SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : How we respond

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

How we respond

“All that grieves is but for a moment. All that pleases is but for a moment. Only the Eternal is important. A trial comes. It will pass. In a few days, or months, or years, we shall have forgotten it. The way we MEET that trial—our inner attitude towards it—belongs to things that are ETERNAL. All that we are, all that will ever be, in us and in others, in the entire universe—past, present, and future—is effected for all eternity by how we RESPOND to temptations, or trials, or victories, or defeats. The issues themselves are irrelevant. The ETERNAL: how we respond in our inner hearts—those are the only things that matter. All else will pass and be forgotten and trivialized by time and space. It does not seem so now. We feel, ‘If I could only have ____. If only this problem would go away. THEN, ____.’ Yet, we must be reminded of what we know. The pleasures pass. The trials, though they seem long and difficult, are a vapor. If we could have what we desire, or shed what we disdain, we would, WITH THAT ATTITUDE, only suffer dreadful loss in the Eternal realm. The Scriptures say, ‘He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their soul.’ Let us look to Him and invest in the Eternal, not that which only passes away.” (Amy Carmichael)

Such a timely reminder for me just now. With everything happening in the world today...how I respond is what matters. My trust and hope remains in HIM always.

GOD bless
mj

2017/10/5 19:35Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: How we respond

Thank you for sharing sister, truly the eternal mindset we need.

2017/10/5 20:08Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Amen!
Very good word sister:)

2017/10/5 22:09Profile

On Christ the solid rock we stand, all other ground is sinking sand........ To live in a day when all things that can be shaken are being shaken is to live in a day when we have a tremendous opportunity to express our trust and our faith, not in something fleeting or temporal, but in the eternal unshakable never changing God who holds us in the palm of His hand...........bro Frank

2017/10/6 0:02

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy