SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Laying Hold of Christ Life For Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Laying Hold of Christ Life For Healing

Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies. (2 Corinthians 4:10 NLT)

There are values in Christ risen for our bodies now. His risen Life can now energize these bodies; not, for the present, to change them into the likeness of His glorious body, but to quicken them for service. There is risen Life for these mortal bodies now, but it has to be deliberately appropriated, chosen, drawn upon. It is useless for me when I am feeling ill and weak to sit down and say, "Oh, Lord, come and pick me up, and put me on my feet, and make me well!" The Lord never does so.

I know this: that in such times of desperate weakness and physical discount, utter inability, any kind of coming in of the Lord has always been introduced by the Lord making me take hold of Him. The Lord has never come in and made me suddenly to feel myself being filled, permeated with Life, and rising up. I have known the moment very often come when the Lord, not in an audible voice but in what is as good, a suggestion, a prompting, has said, "Lay hold of Life; lay hold of Me as your Life!" There were no spoken words, but the intimation was to this effect: The time has come to repudiate this state and lay hold of Christ for Life! And that has been unto a renewal for a further period of service. The Lord does not take us up like an automaton; He causes us to cooperate with Himself on the basis of His risen Life. All the values of Christ risen are found by our deliberate and definite taking hold of His risen Life. That is but to say, repudiate Adam, whether it be in body, soul or spirit, and stand in Christ for whatever the need may be. Is it for spirit? Is it for mind? Is it for heart? Is it for will? Is it for body? The one essential is to stand definitely in Christ for the situation.... The whole realm and range of Christ for experience is dependent upon His risen Life in us, and our laying hold of it, standing on it. The Lord show us more of what that means.

By T. Austin-Sparks from: The Risen Lord and the Things Which Cannot be Shaken - Chapter 3

2017/10/4 18:58Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: Laying Hold of Christ Life For Healing

Hello Mike, how do you presonally take hold of the life of Christ in these situations ?

What you have said reminds me of a book I once read called
Back To Square One by Larry Christenson.

David

2017/10/5 11:08Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"how do you presonally take hold of the life of Christ in these situations ?"

Hi David,

This is a very good question, and there are so many Christians today that believe that Jesus Christ does have healing for them in their spirit, soul, and body, but do not know how to avail themselves to receive the healing virtue of Jesus Christ that is available to us all.

T. Austin Sparks, Andrew Murray, Watchman Nee, A. B. Simpson used the word appropriate many times when teaching on how to receive healing. Healing must be appropriated, received, laid hold of by faith. That word literally means to take as one's own. Healing is ours because it has been provided through our Lord Jesus Christ, and we appropriate healing by believing and claiming the promises of God, and taking hold of that which God has freely given to us.

2017/10/5 12:33Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Okay Thank you.

the anxious mind can cause disruption to receiving by faith and the provision of Grace there for us.

Thanks for the post.

2017/10/5 13:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy