continues to spread throughout the region.

July 2003 – Western Solomons

My first experience of this revival was near Munda, on a nearby island. We took the outboard motor canoe with Rev Fred Alizeru from Munda (Fred had previously been in my classes at Trinity College in Brisbane). Two weeks previously, early in July, revival started there with the Spirit poured out on children and youth, so they just want to worship and pray for hours. They meet every night from around 5.30 pm and want to go late every night! I had to encourage the kids to see school also as a mission field, to pray with their friends there, and learn well so they can serve God better. So they need to get to bed early enough to do that!

At Seghe and in the Marovo Lagoon the revival has been spreading since Easter. Now many adults are becoming involved, also repenting and seeking more of the Holy Spirit. Many outpourings and gifts of the Spirit have emerged, including the following:

Transformed lives - Many youths that the police used to check on because of alcohol and drug abuse are now sober and on fire for God attending daily worship and prayer meetings; a man who rarely went to church is now leading the youth singing group at Seghe; adults are publicly reconciling from rifts or strife that may be many years old.

Long worship - This often includes prophetic words or actions and visions. I visited Sunday services in July in a village of the lagoon. About 200 youth and children led worship at both services with 1,000 attending. They sang revival songs and choruses accompanied by their youth band. I prayed individually for over 200 people from 9.30 to 11.30 pm. They just kept coming - mostly adults. On the Monday night at Seghe the congregation there worshipped from before 6 pm to after 9pm, then I taught, and then prayed with each of the family groups there.

Visions - Children see visions of Jesus (smiling at worship, weeping at hard hearts), angels, hell (with relatives sitting close to a lake of fire, so the children warned them); some kids saw Jesus with a foot in heaven and a foot on earth, like Mt 28:18 - “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” One boy preached (prophesied) for 1 1/2 hours, Spirit-led.

Revelations - especially words of knowledge about hidden things, including magic artefacts and good luck charms. Jesus will have no rivals at all! Kids show parents where they hid these things! If other adults did that there would be anger and feuds, but they accept it from their children. One boy told police that a man accused of stealing a chain saw (and threatened with the sack) was innocent as he claimed, and gave them the name of the culprit, by word of knowledge.

Confusion - Adults asked many questions at teaching sessions. I realised that my study in renewal and revival over 30 years has given me experience in the areas they were confused about, such as traditional and revival worship, deliverance, discernment of spirits, gifts of the Spirit, understanding and interpreting visions, tongues, healing, Spirit-led worship and preaching, leadership in revival, and so on.

Doors have flung wide open there, and they all want teaching on revival. So on New Georgia as well as in Honiara revival is spreading."

http://www.pastornet.net.au/renewal/journal20/20f.htm

2005/6/22 20:43
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: Bless God!

Neil,

You know, despite all of our many misunderstandings in the past I think we will become really good friends. I really appreciate your heart for God and His Kingdom.

This boat vision is awesome. I'd love to meet your friend. I love visionaries.

What have you heard about the Maldives? Wouldn't it be awesome to island hop around those forbidden atolls and bring them the gospel??

Praise the Lord!

RT

2005/6/22 20:44Profile

Re: Revival in the South Pacific (cont)

I keep going down the google list and I'm just floored in the Holy Ghost. I put "solomon islands pray" and I keep getting the most precious sweet testimonies of how God has moved in these islands!!

Greg, don't mean to burn up band width, but I just GOTTA share:

Thursday 14 June - Brugam, Papua New Guinea (Ray Overend)

Ray Overend describes part of a revival in the Sepik area.

'I will never forget June 14th, 1984. Revival had broken out in many churches around but Brugam itself, with many station staff and many Bible College and Secondary School students, was untouched. For a whole week from 8th June a well known preacher from New Zealand (Fred Creighton) had brought studies on "Life in Christ by the power of His Spirit". There was much very thorough teaching. On Tuesday afternoon in prayer I had a real peace that the Lord would break through in Brugam. Then early on Thursday night, the 14th, Judah Akesi, the Church Superintendent, invited some of us to his office for prayer. During that prayer time God gave him a vision. In the vision he saw many people bowed down in the front of the church building in the midst of a big light falling down from above just like rain.

'So after the ministry of the Word that night Judah invited those who wanted to bring their whole heart and mind and life under the authority of Christ to come forward so that hands might be laid on them for prayer.

'About 200 people surged forward. Many fell flat on their faces on the ground sobbing aloud. Some were shaking ­ as spiritual battles raged within. There was quite some noise...

'The spiritual battles and cries of contrition continued for a long time. Then one after another in a space of about three minutes everybody rose to their feet, singing spontaneously as they rose. They were free. The battle was won. Satan was bound. They had made Christ their King! Their faces looked to heaven as they sang. They were like the faces of angels. The singing was like the singing of heaven. Deafening, but sweet and reverent' (Overend 1986:36­37).

The whole curriculum and approach at the Bible School for the area changed. Instead of traditional classes and courses, teachers would work with the school all day from prayer times early in the morning through Bible teaching followed by discussion and sharing times during the day to evening worship and ministry. The school became a community, seeking the Lord together.

Churches which have maintained a strong Biblical witness continue to stay vital and strong in evangelism and ministry, filled with the Spirit's power. Christians learn to witness and minister in spiritual gifts, praying and responding to the leading of the Spirit.

'Many received spiritual gifts they never had before. One such gift was the "gift of knowledge" whereby the Lord would show Christians exactly where fetishes of sanguma men were hidden. Now in Papua New Guinea sanguma men (who subject themselves to indescribable ritual to be in fellowship with Satan) are able to kill by black magic... In fact the power of sanguma in the East Sepik province has been broken' (Overend 1986:23­24).

In 1986 a senior pastor from Manus Island came to the Sepik to attend a one year's pastors' course. He was filled with the Spirit. 'Shortly afterwards he went to Ambunti with a team of students on outreach. There they were asked to pray for an injured child who couldn't walk ­ and later in the morning he saw her walking around the town. He came back to his course and said: In my 35 years as a pastor on Manus I had never seen the power of God!' (1986:38).

North Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea (Jobson Misang)

Jobson Misang, an indigenous youth worker in the United Church reported on a revival movement in the North Solomons Province of Papua New Guinea in 1988:

'Over the last eight weekends I have been fully booked to conduct weekend camps. So far about 3,500 have taken part in the studies of the Living in the Spirit book. Over 2,000 have given their lives to Jesus Christ and are committed to live by the directions of the Spirit. This is living the Pentecost experience today!

'These are some of the experiences taking place:

''1. During small group encounters, under the directions of Spirit­filled leadership, people are for the first time identifying their spiritual gifts, and are changing the traditional ministry to body ministry.

'2. Under constant prayers, visions and dreams are becoming a day to day experience which are being shared during meetings and prayed about.

'3. Local congregations are meeting at 4 am and 6 am three days a week to pray, and studying the Scriptures is becoming a day to day routine. This makes Christians strong and alert.

'4. Miracles and healings are taking place when believers lay hands on the sick and pray over them.

'5. The financial giving of the Christians is being doubled. All pastors' wages are supported by the tithe.

'6. Rascal activities (crimes) are becoming past time events and some drinking clubs are being overgrown by bushes.

'7. The worship life is being renewed tremendously. The traditional order of service is being replaced by a much more lively and participatory one. During praise and worship we celebrate by clapping, dancing, raising our hands to the King of kings, and we meditate and pray. When a word of knowledge is received we pray about the message from the Lord and encourage one another to act on it with sensitivity and love.'

Problems encountered include division taking place within the church because of believers' baptism, fault finding, tongues, objections to new ways of worship, resistance to testimonies, loss of local customs such as smoking or chewing beetlenut or no longer killing animals for sacrifices, believers spending so many hours in prayer and fasting and Bible studies, marriages where only one partner is involved and the other blames the church for causing divisions, pride creeping in when gifts are not used sensitively or wisely, and some worship being too unbalanced.

Thursday 4 August - Kambaidam, Papua New Guinea (Johan van Bruggen)

Johan van Bruggen, a missionary at the Lutheran Evangelist Training Centre, Kambaidam near Kainantu in the Eastern Highlands of Papua New Guinea, wrote in his circulars:

'There came Thursday 4 August (1988), a miserable day weather wise, although we had great joy during our studies. Evening devotions ­ not all students came, actually a rather small group. I too needed some inner encouragement to go as it was more comfortable near the fire. We sang a few quiet worship songs. Samson, a fellow who by accident became one of our students last year ­ he and Paul had wanted to go to another school, missed it, and ended up in our Evangelist Training Centre and stayed on, although at times felt miserable, as we all do ­ well, this Samson was leading the devotions. We had sung the last song and were waiting for him to start. Starting he did, but in an unusual way. He cried, trembled all over! ... Then it spread. When I looked up again I saw the head prefect flat on the floor under his desk. I was praying in tongues off and on. It became quite noisy. Students were shouting! Should I stop it? Don't hold back! It went on and one, with students praying and laughing and crying ­ not quite following our planned programme! We finally stood around the table, about twelve of us, holding hands. Some were absolutely like drunk, staggering and laughing! I heard a few students starting off in tongues and I praised the Lord. The rain had stopped, not so the noise. So more and more people came in and watched!

'Not much sleeping that night! They talked and talked! And that was not the end. Of course the school has changed completely. Lessons were always great, I thought, but have become greater still. Full of joy most of the time, but also with a tremendous burden. A burden to witness.

'What were the highlights of 1988?

No doubt the actual outpouring of the Holy Spirit must come first. It happened on August 4 when the Spirit fell on a group of students and staff, with individuals receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit on several occasions later on in the year. The school has never been the same again. As direct results we noticed a desire for holiness, a hunger for God's Word which was insatiable right up till the end of the school year, and also a tremendous urge to go out and witness. Whenever they had a chance many of our students were in the villages with studies and to lead Sunday services. Prayer life deepened, and during worship services we really felt ourselves to be on holy ground.

'The fact is that our school is not just another church institution. As one of the students remarked recently, the real head teacher at Kambaidam is the Holy Spirit. Well, he certainly did a good job! Our 35 new students were again fascinated by the new life they discovered among the second year students. The Word of God did the rest. During the month of March real repentance took place. One week before Easter the Holy Spirit moved mightily among the students and staff. There was a lot of crying during that week. Each night the students met in small prayer groups. The aim was to get them prepared to go out to seven small Easter camps that were planned for the Gazup area ­ our area here around the school. Well, God's Spirit really prepared them well! I have never seen and heard so much crying. Many students had listed all their sins. I must confess that some of these lists really shook me. There was witchcraft, magic, adultery, stealing, drunkenness. It once again showed me how deep and far the world has invaded the church today. There was tremendous relief as students were assured of forgiveness and were filled with the Holy Spirit.'

A young student, David, in his early twenties from the Markham Valley had a growing burden for his village of Waritzian which was known and feared as the centre of pagan occult practices. He prayed earnestly. As part of an outreach team he visited nearby villages and then went to his own people. He was concerned about the low spiritual life of the church. He spent a couple of days alone praying for them.

Then as he was teaching them they heard the sound of an approaching wind which filled the place. Many were weeping, confessing their sins. They burnt their fetishes used in sorcery. This area had been a stronghold of those practices. Many people received various spiritual gifts including unusual abilities such as speaking English in tongues and being able to read the Bible. People met for prayer, worship and study every day and at night. These daily meetings continued to be held for over two years.

In November 1990, Johan van Bruggen wrote:

'This is what happened about 2 months ago. A new church building was going to be officially opened in a village in the Kainantu area. Two of our last year's graduates took part in the celebrations by acting the story in Acts 3: Peter and John going to the temple and healing the cripple.

'Their cripple was a real one - a young man, Mark, who had his leg smashed in a car accident. The doctors had wanted to amputate it, but he did not want to lose his useless leg. He used two crutches to move around the village. He could not stand at all on that one leg. He was lying at the door of the new church when our Peter and John (real names: Steven and Pao) wanted to enter. The Bible story was exactly followed: "I have got no money, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!" Well, they acted this out before hundreds of people, among them the president of the Goroka Church District and many pastors and elders. Peter (Steven) grabbed the cripple (Mark) by the hand and pulled him up. And he walked! He threw his crutches away and loudly praised the Lord! Isn't that something? What a faith!

Their testimony was given at a meeting of elders when Kambaidam was discussed. Mark was a most happy fellow who stood and walked firmly on his two legs. He also had been involved in criminal activities, but in this meeting he unashamedly confessed his faith in the Lord Jesus.

Later I talked with them. Steven (Peter) told me that the Lord had put this on his heart during a week­long period of praying. "I had no doubt that the Lord was going to heal Mark, and I was so excited when we finally got to play­act!" And Mark? He told me that when Steven told him to get up he just felt the power of God descend upon him and at the same time he had a tingling sensation in his crippled leg: "I just felt the blood rushing through my leg, bringing new life!" Mark is now involved in evangelistic outreach and his testimony has a great impact.

http://www.christianword.org/revival/5-1970.html

2005/6/22 20:56

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy