SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : No Holy Ghost in Human Effort by S. Chadwick

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 No Holy Ghost in Human Effort by S. Chadwick

The presence of the Spirit is vital and central to the work of the church. Nothing else avails. Apart from Him wisdom becomes folly, and strength weakness. The church is called to be a "spiritual house" and a holy priesthood.

Only spiritual people can be its living stones, and only the Spirit-filled its priests. Scholarship is blind to spiritual truth till He reveals. Worship is idolatry till He inspires. Preaching is powerless if it be not a demonstration of his power. Prayer is vain unless He energizes.

Human resources of learning and organization, wealth and enthusiasm, reform and philosophy, are worse than useless if there be no Holy Ghost in them. The church always fails at the point of self-confidence. When the church is run on the same lines as a circus, there may be crowds but there is no Shekinah.

That is why prayer is the test of faith and the secret of power. The Spirit of God travails in the prayer-life of the soul.

Miracles are the direct work of his power, and without miracle the church cannot live. The carnal can argue, but it is the Spirit that convicts. Education can civilize, but it is being born of the Spirit that saves.

The energy of the flesh can run bazaars, organize amusements, and raise millions; but it is the presence of the Holy Spirit that makes a temple of the Living God. The root trouble of the present distress is that the church has more faith in the world and the flesh than in the Holy Ghost, and things will get no better till we get back to his realized presence and power.

The "breath of the four winds" would turn death into life and dry bones into mighty armies, but it only comes by prayer.

2017/10/7 20:33Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: No Holy Ghost in Human Effort by S. Chadwick

Absolutely SPOT ON! Amen. This is it. It is Christ in me, through the Holy Spirit. I can do nothing, but energized by the power of the Holy Spirit, He can do all things through me.

2017/10/9 13:40Profile
Jeremy221

Quote:
Worship is idolatry till He inspires.

I think you can tell what songs are written in worship and which aren’t. For instance ever so popular “Heart of Worship” remains idolatry despite its claims. A dear sister on the God’s Foretold Work was commenting this week about how the singers in the Tabernacle and Temple sang to the Lord, they didn’t sing for a human audience. I’m tired of the popular song or the one with the pretty music or vocals, I want to be with worshippers, with those who see no man but Christ high and lifted up. Stephen had that vision “being full of the Spirit...”

2017/10/9 14:32Profile
leyoung

AMEN AND AMEN!!!
From Samuel Chadwick who was a mentor of Leonard Ravenhill.
We're back at square one again in this generation!

2017/10/9 14:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy