SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : WHAT ABOUT THE HOLMAN CHRISTIAN STANDARD BIBLE?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: as the Dutch said, "there ya go again"

Quote:
your NOT contending for the Word, you're not even contending for the Faith, you're only contending for your opinion.

Hey Neil,

If they don't contend for this, how can they know what the word of God is?

I want to give you a suggestion as a friend. If this subject bothers you so much, why not just post about other things and refrain from this discussion.

These men want to find the truth. Many are confused about omitions in the vernacular Biblical text that SHOULD not exist.

Instead of asking them to stop their discussion and quest for truth, why not abstain from comment and let the Lord work this out.

I fear you don't know these men's hearts as well as you may think.

Be blessed, my friend,

RT

2005/6/23 18:20Profile

re:

to call, for instance, the NIV Bible I hold in my hand, "satan's counterfeit" is just wrong, it's divisive, it stinks of fleshly pride and like I have said before, hews perilously close to committing the unpardonable sin.

I've said what I've been led to say, recieve it or not.

2005/6/23 18:28
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Who are you to say who will end up doing more or less in the Kingdom of God???

Indeed, I thought of this after the fact on my way home this evening. It is indeed possible he might, and I pray to God he can.

Just to boast of what God has accomplished through one of the profs, he started an inner city ministry in North Carolina called providence house, it is geared towards teenagers. It is a sort of "parachurch" ministry, and is currently reaching hundreds of urban teens with the gospel, bringing up some pretty radical disciples for Christ.

I pray Krispy can do such with whatever ministry God has or will give him. That's a pretty tall order.

2005/6/23 22:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
I pray Krispy can do such with whatever ministry God has or will give him. That's a pretty tall order.

KingJimmy....

I praise God for anyone who does anything to reach even one soul. One thing I wont do is compare what God has called ME to do in this life with what He has called someone else to do. The disciples got into an argument once about who was the greatest among them... one of their mothers even got involved.

All I can do is be in His will every single day. I might reach 2 people in this lifetime, I might reach 2 million... but as long as I've fulfilled His will for my life... then thats all that matters.

And thats all that matters for you as well.

Krispy

2005/6/24 5:45

Re:

Quote:
to call, for instance, the NIV Bible I hold in my hand, "satan's counterfeit" is just wrong

Sorry you feel that way, Neil. It's nice to see you're still in touch with your emotions. :-)

That is my conviction, and I'll stand by it. You and I have gone around this apple tree a number of times, and as of yet you have offered no evidence that you have ever even studied this issue... so I ask you, as RT did... why cant you resist jumping into this discussion?

As for being "satan's counterfeit", let me as you this... according to scripture, who is it that goes by the name "Morning Star"?

Quote:
it's divisive

This is lame... sorry. People who can not debate an issue, or want to shut people up throw out the "this is divisive, therefore you're wrong" statement. It's a lot like Benny Hinn saying "touch not the Lord's annointed". You consider it divisive because you dont agree with it. I dont consider standing for the Received Text to be divisive at all. In fact, there was a whole lot of unity about what was the true Word of God up until 1881. When the RSV came out (the first modern version based on the Alexandrian Text, and not the RT) thats when all the divisiveness started.

Study history, Neil.

Quote:
it stinks of fleshly pride

So now you're judging my motives? C'mon Neil... how can you possibly do that?

Quote:
like I have said before, hews perilously close to committing the unpardonable sin.

Actually what you said several months ago was that I DID commit the unpardonable sin by calling into question the validity of the NIV.

Quote:
I've said what I've been led to say, recieve it or not.

Hmmm... so phrasing it that way (saying you were led) we're not to question what you're saying? Thats a bit manipulative, dont ya think?

Neil... I love you brother. I wish you could reign in your emotions just a tad and discuss the facts and issues instead of making grand statements and proclamations about who's sinning and who's committing unpardonable sins.

It's interesting, this is my first real response toward how someone is treating me on this thread. I've responded to others statements, yet I have not turned this into a personal attack on anyone. I believe I've been very gracious, and have told several on here that I love them. ALL WORDS OF TRUTH.

Yet, I get attacked for taking a stand. I get called divisive, and a slew of other things...

Have y'all not changed around here? I read thru some of the hostile posts on this thread... and I begin to regret showing my face around here again. There are a few on here that will discuss the merits of the issue... but for the most part people are too hostile to really just talk about it.

How sad.

Krispy

2005/6/24 6:03

Re:

Quote:
I bet most the time you could not even recognize if somebody actually was.

(This is in reference to me saying I wont sit under someone who preaches out of a modern versions.)

To answer KingJimmy... uh, yea I can. I recognize the KJV when I hear it.

Quote:
It is so sad that you'd blame the Holy Spirit for such a delusion.

I blame the Holy Spirit for one thing... leading me into the truth. Not all truth, yet, but I'm making progress. :-)

Krispy

2005/6/24 6:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy