SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Cashless Society is here Now! (in Arnold, MO)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

RT,

Forgive my jibes dear brother. They read much meaner then I was intending...(Text chat doesn't convey the twinkle in the eye.) It wasn't right of me to be so flippant like that...handling words is like handling explosives...the minute you get careless someone can get hurt.

Thanks for your patience...

Quote:
Let's stay out of the beast system wherever possible

Brother, I'd just like to stay my foot out my mouth wherever possible.:-(

MC

2005/6/23 0:34Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re:

Quote:
Forgive my jibes dear brother.

No offense taken whatsoever. I enjoy a good spirited discussion. How fun would life be without a bit of wit here and there?

Quote:
Brother, I'd just like to stay my foot out my mouth wherever possible.

When you get done with your foot, can you help me with mine? :knockedout: Is there a doctor in the house? :-P

RT

2005/6/23 4:39Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

As for your accusations of my buying into "pop-theology", you have no statement from me of the sort. I am hardly the person you could accuse of aligning with pop-theology. I am very unpopular in most of my theology. But truth is what is important to me.

I'm not saying your theology as a whole is pop-theology, as being post-trib (as I am) is hardly pop-theology. However, the notion that the mark of the beast is going to be some space-aged advance computer chip type system is very much pop-theology. Such though is a entirely wild speculation though. The Scriptures simply teach it will be a mark. To be specific, the greek indicates this mark is more of a branding, as in the type put on cows. That makes it hardly a computer chip or fingerprint or iris scanning technology.

Quote:

Again, no one is saying "no currency." Just probably no cold, hard, cash that you can hold in your hand. It will be accounted "in" your hand on a chip. Possibly. VERY possibly.

Even if it ends up being a cashless society one day, the Scriptures themselves do not in anyway predict this. It is more-so a deduction based off current trends of technological advancement. Here is my deduction. World War 3 happens and all the societies that even had such technology are blown off the face of the earth because of a nuclear war. If such happened (and especially consider since America is not mentioned in the Bible), then we will be reduced to rather antiquated means for surviving. A ruler will emerge who will offer the surviving world hope and peace if they only follow him as God. To show their allegiance, he demands his followers only do trade with those who brand themselves with a mark on their head and/or forehand.

Now, this theory that I just made up is highly speculative, but equally as plausable. It also is a lot more Biblical.

p.s. forgive me if I was a little harsh in prior posts, I was not in a particularly great mood at the time.

2005/6/23 14:09Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re:

Quote:
I'm not saying your theology as a whole is pop-theology, as being post-trib (as I am) is hardly pop-theology.

Thank you.

Quote:
The Scriptures simply teach it will be a mark. To be specific, the greek indicates this mark is more of a branding, as in the type put on cows.

Now this is extra-Biblical speculation. Here you are wrong. The Bible says that the mark will be "in" the hand or forehead. A brand is (as you so accurately said) "on cows", not "in" them. God knew exactly what He was talking about. It is our primitive minds that try to look back to what we know already instead of seeing that God is showing us what will be that before hasn't been. So who is the wild speculator, sir?

Quote:
Here is my deduction.

So you admit that you do this as well with the "mark" passage. Interesting. ;-)

Quote:
World War 3 happens and all the societies that even had such technology are blown off the face of the earth because of a nuclear war. If such happened (and especially consider since America is not mentioned in the Bible), then we will be reduced to rather antiquated means for surviving. A ruler will emerge who will offer the surviving world hope and peace if they only follow him as God. To show their allegiance, he demands his followers only do trade with those who brand themselves with a mark on their head and/or forehand.

Ahh...So you see...your speculation requires quite a bit more gymnastics than mine. Why is this? Because you assume that the mark will be (and I quote) "on their head and/or forehand." But the Bible (KJV of course) says that it will be "in" the hand. Why don't you go check me out and just see if I'm not right? ;-)

Now what in the world could be put "in" our hands that could regulate buying and selling? Hmmm.....Positive Identification Microchips?? That WOULD work. But taking a molten brand out of the fire will leave a mark "on" the hand and doesn't fit the bill.

Will you consider that maybe you are wrong here?

RT

2005/6/23 17:48Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Since my time is short right now, I'll just do a fly by for now (it might be a couple days before I have more chance), especially since I have a couple more post I have to check up on besides this.

Quote:

Will you consider that maybe you are wrong here?

Of course, but read my prior post closer, for in it I say:

Quote:

Now, this theory that I just made up ...

I essentially typed up the first thing that poppped in my head. I made this theory up on the fly. I gave it no more than 30 seconds.

I'll have to look up the "in" vs "on" reference when I get a chance, but I recall from prior looking up behind the word actually used for mark, the greek for "mark" was likened unto cattle branding. To me, a difference between "on" and "in" in this instance doesn't mean much as if you brand a cow, you are pressing the hot poker/iron into the cow's skin to leave the mark. Further more, a mark is something that is visible. Even if there is more to this "in" thing, one does not need a super computer chip of some sort. At Target (the company I work for), we have all sorts of special security stickers we put "in" cd's, clothes, etc. If somebody attempts to walk out of the store with one of these magnetic strips not having been deactivated, the alarm goes off.

Why not simply have something more like this? Something that needs to be distributed on such a massive scale needs to be simple. I believe your idea is far too complicated, and far too speculative. There are much more simple solutions available. Let's start with the simple before going more complex. Cattle type branding seems pretty simple. I know a man who got such a branding on his arm at a college frat party. He drank a beer, they put a nice hot poker to him, leaving a very distinct marking, and he said it really didn't hurt that bad. Easy to do, little pain, cheap, can be done by farmers and college students alike.

2005/6/23 22:44Profile
markm

Re:

Quote:
Here is my deduction. World War 3 happens and all the societies that even had such technology are blown off the face of the earth because of a nuclear war. If such happened (and especially consider since America is not mentioned in the Bible), then we will be reduced to rather antiquated means for surviving.

Oddly enough, I was considering posting a similar notion. It's a scenario that occurred to me while reading about the threat of electromagnetic pulse weaponry ([url=http://www.hillsdale.edu/imprimis/]See article here[/url]) which apparently has the ability to damage/disable electronics. I don't know if reports like that are hype or not, but it does give one pause. Imagine what it would be like if we were all used to our fingerprint scan payment system, and then suddenly the electronic infrastructure is destroyed.

But this is speculation from an active imagination.

2005/6/24 3:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy