SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Righteousness is an Internal Heart Matter

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Sister Frannie wrote...

•••
What is important I believe is JESUS in our hearts
•••

So true my sister. Our brother Paul prays for the Ephesians and consequently for us also...

••• For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ May dwell in your hearts through faith and that you being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth the length and the height and the depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge that you may be filled up in all the fullness of God..••• Ephesians 3:14-19

Paul was praying that the Ephesian believers would come to know that Jesus dwells in their hearts. Also that they would be able to comprehend the all-embracing love of Christ that God has for his children.

And by implication Paul would want us to know this too.

Blaine

2017/10/15 22:30
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Brother Blaine.
Thank you for the reply..
As I pray and seek His face for revival and for the church.
We all represent the church. In this hour as i minister to others in the church and out. I see the world has gotten into the church and I believe that is why the divorce rate is so high.. In the priveledge I have to minister this is my main scripture I strive to minister with.
I see that I need need to always remember JESUS's words to the pharisees's and his disciples.
I personally always remember MERCY.. TO REMEMBER WHERE I CAME FROM AND THAT I AM NOT WHERE I USED TO BE AND NOT WHERE I SHOULD BE BUT KNOW THAT I AM LOVED AND SAVED BECAUSE OF HIS MERCY.. AND SHOULD SHOW MERCY TO ALL..

Matt 23:11-28 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.

19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.

21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.

22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Just some more thoughts
Sister Frannie

2017/10/16 12:59Profile
MaryJane

Re: Righteousness is an Internal Heart Matter

Brothers and sisters our approach to practical righteousness must be gospel centered focused on Christ. We must realize that our internal righteousness is worked out by the Holy Spirit through Jesus dwelling in our hearts. It is only through a heart transformed by the grace of God can one truly have that righteousness that surpasses that of the scribes and the Pharisees.

Jesus said apart from Me you can do nothing. Apart from Jesus living in us we cannot truly be righteous in Him. Only by Him dwelling in our hearts can we truly have the righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ. Only through Jesus living in us can we truly obey Him from the heart.

My thoughts.

Posted by Blaine Scogin
_______

Greetings Blaine

I found myself agreeing with this from your post. JESUS is a person, HE wants relationship with us daily. Only by remaining in HIM can we hope to submit and live daily on to HIM.

God Bless and thanks for sharing
MJ

2017/10/16 16:03Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.  I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them." (Ezekiel 36 (25-27)

"But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people." (Jeremiah 31:33).

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
 Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8,9).

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:1,2).

2017/10/16 16:31Profile

Re:

Mary Jane writes...

•••
JESUS is a person, HE wants relationship with us daily. Only by remaining in HIM can we hope to submit and live daily on to HIM.
•••

Amen dear sister. One if my ministry partbers will often say that truth is found in a person and His name is Jesus.

Blaine

2017/10/17 6:53

Re:

Brother Mike writes...

•••
Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them." (Ezekiel 36 (25-27)

"But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people." (Jeremiah 31:33).
•••

Amen my brother. Only buy a new creation in our hearts worked out by the Holy Spirit can we truly walk in His will and His ways.

In effect we have received a new heart transplant through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Blaine

2017/10/17 6:58

Re: Life in Christ

I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing....John 15:5

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindbess, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, against such things there is no law. 5:22-23

having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God...Pholippians 1:11

As I read and meditate through John 15 about the vine and the branches I see an organic life that takes place.  This is portrayed in the organic Life of Christ through His Spirit in the life of the believer. Jesus says that He is the vine and we are the branches. As a branch clings to the vine and receives life to bear fruit. So we cling to Christ and receive His life to bear the fruit of the Spirit.

This is an organic union with Christ. And organic life-giving union with Jesus Himself.  It is Jesus living in us the believer by His Spirit.  And it is us living in Jesus Himself. Again by His Spirit. We in Jesus and Him in us.

Also this union is organic.  I remember from my basic biology that organic means life. We are an organism in Jesus. We are His life being lived out in us.  We are not an organization. We are in organism in Jesus.

His life lived out in us will certainly manifest the fruit of the Spirit.  The nine fruit are characterized by love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, fathfulness gentleness, self-control.  Against these internal virtues of the Spirit there is no law.  There is no written code.

Thus the believer is not governed by an external code of law or religious observance.  But rather the believer in Jesus is governed by the indwewilling Spirit of Christ who lives in His heart.  It is through the Holy Spirit by which we live out the righteousness of Christ. A heart righteousness that comes through Jesus Himself.  Primarily manifested through the fruit of the Spirit.

Simply my thoughts.

Blaine

2017/10/17 10:13
docs

Re: Sinfulness and righteousness

A divine exchange took place at the cross. Jesus was made sin with our sinfulness so that we may be made righteous with His righteousness. Our righteousness is always a "alien righteousness" coming always from outside ourselves. The new man was created according to God, in righteousness and true holiness (Ephesians 4:24). Not just saved but justified - just as if you had never sinned. Acquitted, made just, "made righteous."

We need to be on guard then against anything that makes us feel guilty.This is a denial of the work of the cross - very different than the specific conviction of the Holy Spirit. Guilt never ends; it goes on and on. Nothing you can do is sufficient. If Satan persists in his attempts to make you feel guilty, you can take your stand on God's promise in Isaiah 54:17:

"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage (or inheritance) of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from me."

Notice that God does not say He will condemn every tongue that rises against you; He says YOU will do that. On the basis of what Jesus has done for you on the cross, YOU must reject all Satan's accusations against you and refuse to come under guilt and condemnation. It is not your righteousness, after all, that is being challenged, but God's righteousness transferred to you. On that basis you can reject every accusation against you. You are not guilty. It does not matter from what angle the devil approaches you. All he can see is the righteousness of Christ covering you. This is summed up in Romans 8:1:

"There is therefore NOW no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus."

(Taken from "Bought with Blood: The Exchange Made at the Cross" - CH 5: "Righteousness In Place Of Sin")

2017/10/17 10:55Profile

Re:

David write...

A divine exchange took place at the cross. Jesus was made sin with our sinfulness so that we may be made righteous with His righteousness. Our righteousness is always a "alien righteousness" coming always from outside ourselves. The new man was created according to God, in righteousness and true holiness (Ephesians 4:24). Not just saved but justified - just as if you had never sinned. Acquitted, made just, "made righteous."

•••

But was it just a Judicial, positional righteousness. Or did something happen on the inside of our hearts?

Actually that begs another question. Can one be justified or declared not guilty before God and not show a change in their behavior?

Blaine

2017/10/17 18:20
docs

Re:

The new man within you was created in righteousness and true holiness (Ephesians 4:24). Something big time happened on the inside also but it will always be HIS holiness and righteousness.

The word for righteousness and the word for justified are side by side in the concordance. One immediately follows the other as they are very closely related.

2017/10/17 19:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy