SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : FOR WHAT AM I WITHOUT THE LORD?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

FOR WHAT AM I WITHOUT THE LORD?

For what am I without the Lord?
A butterfly without a wing
A nightingale that cannot sing
A man who truly has no tears
Simply drowning in his fears

A child without a lullaby
A sea that surely has run dry
A dark night sky without the moon
A man who cannot die too soon

A child without a mother's breast
A bird with chicks who has no nest
A man who has no will to live
Who has no heart that can forgive

Now what am I with my dear Lord
A valley through the mountains high
A swallow flying in the sky
A sun that sets in a majestic sea
A shackled prisoner now set free .......bro Frank

2017/10/25 0:17
EAGLEFLYING

Re: FOR WHAT AM I WITHOUT THE LORD?

What a beautiful post. So true and trully refreshing.
Without Christ we are nothing.
In Christ
Frannie

2017/10/25 20:18Profile

Re:

"Without Christ we are nothing."

Amen Frannie..........bro Frank

2017/10/26 11:09
MaryJane

Re: FOR WHAT AM I WITHOUT THE LORD?

Greetings Frank

Thank you for sharing this and for your response in the thread on head coverings as well. There is much that has been on my heart over this past week. You mentioned to me in another post about being anxious and I have been, more so than I have in a very long time... It seems GOD is trying to show me some things and I pray I will not be afraid to listen. The one thing I know to be true is that JESUS alone is what matters. HE is everything and with out HIM I am completely lost in utter darkness.

The words in your poem so beautifully express the emptiness I feel when I do not walk daily with HIM.
God bless
maryjane

2017/10/26 11:31Profile

Re:

Hi MJ,

Thank you for your kind words. I think all of us at various stages in our lives feel empty and have suffered with anxiousness to one degree or another. Just yesterday as I was walking and praying I contemplated what a fearless life without anxiety looked like. I cried out to the Lord that, not for selfish reasons, but for freedom's sake, I would walk such a walk. It came to my mind that so often we are freed from our prison cells but remained trapped in the prison itself. Outside those walls lie freedom, a freedom that cannot be compared to simply just having free reign within the prison.

I did write a poem this year that speaks to what it means to discover God outside of the walls and it touches on some of the truths of what it means to be outside of the camp, and that camp being bigger than just an institution, but the camp being our lives, our world, our personal circumstances which could includes our children, our family our workplace our community. We have to have the ability to live in the freedom that was given to us in order for us to effectively minister to this world. It is another paradox that we have to be able to go outside to minister to those inside. I think it is called freedom. Here is the poem, it may minister to you https://youtu.be/PBQPKpnwjEo ......bro Frank

2017/10/26 12:19

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy