SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : All your troubles vanished?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
denem7

Orange Park, FL

All your troubles vanished?

Psalms 34:17 says: the righteous cry out and the lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.

Psalms 34:19 says: a righteous man may have many troubles, but the lord delivers him from them all.

i believe the bible is the inerrant word of God, but i need a little explanation on these 2 verses. first of all, are they true? i mean, is there anyone in this group that has NO troubles?

dennis

2005/6/20 16:59Profile
dohzman

Re: All your troubles vanished?

Hi Bro.--read it carefully, the way I understand this is it's not saying we won't have troubles, but that when we do the Lord will deliever us. What do you think?

2005/6/20 17:34Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

"Hi Bro.--read it carefully, the way I understand this is it's not saying we won't have troubles, but that when we do the Lord will deliever us. What do you think?"

Right on the mark. If we turn to the lord he is faithful and just not only to forgive but to show us a way. we have to be in trouble for him to deliever us out of trouble. :-D

2005/6/20 19:42Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: All your troubles vanished?

Quote:
Psalms 34:17 says: the righteous cry out and the lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.

Wouldn't you have to be 'in' one before you could be delivered 'out' of one?

2005/6/21 18:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
ravin said:
we have to be in trouble for him to deliever us out of trouble.

Quote:
philologos said:

This is more than two minds with one single thought, or, a good eye for English interpretation; yes, it's true - can also testify to it - but more, the proof of the receiving is in the 'righteous crying out'. It is as we trust the righteousness of Jesus Christ that the Lord and Father is able to deliver His children from their troubles.

2005/6/21 18:26
Welch

Florida

Re:

Quote:

Simple yet profound. God is wonderful how simple He makes His word. I believe this is the answer to the question of the verse. Christianity is the only thing that offers joy at all points in our life not like the worlds wisdom of enjoy it when it's good and tough it out when it's bad. Applause to you Phil. I love you all

2005/6/28 15:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy