SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What will it take for Revival to come?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re: What will it take?

Quote:
No one seems to really want true Spiritual Revival in this land.

Don't get 'Elijah' on us Bro. :-)
There are many, though they may not be vocal (which probably isn't a bad thing) that are seeking to lay hold of God for His outpouring. Maybe He is waiting for us to come to the place where we are of one accord, one heart, one mind. Maybe He is waiting for us to stop bickering and start bewailing the fact that there is no overwhelming presence of our God before us and the lost.
Quote:
"Yet I have Me left seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him."

Maybe He is waiting to see if those 'seven thousand' will come out of hiding and come before His throne of grace together to seek Him for Himself alone and not revival, not anything other than Him.

2005/6/22 14:29Profile
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Re:

Quote:
Maybe He is waiting to see if those 'seven thousand' will come out of hiding and come before His throne of grace together to seek Him for Himself alone and not revival, not anything other than Him.

Thank you for sharing, that was my point. To stir up and see who would rise up. I know there are more true believers, then it appears. When are we going to seek the lord more coporately than privately is the question I'm asking?? To love Him ONLY for HIM. Let Christ be head and rule His body. We are oviously making quite the mess of things.

2005/6/22 18:26Profile
Nellie

Re: That we may know Him.

THat we may know Him, the only True God, and Jesus Christ whom He sent, has to be our Prayer and Plea.
It would behoove all of us, who are born again believers, filled with the Holy Spirit, to pray daily for Spiritual decernment.
God is faithful.
We may get deceived, but His Spirit will show us the deception, if we truly want only what He wants.

I have found this to be true in my own life, recently.
I was deceived by this man at our Church, but God showed me, through the power of the Holy Spirit, that this man was a false prophet.
I have asked God to please not let me be deceived, and He is honoring my Prayer.

I have learned from the Christians on this Forum, and I thank God for it.

God Bless you all.
Nellie :-)

2005/6/22 18:48Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

I like what DeVern Fromke has to say about revival...

"...and we read of the darkest hour in Israel's history during the period of the Judges. They cried out to the Lord, and with each new judge that He raised up there was a bit of revival, but I believe that this would teach us that mere reviving is not the real answer. God must awaken His people to be alive to His larger purpose, not merely awakenings and revivings for themselves."

In Christ,

Ron

2005/6/22 18:52Profile

Re: What will it take for Revival to come?

Quote:
What is the Spirit of God saying to His Church?

get desperate for God, starving with a God hunger that will not be satisfied with anything less than our communities becoming saturated with God.

Praise His Name!!

2005/6/22 19:55
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

At this stage the only thing that can bring about revival is the outpouring of God's wrath in judgement. God has sent many many messengers to try and get us to repent and return to Him but we have not. there are those among us who are indeed active in the Spirit and are at work for Him but the vast majority are still dead in the Spirit or inactive in the Spirit. If we go back in history the trend is that we only seek God earnestly in times of adversity, very few people seek God or are tied to Him in times of prosperity, God becomes and afterthought. We have far too many idols, other loves and desires and things to do than concern ourselves with God. but when disatser strikes...we ring His phone off the hook.

We fill ourselves with whatever the world has to offer so we aren't hungry for God, so the only way now for us to become hungry for Him is for Him to take away whatever it is we are stuffing ourselves with. That may be material wealth, lusts, pride etc. With all that junk out of the way we'll be hungry alright.

It is encouraging that there are some out there already hungry for Him and letting it show.

2005/6/22 22:51Profile
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Re:

Welcome"son of thunder" I love your insights, you can jump in my trench as we fight anytime. Good to have some real faith fighters here, I'm encouraged since I'm still new here. Blessings.

2005/6/23 0:12Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
Welcome"son of thunder" I love your insights, you can jump in my trench as we fight anytime. Good to have some real faith fighters here, I'm encouraged since I'm still new here. Blessings.

indeed as the Lord permits

2005/6/23 18:22Profile
discodave

Los Angeles

Purpose Driven WIFE

As a church (the bride of Christ) we should be doing more than finding out what our purpose is! How stupid does "foreign" Warren think the church in America is? Maybe if Christians would start exercising their faith, they would get hungry. And even if they are hungry, they are feeding themselves with the wrong diet! (PDL instead of the Word) I'm not bagging on Warren's book but I have seen more harm than good come out of it. He should have followed it up with a book that puts his plan into action. Like... "now that you have purpose (even though we have had it this whole time), this is what you do with it"... I believe all it did was make Christians feel good about being Christians. I didn't notice any references about suffering or persecution...
This is a great website with many great resources! I never would have found it without Keith Green... but I am glad I did!

2005/6/23 19:34Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Purpose Driven WIFE

I need a personal revivial before I reivive others in all the major revivials that Ihave read it has affected all the homes. I think they ended up having self devotions it is a clear and pure concius and to obey god!! and to get myself to read my bible!!

2005/6/24 10:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy