Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Resurrection:

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Elibeth

Resurrection:

The resurrection,...could iit have anything to do with
the need of washing of water by the Word ? Is it needful?

Can we consider that ?

-----------------
🛐

elizabeth

2017/10/11 19:04Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Resurrection:

Sister,

Could you re-phrase your question and perhaps also share the scripture you are alluding to?

2017/10/11 22:02Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Yes,bro Greg, I will try,

Resurrection:
Thoughts: ......I know I talk a lot about the kingdom,...please bear w/me,...and NOW thinking on resurrection and is it something that is pertinent to the *Washing of Water by The Word." ?

What is your thoughts on:
Jn.3:5,...
Jesus answered, Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of 'water' and of 'the Spirit' he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

......does this 'Water' and 'Spirit', hold significants for being under the headship of the King ? ,..and entering the kingdom ?

thinking also, along the lines that being born is a travail,, if one wants to cling on to the world,.....having our will die, and washed away can be a travail.

I hope this is not foreign to everyone,..it is very important to me,because of The Lord revealing this to me that ....
* "The kingdom of God is the resurrected Lord in us" ..... He comes in,by Way of The Holy Spirit,to be Lord, ..King,..rule in our life, (Life).....the kingdom of God is within us,..it is The Fathers good pleasure to give us the kingdom...

But what does the 'Washing of water by the Word,have to do w/ The kingdom?
....I believe The King,who is Jesus,as His
'Grace' draws us to The Kings will,(we know that our will is always prevalent) then through the Spirit' leading, ..but must allow our will / Word to be washed away by His Word, ?...because He is King /Lord, of His Kingdom....us being made conformable...
( the resurrection of The Lord in us.)
* (The king at work in His kingdom that is within us)
prayerfully,
----------
elizabeth

2017/10/11 23:15Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The context in Eph 5 regarding washing of water by the word seems to have nothing to do with resurrection but rather Christ's desire for a sanctified church.

Obviously the new birth could be considered a resurrection of sorts and the new birth precedes sanctification.

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Psalm 119:11

2017/10/12 9:56Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Thank you,Todd,
I appreciate you responding.
I will consider on your thoughts.

I believe there is much to be considered about the overall / deep / a mystery,..if you will,...of The Lord' view of 'resurrection'....don't you?
Let us see..

Love the Paslms too,...His Words in our hearts..

Blessings,
-----------
elizabeth

2017/10/12 10:25Profile
MrBillPro

Houston,Texas

Re:

Lots of times when I don't understand some of the word of God I just fall back to this...The God who has revealed Himself in Scripture tells us that He is going to be “incomprehensible” to us. But does this mean that God is going to be irrational or illogical? No. It means that God is beyond man’s capacity to understand or explain exhaustively. In this sense, God is beyond human reason and logic because He is infinite and we are finite.

2017/10/12 11:21Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Dear bro.,
Thank you for responding,

RE:
".The God who has revealed Himself in Scripture tells us that He is going to be “incomprehensible” to us. But does this mean that God is going to be irrational or illogical? No. It means that God is beyond man’s capacity to understand or explain exhaustively. In this sense, God is beyond human reason and logic because He is infinite and we are finite."

Re:
"It means that God is beyond man’s capacity to understand or explain exhaustively."

Bro. , Can we look at ,just a few, thoughts,......

* the men on the way to Emaus,...How The Lord opened their eyes.

*Paul, who did not confer w/man, ...didn't have a new testiment,..
but God taught him, through The Spirit.

* How the Scriptures continually desires for us to have 'spiritual eyes',...
eyes to see/ears to hear....and it is only He that can do that for us.

Peter, ..and we know that Scripture ,.."who do you say that I Am ?
"Thou art The Christ, The Son of the Living God.
( flesh and blood did not reveal this to him,but The Father in Heaven. ")

May we 'see' O'Lord, 🛐
🙏

---------------------
elizabeth

2017/10/12 11:54Profile
MrBillPro

Houston,Texas

Re:

Quote:
elizabeth said...Bro. , Can we look at ,just a few, thoughts,......
* the men on the way to Emaus,...How The Lord opened their eyes.
*Paul, who did not confer w/man, ...didn't have a new testiment,..
but God taught him, through The Spirit.

Agreed, but as with probably many Christians that have had encounters with God, just because we've had that encounter, doesn't mean we exactly understand this encounter, but we decided to follow God's voice anyway. I don't ever try and figure out what God is doing in my life, stopping and figuring opens the door for old sluefoot to step in and confuse. The men on the way to Emaus...my interpretation of that is yes, God did open their eyes, and they entered into a phase of their life in which they understood both the Scriptures and the Lord Himself differently. In other words they had a different understanding of God, I don't feel they completely understood him still.

2017/10/12 12:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Elizabeth-

In Eph 5 when Paul talked about the washing of water by the word, don't you think he was just using a metaphor? Doesn't he just mean that the word, properly applied and heeded, can cleanse us?

It doesn't seem as esoteric to me as you are making it, but it is very possible I am not 100% sure what you are getting at.

2017/10/12 12:30Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Bro.,
RE:
.... "The men on the way to Emaus...my interpretation of that is yes, God did open their eyes, and they entered into a phase of their life in which they understood both the Scriptures and the Lord Himself differently. In other words they had a different understanding of God, I don't feel they completely understood him still."

Yes,..He wants to reveal to us who He really is.,....His thoughts,..... His judgments,how He see things....to actually 'know' Him.
Don't we need the keys to the kingdom too.
Isn't that the place we want to be?

So,What do we see in this ?

We can see in the communing w/Peter,...How it pleased Jesus,....by that revelation Jesus told him,...(we know how it goes)

when
The Spirit,...The Father revealed Truths to him,...and not a flesh and blood thing-
But,only a few verses down when Peter began to have a heart / care for this life,... earthly things,...his love of how he had it down here, ..his love /care for being w/ Jesus....
Jesus said to him,..."Get behind me Satan"

He does reveal His Word / His Spirit, ..Himself to us ,but by measure to us.
But Jesus,His Son,..God gave it to Him "without measure". (see below)

Jn.3;31-34,....(John the Baptist speaking of Jesus)
He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: "for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him."

Lovingly I share,
Thank you for communing,
-----------------
elizabeth

2017/10/12 13:50Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy