SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How many people believe in a literal Genesis, Literal Adam & Eve & Literal Flood

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

How many people believe in a literal Genesis, Literal Adam & Eve & Literal Flood

I am just interested to do a survey to wonder how many people hear believe in a literal adam and eve and not millions of year.

I believe in a young earth because of the science and because of the bible. Do we believe the bible to be a historical book from Genesis to Revelation.

2017/10/17 17:28Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: How many people believe in a literal Genesis, Literal Adam & Eve & Literal Flood

I believe in an ancient earth/universe because of science and the Bible. No the Bible is not a history book (though it does chart the history of a certain people) and no it is not a science book. That said, it doesn't matter to me what you or anyone else believes on the matter. I grant that it is possible that I am wrong although I think it is unlikely.

I do believe in a literal Adam and Eve and garden of Eden and Flood (the extent of same is open to debate).

2017/10/17 17:37Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Where in the bible does it say that we have an ancient universe. The thing is our foundations, the bible is a book that covers science as famous people such as Issac Newton and others used the bible to determine that because God made morals laws he also made Physical Laws, it has been only been recently with the rise of Atheism in science.
Things such as DNA and Polystrata Fossils, The complexity of the cell and even Fossils themselves.

If the Bible is not a history book then what outside sources do we refer to. I know that say David is roughly 10th BC and Ezra around the 7th Century BC.

This thing is vital as to place the Bible in placed and in time and history.

The thing is Evolutionary ideas do not provide a preface to say the fact that the fall happened in Genesis or why there are so many different languages.

You cannot believe in an ancient earth and Charles Lyle and Darwinian Thought and believe in the Bible as they are opposed, you can believe in salvation.

2017/10/17 17:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

It is probably humankind will be 7000 years long. Through genealogies we find we are in the 5900+ year I believe.

The flood was literal and world-wide. God's word is literal and true and all science and other things must be measured to God's word and not the other way.

2017/10/17 18:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Dominic- I do not believe you want a debate so I will not debate you.

But I must state that while I believe the universe is indeed billions of years old, I absolutely do not believe in Darwinian evolution, which is patently false.

But you cannot avoid the overwhelming evidence for a billions of years old universe because you are afraid it supports Darwinian evolution. That's kind of like saying you don't believe in germs because you are afraid of getting sick.

2017/10/17 18:29Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

The bible is physically linked to time and space via the divine revelation set forth in scripture.
A literal Adam for a literal Eve, a literal rib taken for the creation of a literal woman. A literal creation of the stars and moon, all plants and animals and a literal rest on the 7th day. From this we have literal plants and animals, a literal day of rest and a literal sinful world from a sinful man and woman literally choosing their own way instead of God's.
God's word is reality, its is truth beyond speculation. You cannot debate truth you can only assert it or disbelieve it.
Evolution, and old earth theories are based upon scripture plug-ins to the latest scientific theories.
I realize there are plenty of PhD's who pretend to offer interpretations that attempt to unite scientific theory and divine revelation...and my opinion is they are deceived, their education and their peers combine to form an audience more important than what God has literally said about literal events in time and space quantified and sequenced according to divine revelation. Human history is God's sequence. Any other sequence or history is a lie, it is fabricated to send the Church down any street except the straight and narrow one.

2017/10/17 19:04Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Id like to make a few points
1:Adam is counted as a literal man in the genealogies with a specific Age
2:It says in Genesis that "All the days of Adam were"
This is important because Adam was created on Day Six.So from Day Six to the end of his life were numbered in Genesis.
3:Jesus References Genesis as being literal.
4:If Sin and Death came into existance because of "Adam" then before "Adam" their could be no sin and death.Also if Sin and Death did not come in by Adam but were before Adam then their is no need for a saviour called Jesus, a second Adam.
5:For the most part but maybe not in this case "Billions of Years" are mentioned to leave room for evolution or to placate the modern world who call a young earth stupidity.Truth usually has nothing to do with it.
5:Taking God out of it for a moment :On the Issue of proof whether the earth is young or old?You cannot go out and measure it,so you have to rely on other evidences.For instance gravitational pull of the moon,it the moon were millions of years old then it would be right on top of the Earth as the moon moves I think an inch away every year.Or if you measure the silt at the mouth of rivers you can get an approximate time it takes to form that amount of silt and it is not millions but thousands of years etc
Just a few things on my mind ,Im sure others have good points that I didnt comment on,urs staff

2017/10/17 19:28Profile
savannah

Re: How many people believe in a literal Genesis, Literal Adam & Eve & Literal Flood

"How many people believe in a literal Genesis, Literal Adam & Eve & Literal Flood?"

I DO! I DO! MY VOTE IS YEA!

2017/10/17 19:29Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Delta,

I got a good chuckle out of this thread. I disagree with TMK, but you are not being fair.

You said, "I am just interested to do a survey to wonder how many people hear believe in a literal adam and eve and not millions of year. "

You then proceeded to counter his response. Is this a survey or a discussion/debate?

I take the Bible literally where it does not say explicitly that it is symbolic. So I believe in a literal Adam and Eve and a literal 7 days.

2017/10/17 19:30Profile
staff

Re:

Hi ,
One add-on to that is that Genesis takes Day Six and Day Seven as literal but that literal Day could be a year but no more than a year.Because "All of the days of Adam were" passage gives his age in Years.So I accept that Day Six and Day Seven could be a literal day or a literal year but no more than a year.So at its least the 7 days of Creation are 7 days and at its most the 7 days of Creation are 7 Years.Either way its a small period of time if you get my drift,
The bible sometimes has days as years and this is acceptable exegisis.The day in Creation week could not be a thousand years for instance because the age of Adam is qualified so we have the reference point sort to speak,urs Hugh

2017/10/17 19:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy