SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SermonIndex Conference?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

I too remember those prayer meeting Dominic, I had the privilege of leading them. If you remember, we had our prayer group back in the States call in and join in. We also had a school of blind children praying in Africa at the same time. Intercessors from many countries were there. I believe there were major breakthroughs due to the prayer that was going on. Carter Conlon decided to come back the following year and brought 250 people from his church and conducted multiple outreaches in schools, prisons, old folks homes and on the streets. Tremendous, the power of prayer brought helped rend the heavens and God came down and met us.........bro Frank

2017/12/29 18:11
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Glad to hear this, Greg. Looking forward to learning more.

2017/12/29 22:59Profile
Theophila

Re: SermonIndex Conference?

Loving the sound of this.
However I'm weary of conferences where there's much speaking on the need for prayer/revival but not much actual prayer, edifying/convicting music or testimony time.

2017/12/31 1:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
However I'm weary of conferences where there's much speaking on the need for prayer/revival but not much actual prayer, edifying/convicting music or testimony time.

Dear brother,

Thank you for your feedback. The conference is not going to be "informational" as you stating you are weary of but messages on repentance and change. It is our hearts that need to respond and change. We are the ones hindering revival.

There will be times of prayer and worship, waiting on God in silence etc.

Thank you for sharing your burden for testimony time as another brother highlighted this also.

It seems to be house churches and institutional churches need revival. Both are hindering the Spirit and "rivers of living water" are not flowing from either impacting a lost world. May God in His mercy work in our hearts. All your comments and others saints posted are appreciated and taken to prayer.

2017/12/31 7:05Profile
dohzman

Re:

Faithworketh by love

The real trouble comes in here, we want revival but we want it on our terms and to some degree for our benefit. Sure we want to see people saved.healed.delivered etc... but in the end it serves to benefit our role calls in various fellowships. Not all fellowships need revival as I believe some are already following The will of God. I believe the next move of God in America will be in the highways and byways . Orchestrated through Christian nobodies ,no cameras, no fan fair , just ordinary people loving on thoughts they minister to. It will sneak up on the church and serve as a rebuke on local levels causing a ripple effect and genuine repentance within the more organized fellowships. Than the type of revival everyone seems to want will happen. If you want a God ordained conference lay the foundations of historical witnessing and send people out. Salvation Army comes to mind, what Conlon did in number 2 maybe. Don’t get me wrong C of G holds my papers, and there is a placed for organized religion,but I believe as to how things from Heaven will fall on America what I wrote will happen, as to other countries, I have no idea.

2017/12/31 8:35Profile

Re: Do We Really Need Another Conference?

Brethren I have attended 2 SI conferences and they have been a blessing. But the greatest blessing was when we had a simple meeting of the saints in Missouri a few years ago. In those meetings there were no main speakers and no agenda. We simply gathered around the Lord Jesus Christ in His simplicity. We waited upon the Lord and simply shared as He spoke to our hearts.

We were in an attitude of fasting before the Lord in the 2 1/2 days as we met yogether. Those who attended said that they were blessed and refreshed. I know I was.

Thus my question is do we really need another conference with well-known speakers that we all know and respect. Rather should we not pick a central part of the country or different parts of the country that are accessible to the saints and meet in radical simplicity and dependence ipon Jesus? And letting the saints share what Jesus speaks into their hearts. This I believe it's more New Testament oriented.

But then, these are simply my thoughts.

Bro Blaine

2017/12/31 8:42
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I too remember those prayer meeting Dominic, I had the privilege of leading them. If you remember, we had our prayer group back in the States call in and join in. We also had a school of blind children praying in Africa at the same time. Intercessors from many countries were there. I believe there were major breakthroughs due to the prayer that was going on. Carter Conlon decided to come back the following year and brought 250 people from his church and conducted multiple outreaches in schools, prisons, old folks homes and on the streets. Tremendous, the power of prayer brought helped rend the heavens and God came down and met us.........bro Frank
Amen
Dom

2017/12/31 10:24Profile
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re: SermonIndex Conference?

My family and I went to the last three conferences in Atlanta, and were richly blessed by them, particularly the Fear of the Lord conference in 2011. I could see how it would be great blessing to many to hold another conference like those. I have found conferences to be far from unnecessary when done rightly, but are times of refreshment for the saints. I will be in prayer about this for SI and will await whatever decision is made. God bless!

2018/1/18 19:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy